Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #421
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Oddometer: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrody View Post
Hi guys,.....I have a question about the QRDP install on my bike.......
Did Britt answer your questions?
Jesse Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:45 AM   #422
jbrody
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Luggage View Post
Did Britt answer your questions?

So far, I added the missing plate but still having the flex problem.... So Britt and I have a plan for me to drop by the shop. The help has been great, and thanks for the follow up.

Jason
jbrody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #423
jbrody
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Time Spent and Jesse Luggage

I want to thank Britt, Mike, and Al for the time they spent with me and my bike today. Appreciate your guys time.

Jason

2014-01-07 15.01.49 by Jbrodydotcom, on Flickr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrody View Post
So far, I added the missing plate but still having the flex problem.... So Britt and I have a plan for me to drop by the shop. The help has been great, and thanks for the follow up.

Jason
jbrody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #424
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Here's what the orange mounts look like on the 1190 KTM.

And this is the width from outside of bag to outside of bag with the 10" Ody II system.

This width is using the stock exhaust. If you go to an aftermarket smaller diameter silencer, you can remove spacers in the luggage mount system to bring the bags in another 1.5" total. If you went with the Safari 9" bags, and a smaller exhaust, you'd get another 3.5" narrower than shown.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:29 PM   #425
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Thanks to Carolina BMW we now know for certain, that Jesse Bags fit on the new 2014 BMW 1200 GSA. These pix are the 10" Odysseys II's. They are the same bags that fit on the 1200GS waterheads. In addition to the 10" Ody's, they are available in both the 9" and 11" Safari's. Ody's are $1280 US plus shipping, Safari's are $1490 US plus shipping. Expect the prices to change on Feb 15, 2014.

Many thanks to inmate, mikegc, for the pix. And congrats on the new bike!
Old 02-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #426
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate

Oddometer: 7,931
Quote:
Expect the prices to change on Feb 15, 2014.

This..... and a dumping snow and ice storm that kept me away from work today got me motivated to get my order in today.

I wonder where that road goes?
DirtDabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:46 AM   #427
Scottishman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Questions

Quote:
Thanks to Carolina BMW we now know for certain, that Jesse Bags fit on the new 2014 BMW 1200 GSA. These pix are the 10" Odysseys II's. They are the same bags that fit on the 1200GS waterheads. In addition to the 10" Ody's, they are available in both the 9" and 11" Safari's. Ody's are $1280 US plus shipping, Safari's are $1490 US plus shipping. Expect the prices to change on Feb 15, 2014.

Many thanks to inmate, mikegc, for the pix. And congrats on the new bike!
I am interested in buying a set of panniers for my soon to arrive 2014 GSAW. I was under the impression that the rear frame on the GSA was different from the GS, so how can the racks fit the GSA?
Second question is the top rack. It looks great in the pic - does it hinge open at the front of the container? It's 6 L, CORRECT?
What's the difference between the Safari's and the Ody's?
What' the price increase going to be on Sat?
Thanks much much for replying quickly.
2014 BMW GSA 1200
2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, 2012 Porsche Boxster S Black Edition
Scottishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:20 AM   #428
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottishman View Post
I was under the impression that the rear frame on the GSA was different from the GS, so how can the racks fit the GSA?
What gave you that impression? The R1200GS and GSA always had the same rear frame. The only difference is that the standard GS mostly comes with Vario case preparation on the footpeg hangers which gets in the way of the OEM Adventure luggage, but as all the 3rd luggage sets on the market account for that, why shouldn't they fit?

The interchangeability between GS and GSA is one of the big advantages. For example I have the OEM Adventure luggage on my GS, including now the rear top luggage carrier. Only thing that was in the way were the Vario mounts on the footpegs.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:10 PM   #429
Scottishman
Gnarly Adventurer

Gsa

Well for one, the GlobeScout guys say their panniers will not fit the GSA yet!

And I recall something in the original GSA announcement talking about a larger and more robust rear sub frame. But that is from my flawed memory of several months ago.
2014 BMW GSA 1200
Old 02-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #430
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
Quote:
Well for one, the GlobeScout guys say their panniers will not fit the GSA yet!

