Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #166
390beretta OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Aren't you glad there's someone like me watching your every word?
390beretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:42 AM   #167
Sapper33
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Can anyone here offer some comparison between the American Draggin branded jeans, and the Oz Draggin branded jeans (Draggin in Canada, Drayko in the US)? I've contacted both companies and apart from both claiming to be the "original", and that they have no affiliation with each other, didn't get anything useful.

I've got a pair of the Oz jeans with liners, and find them incredibly comfortable, feels like I'm wearing gym shorts, and really helps keep the heat down. However the Oz made jeans are 2-3x the price of the US ones.
Sapper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #168
byron555
Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,005
more than a smidge warm.... of course I rarely get cold

I have these and they are great... below 70F. Above 90, absolutely forget it. I could probably wear these down to 40 and not have a problem... The knit with kevlar seems to make them very warm. I must disclose though I live in WI and have ridden to work in 31F (stupidest thing ever, it got up 65F for my ride home.. used my thin gloves to grab the header in a parking lot to warm my hands) I DON'T LIKE HOT WEATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse View Post
I've got the sliders 4.0 myself, I bought them because they're the only ones that come in my size (36x36) and have pockets for knee armor. I wear them with 3DO armor, very comfortable.

The cut of the Slider jeans could be much better though. As far as cut and fit, AGV jeans/cargo pants are my favorite. Too bad they don't come with pockets for knee armor.

Oil changed @ 14300... filter next
byron555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #169
daveinva
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 498
I'll second the endorsement of the AGV cargo pants, they're awesome. Fortunately for me but unfortunate for the pants I lost weight so I couldn't fit into mine anymore, but I think I'll pick up another pair this fall.

FYI, as stated above, they're NOT summer pants-- anything above 80, 85 would be murder in them. But they're very comfortable pretty far down the line in temperatures-- I wore them under overpants in early winter, stayed warm enough-- may just be me but the kevlar lining feels nicer/softer against my skin then the ones in my Draggin' Jeans.

As for being baggy, they're a little baggy, but they look "good baggy" (unlike the Draggin' Jeans-- although I'm a fan of them, I think they make me look like I'm wearing a loaded diaper ).
daveinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #170
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Thread resurrection!

Ill make a few comments about this topic, feel free to discuss.

Over a year ago, my father (fellow rider and a man now retiring from the garment industry) and I sat down and discussed as riders, what would make a good protective garment in the denim space. The typical things you guys discussed popped up in our conversation, we want protection, aesthetics, comfort, and durability without looking like you're going to carpentry class or auditioning for an 80's music video. So to keep things short, we came up with our own protective jeans which are launching next month.

That totally sounded like an ad, but feel free to ask away. I know the folks on this site are big critics (and so am I) but we took a lot of things into account from several forums, fellow riders, ourselves, and did a lot of testing while taking into account the current market offerings. We tapped into his lifetime connections (textiles, manufacturers, designers, etc..) and the end result has been excellent.

We are finalizing everything in the next few weeks, so stay tuned. In the meantime, we are so close to our launch date, and this being one of my favorite forums I feel like I could share a bit of information on our product. Website is in the works and so are the photo's etc... so that you guys might have to wait a little bit on. And of course, ADV discount will be in the works, but I don't want to get booted from here for advertising so ill keep it short.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #171
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domiken View Post
we came up with our own protective jeans which are launching next month.

That totally sounded like an ad, but feel free to ask away.
I look forward to seeing the product. Start a THREAD Down in Vendors

http://advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18
Old 03-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #172
Mr_Gone
Innocent Culprit

Oddometer: 3,639
What's wrong with 80s music videos?

Seriously, I'll keep a lookout for your product, here and (as DAKEZ suggested) in the vendors section.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #173
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
I look forward to seeing the product. Start a THREAD Down in Vendors

http://advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18
Will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
What's wrong with 80s music videos?

Seriously, I'll keep a lookout for your product, here and (as DAKEZ suggested) in the vendors section.
They are quite interesting

Ill post our thread in the vendors section once it is ready.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #174
Juan1
n00b

Oddometer: 4
For those that say that Kevlar doesn't have much abrasion resistance, keep in mind that no one uses pure Kevlar in the reinforced areas.

Shift Lodown jeans with Kevlar kept my skin safe in a 40 mph lowside...at least in the reinforced areas. I did have a 1" by 2" area of light rash on my hip (not enough to require scrubbing) where only denim was present.
Juan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:59 AM   #175
dwestly
Refuses to Grow Up!

Oddometer: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
.... Am I protected from serious get-offs? Nope. That's an assumed risk. If I plan on doing especially spirited riding or all-weather touring, I'll swap out the jeans for my mesh of my full-up overpants. But the Kevlar jeans are a happy medium for a lazy Sunday ride.

Better than shorts and flip-flops, that's for sure.

Cool. Obviously then you've learned to predict how, when, where and how bad the crash is going to be. I've been riding over 40 years and still haven't figured out how to do that...
dwestly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #176
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 1,959
Just found this thread...

I have two types of kevlar jeans. Some Cortechs that I picked up on clearance. These things are HEAVY, and by that I mean WARM. The lower legs zip off into shorts, which is kinda WTF, since they're so WARM. But they're great for cooler days when jeans alone won't cut it.

Then I have AGV Sport kevlar jeans, which I really like. They're one of the few that come in black, and they fit very well. Sadly however, two of my three pairs appear to have shrunk and don't fit anymore. Only one does now. I need to email AGV and see if they might want to do something about it. But they've held up well, though I've had no incidents with any of them. For non-commute rides, I wear regular armored pants over top of either these or regular jeans.

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
'01 Yamaha FZ1
Rob.G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #177
Veteran Noob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.G View Post
Sadly however, two of my three pairs appear to have shrunk and don't fit anymore
Geez, that's happened to just about every pair of pants I've had in the last ten years. At least I keep telling my self they're shrinking.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #178
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran Noob View Post
Geez, that's happened to just about every pair of pants I've had in the last ten years. At least I keep telling my self they're shrinking.
If it was all three pairs, I'd know shrinkage wasn't the issue. But all three are identical in size (34/30), and one pair still fits... so I have to suspect shrinkage.

Rob
'01 Yamaha FZ1
Old 04-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #179
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.G View Post
If it was all three pairs, I'd know shrinkage wasn't the issue. But all three are identical in size (34/30), and one pair still fits... so I have to suspect shrinkage.

Rob
Did you buy all three pair at the same time? I ask because I have two pair of Levis that are the same size but bought a few months apart. The first pair have always been tight. The second pair fit fine.

Could be a quality control issue, or maybe just slight variations in manufacturing coupled with unknown variables in after purchase use/abuse

Just a thought.
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #180
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
Did you buy all three pair at the same time? I ask because I have two pair of Levis that are the same size but bought a few months apart. The first pair have always been tight. The second pair fit fine.

Could be a quality control issue, or maybe just slight variations in manufacturing coupled with unknown variables in after purchase use/abuse

Just a thought.
Yep, all three at the same time from MotorcycleGear.com. On sale. :)

Rob
'01 Yamaha FZ1