Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #106
GH41
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Luggage Dude, can I assume the 8" Safaris are still being made? I am looking to go as skinny as possible. GH
GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #107
Ron from BC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,363
Thumb Customer Service Report

Not going into any details...suffice to say that Chris, Alycia and Al stand behind their products and reputation.

For the past 8 years the Odyssey II bags have been a solid performer for providing secure dry storage AND for protecting me and the bike from sustaining any damage even when Brunhilda decided to have a nap on her side. I might add that the panniers suffered only a minor scratch to the paint.

The customer support you can expect from Chris, Al and the factory is outstanding.

When I need new luggage or if a friend wants feedback on what to get.......easy peasy....Jesse Luggage!

Thanks.....

Old 04-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #108
X-Rated
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJL View Post
Thanks for the steer, RJL. My liners have shipped to me.

A.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?odmsvu
Old 04-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #109
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
I have to say I'm happy with my experience with Jesse Luggage as well. After reading the various things on the internet and the questionable customer service of the past, I was a bit nervous to be honest. Dealing with Alycia who is clearly new wasn't boosting my confidence either as she is still learning but was also trying her best.

I received my bags a little over a week after ordering and they are badass, just as everyone says they are. One did have a slight dent in the lid, most likely from shipping. I called and spoke with Alycia again, and then emailed photos to Chris. Without question, Chris promptly emailed me back and said a new lid would be shipped out to me. I'm pretty happy with the way they stood behind their product.

Also, the very next day after receiving them I went on a 3 day trip, much of which was on dirt. I'm happy to say there was absolutely no dust intrusion at all, which should be a good indicator of being water tight as well but that hasn't been tested yet.

A photo for your viewing pleasure after the first day, which hadn't seen much dirt yet...
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #110
onlyinajeep
n00b

Oddometer: 2
The previous Wee panniers were "L" shaped are they no longer available for the 2012 Wee? What are the capacities of these bags? Can you post any pics without the bags mounted. How much will these run?

thanks, Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Luggage View Post
Al sent me an email last night of the 2012 DL650 prototypes so I thought I would sneak them onto ADV

onlyinajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #111
ironbutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Customer Service Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron from BC View Post
Not going into any details...suffice to say that Chris, Alycia and Al stand behind their products and reputation.

For the past 8 years the Odyssey II bags have been a solid performer for providing secure dry storage AND for protecting me and the bike from sustaining any damage even when Brunhilda decided to have a nap on her side. I might add that the panniers suffered only a minor scratch to the paint.

The customer support you can expect from Chris, Al and the factory is outstanding.

When I need new luggage or if a friend wants feedback on what to get.......easy peasy....Jesse Luggage!

Thanks.....

I absolutely have to give them the same vote of confidence.

I have Jesse bags on 3 different V-Stroms. They are absolutely top quality and will take a pounding like you won't believe and will give many years of great use, outlasting at least one of my V-Stroms to serve a second lifetime on a new Strom.

More recently, Chris answered my email over the weekend (even I told him it was the weekend, go riding!).

Alycia is great, if she does not understand exactly what you want, give her a chance. I called frantic (long story) this afternoon needing something, she got me sorted out right away, listening carefully to what was needed, figuring out how to fix me up and two hours later my order was shipped via UPS. She really went the extra mile.

You can't get better then that.

Mike
ironbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #112
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Oddometer: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinajeep View Post
The previous Wee panniers were "L" shaped are they no longer available for the 2012 Wee? What are the capacities of these bags? Can you post any pics without the bags mounted. How much will these run?

thanks, Steve
Hi Steve,
You will have the option of all of the Odyssey II and Safari II bags fitting the 2012 mounts. As soon as we can we will get pictures up on the website of the various bags on the 2012 V Strom.
Jesse Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #113
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
Luggage Dude, can I assume the 8" Safaris are still being made? I am looking to go as skinny as possible. GH
Yo GH- 8" on the Odysseys and 9" on the Safaris.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #114
GH41
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Yo GH- 8" on the Odysseys and 9" on the Safaris.
Which one is narrower and by how much? Thanks, GH
GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #115
stevepsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 226
I also had great service from Alycia. I called a week-ago Friday (did not know that Jesse Luggage was closed on Friday), and much to my surprise Alycia answered the phone and took my order for Odyssey II's for my Super Tenere. She called my back on the following Monday saying the bags packed and ready for shipment. They arrived last Wednesday! She knew all about the 'Because Chris Says' free shipping.

Yes, the web site is a bit of a disaster (ok, a bit bigger disaster than that), but I was able to find installation instructions on Ricks Xplorermoto site (Rick is also running a close-out special on his own Jesse Bag-Liners - very, very nice btw) since there were no instructions with the bags or the mounts or anywhere on the Jesse website.

Oh, how many keys do you normally get with new bags?
Old 04-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #116
Flying Dave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Hey Oz- We are working on her education. Make sure to use the free shipping code on your top case order. Everyone please feel free to email me direct at dealers@jesseluggage.com and if it would be helpful to talk on the phone PM me your phone number and the best time to call. I like talking to our customers

Email sent.
Flying Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #117
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
Which one is narrower and by how much? Thanks, GH
The 8" Odyssey is narrower by 1" per side.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #118
GSteve
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,267
Any progress on the R100 GSPD cases?
Old 04-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #119
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSteve View Post
Any progress on the R100 GSPD cases?

Everything is at the powder coater. Send an email to al@jesseluggage.com and he will add you o the ever growing list and send you pictures.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #120
Flying Dave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
Ordered all three bags and the quick release rear rack today for the triumph.

And I have not even bought the bike yet....
Flying Dave is offline   Reply With Quote