Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Africa & Mid East
User Name
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-19-2014, 06:59 AM   #1
jestragon OP
Gnarly Adventurer
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Until recently W-Africa, temp. Leipzig Germany
Oddometer: 203
Carnet/other docs for motorbike registered in Africa heading to Europe

Something I haven't quite been able to figure out, hopefully someone more knowledgeable can school me!

When I left Guinea Bissau last month, I left my '88 aprilia Tuareg (sweet 560cc Rotax) in safe storage. I have a residence permit until April 2015 and when I bought the bike a couple of years ago, my plan was always to ride it "back" to Europe (and then possibly deregister/sell it to some French farmer, it if was too battered, or import it and keep it)

The bike is registered in GBissau and I have all the local documents. So please, someone school me, I'm still going to need a carnet de passage I guess? But that's not something I can get in GBissau as far as I know. My buddy -who might ship his bike to there and ride back with me- was telling me a carnet would cost 7000 euros, which is about 15 times the value of the bike?! What else would I need to ride a bike "back"?

As usual I fall outside of the normal categories for things, which in this case is a Euro-registered bike being ridden *to* Africa.

Cheers all!
jestragon is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014