And I recall something in the original GSA announcement talking about a larger and more robust rear sub frame. But that is from my flawed memory of several months ago.
I believe the GlobeScout guys were talking about their bags fitting the factory GSA racks as they've done with the oil cooled bikes.

The subframe is the same on both bikes. They are basically identical bikes except for gas tank and suspension.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:43 PM   #431
Scottishman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
I believe the GlobeScout guys were talking about their bags fitting the factory GSA racks as they've done with the oil cooled bikes.

The subframe is the same on both bikes. They are basically identical bikes except for gas tank and suspension.
I will take your word about the subframe being the same, but I was very clear about NOT using the factory GSA racks for their panniers.

You know, I find it fascinating that we get better info from inmates than we do from the vendors! I still have not gotten a response from Jesse. I guess we care more.

Thanks much for your input, guys.
2014 BMW GSA 1200
Old 02-15-2014, 01:44 AM   #432
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
Quote:
I will take your word about the subframe being the same, but I was very clear about NOT using the factory GSA racks for their panniers.

You know, I find it fascinating that we get better info from inmates than we do from the vendors! I still have not gotten a response from Jesse. I guess we care more.

Thanks much for your input, guys.
At the end of the day, it could be simply they haven't had a GSA to test fit and therefore can't recommend them yet.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:38 AM   #433
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,843
Let's put it that way: the rear frames are exactly the same, the only difference are the luggage mounts. And that manifests itself as a problem ONLY in the rear foot peg hangers for the Varios.

I have the GSA racks on my 2014 standard GS. No issue apart from the footpeg hanger which has the Vario "stabilizer" - I had to take these off. As all aftermarket luggage so far take these into account and work around them, there will be no issue mounting any of the existing systems on a GSA.

Note that Jesse does have a slight "issue" (if you can call it that) with their current racks: the right side is closer to the signal than the left by about an inch. There are a few discussions around that in the GSpot section.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #434
Scottishman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Let's put it that way: the rear frames are exactly the same, the only difference are the luggage mounts. And that manifests itself as a problem ONLY in the rear foot peg hangers for the Varios.

I have the GSA racks on my 2014 standard GS. No issue apart from the footpeg hanger which has the Vario "stabilizer" - I had to take these off. As all aftermarket luggage so far take these into account and work around them, there will be no issue mounting any of the existing systems on a GSA.

Note that Jesse does have a slight "issue" (if you can call it that) with their current racks: the right side is closer to the signal than the left by about an inch. There are a few discussions around that in the GSpot section.
Thanks much Cug.

Yes, I see the issue with differing widths from the other forum.

Wonder when someone from Jesse will respond to the questions:
When do you plan to fix the width issue?
What is the difference between the Safari and Odyssey panniers?
How does the 6L tool box open?
2014 BMW GSA 1200
Old 02-17-2014, 07:57 AM   #435
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
I am interested in buying a set of panniers for my soon to arrive 2014 GSAW. I was under the impression that the rear frame on the GSA was different from the GS, so how can the racks fit the GSA?
Second question is the top rack. It looks great in the pic - does it hinge open at the front of the container? It's 6 L, CORRECT?
What's the difference between the Safari's and the Ody's?
What' the price increase going to be on Sat?
Thanks much much for replying quickly.
Good morning James, We're replying as quickly as we can.Please consider that we're basically a factory not a retail store. We're open Monday thru Thursday and you posted on Friday while we were closed, so no reply until today, Monday when we're open. As has been mentioned by others, the rear subframe is the same on the GSA as the GS. We didn't know that for sure either until some bikes started coming into the USA. Carolina BMW did the installation, not Jesse Luggage. (Thanks again Carolina) The rear compartment opens from the rear on the water cooled bikes. It's smaller than the oilhead ones, at 5 liter.

The difference between Ody's and Safari's are width size, Ody's are 10", Safari's are either 9" or 11". Safaris have rounded corners and cost more to make, hence cost more to purchase. The new price change is for Safari's only at the moment. $1580 USD for Safari's, (9" or 11"). Effective as soon as the webmaster changes the web page. (he takes weekends off as well and today's a holiday for many in the US). Al is working on the mount width issue, but exactly what that entails, I don't know. Sorry I can't be more specific with that info, I just don't have it.
Hope this helps.

Jesse Luggage screwed with this post 02-17-2014 at 08:32 AM