Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2012, 05:08 AM   #106
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSBEERHUNTER View Post
On my 1150gs with a medium ztech. screen my vent rattles. Maybe it is because of the bike and or wind shield but it rattles. My Shoei on the same bike does not rattle the top vent.
I've got four bikes now and the C3 rattles on none of them. I reckon you got a lemon.
twinrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #107
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,656
OK... I have owned both and with my current ride and screen setup the C3 is/was the quieter helmet. The C3 just never fit my longish head right so I sold it and got the Neotech. I like it but like everyone else has said, it fogs way to easily so I applied smoe Fogtech DX treatment and that seems to work just fine. I do get one pressure spot on the side of my forehead but did not get headaches like with the C3. Not sure how Shoei will correct the front vent problem but I'll call the guys at Revzilla and TT them as that is where I got it and see what they have come up with for a modification. I read they had something to alter the vent and since it was on the Internet, I know it's true.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #108
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 8,997
Winter fix?

....just a note, if you look under the liner you'll see there are two tapered holes coming down from the top vent, one on either side. They are easily plugged with a small(er) rubber plug available at most hardware stores.

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #109
TSD
Adventurer Wannabe

Oddometer: 83
Schuberth C-3 Replacement Liner

For those dealing with the "Mark of Schuberth" , talked to a Schuberth rep yesterday and he indicated that a completely new liner will be available for the C-3 with less padding in the rear, resulting in less pressure on the front. Will fit all C-3s. Should be available in about 2-3 months.
2012 Sertao
TSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:52 AM   #110
KSBEERHUNTER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
I've got four bikes now and the C3 rattles on none of them. I reckon you got a lemon.
Well I was at the dealer the other day and tapped on the top vent of a new C3 and it is loose enough to hear the vent smaking the top of the helmet just like mine. The vent is loose enough to rattle. Just because mine does and yours does not doesn't mean mine does not. The height of and riding position of the rider and the height of the windshield surely make a difference. I am not afraid of admitting that I bought the most expensive helmet out there and it is not perfect and is way over priced for what I feel I received in return. I gorilla glued the outer edges of the vent to the helmet and now it is quiet with ear plugs in. The black slider part which opens and closes the vent is not the problem and continues to function. I ride with ear plugs in always and couldn't detect the difference in quietness between my Shoei and Shuberth anyway. The difference in price between the two is greater however than the price of foam ear plugs and the Shoei is way more comfortable for me.
KSBEERHUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:57 AM   #111
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSBEERHUNTER View Post
Well I was at the dealer the other day and tapped on the top vent of a new C3 and it is loose enough to hear the vent smaking the top of the helmet just like mine. The vent is loose enough to rattle. Just because mine does and yours does not doesn't mean mine does not. The height of and riding position of the rider and the height of the windshield surely make a difference. I am not afraid of admitting that I bought the most expensive helmet out there and it is not perfect and is way over priced for what I feel I received in return. I gorilla glued the outer edges of the vent to the helmet and now it is quiet with ear plugs in. The black slider part which opens and closes the vent is not the problem and continues to function. I ride with ear plugs in always and couldn't detect the difference in quietness between my Shoei and Shuberth anyway. The difference in price between the two is greater however than the price of foam ear plugs and the Shoei is way more comfortable for me.
Doesn't your Schuberth have a warranty? The ones here in Japan come with a 3-year warranty. I sent my old C2 back because of a rusty buckle and they sent me a brand new helmet. I definitely wouldn't put up with a defective vent.

No doubt that different brand helmets fit different heads better.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:50 AM   #112
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Mine's done it since I got the helmet, checked and rechecked the installation to make sure it's correct and it still fogged up...
maybe take it to a good local dealer that has a knowledgeable helmet employee or call the rep.

I've used pinlocks for years riding and racing and it's really the ONLY system i've used that never fogs up. if there's a way to get condensation behind the pinlock then it's been put in incorrectly. there shouldn't be any way for anything to get behind the pinlock because of the seal around the edges. if it's not lined up correctly (too high or too low) then it wont' seal all the way around and you can get some condensation but it's not put on correctly..

I've used the new pinlocks (much better coverage) and the old ones. some going on 6 or 7 years old and they all work with no problems.
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #113
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Thumb

I returned last week from a seven day trip to New Mexico with quite a few 500+ mile days. Horrendous winds coming back west the last two.
I happy to report the Neotec was pretty much flawless as a helmet can be outside of the top vent which I had plugged. Glad I had it.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #114
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,131
Rapid;
How did you plug the top vent?

Cheers
Old 04-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #115
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Wink

I had rubber plugs in the inside vent holes but decided on my trip whe n I hit hot weather to pull them.
Later on when I hit the cold climate I improvised...Kleenex brand did the trick...

Old 04-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #116
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
I had rubber plugs in the inside vent holes but decided on my trip whe n I hit hot weather to pull them.
Later on when I hit the cold climate I improvised...Kleenex brand did the trick...

A whole roll?
Old 04-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #117
schaffer40
I look lived in.....

Oddometer: 378
Tried on the Neo today and am now trying to figure out what to sell to fund it....anyone want to buy a Hornet DS?? Man that thing is comfortable.

Punk Rock Changed My Life- The Minutemen
schaffer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:44 PM   #118
Voidrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 992
I had the opportunity to try on both the Shoei Neotec and the Schuberth C3 this last Saturday.

I seem to have a "Shoei head" and use a small sized helmet.

The Neotec fit as well as my old XTec, my current X-Eleven, and my Hornet. The Schuberth I tried just wasn't a good fit. Even the fellow in the shop said it looked like it was perching on my head far too high. I definitely didn't like how much of my jaw and chin were below the base of the helmet.

Both seemed to have excellent features and build quality. I think it just boils down to trying both on and seeing which one fits you the best.
Voidrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:41 AM   #119
mikemaycga
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
I tried both. My head needs a size large and the difference between the 2 models size large shell is significant.

The C2 shell is way smaller than the Neotec so the distance between chin, lips and nose was way too small. While I didn't get the Schuberth marks, there was a hint of pressure. Switching to the XL size, the helmet was clearly too large, so no matter what, they didn't have a size that fit my melon.

The Neotec fit just right. Compared to my older Shoei full face, the Neotec feels less tight, which actually makes it more comfortable. I get the feeling that I'd rather be wearing the full face in a severe fall, but I bought the Neotec for ease of use. First impressions are WOW - is that helmet comfortable. I certainly don't regret that purchase.
mikemaycga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:44 AM   #120
twinrider
pass the catnip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyR View Post
maybe take it to a good local dealer that has a knowledgeable helmet employee or call the rep.

I've used pinlocks for years riding and racing and it's really the ONLY system i've used that never fogs up. if there's a way to get condensation behind the pinlock then it's been put in incorrectly. there shouldn't be any way for anything to get behind the pinlock because of the seal around the edges. if it's not lined up correctly (too high or too low) then it wont' seal all the way around and you can get some condensation but it's not put on correctly..

I've used the new pinlocks (much better coverage) and the old ones. some going on 6 or 7 years old and they all work with no problems.
Thanks for the advice, I'll inspect it closely and give it another shot.