Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
koncha

Oddometer: 10,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWheel View Post
Hey - we've got one for a mediocre team in the AFC West, might as well have one for a mediocre team in the NFC East.

League parity and all.
Hell, I don't care which thread is talking NFL. I'll hijack this one too.

I think the changes McKenzie is making in Oakland are fantastic. He is getting rid of some talented players but not talented enough at the pay they are receiving. I think he'll bring in some financial sanity and hopefully add some good talent review processes. It will take 2 years to clear out the salary cap issues but it will happen. Rumor is the Raiders have been losing money for years. Al was selling off shares of the team to finance the loss in operations. I doubt that continues. I also don't think it is just a product of a shitty stadium. Teams love a winner. That hasn't been the Raiders recently. I also think the largely blue collar fan base has been hard hit by the recession.

Raiders are turning into perennials.
koncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #17
CHECK_OIL OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by koncha View Post
Hell, I don't care which thread is talking NFL. I'll hijack this one too.

I think the changes McKenzie is making in Oakland are fantastic. He is getting rid of some talented players but not talented enough at the pay they are receiving. I think he'll bring in some financial sanity and hopefully add some good talent review processes. It will take 2 years to clear out the salary cap issues but it will happen. Rumor is the Raiders have been losing money for years. Al was selling off shares of the team to finance the loss in operations. I doubt that continues. I also don't think it is just a product of a shitty stadium. Teams love a winner. That hasn't been the Raiders recently. I also think the largely blue collar fan base has been hard hit by the recession.

Raiders are turning into perennials.

Afc West is wide open....A few changes to any of those teams gives you a shot at the division....

Good luck trading Campbell...

This shot from my personal pics should make any man smile!

CHECK_OIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #18
koncha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECK_OIL View Post
Good luck trading Campbell...
Campbell only had a contract through the 2011 season. He is an unrestricted free agent with no salary cap implications for the Raiders.

The AFC West is pretty wide open. I think the Chiefs are actually the team to worry about in the division. I wouldn't trust a John Fox or Norv Turner coached team. If the Raiders can be competitive with the dysfunction, what will they be like without it?

If the end of the season was any indicator, teams figured out how to defend against Tebow. He is different and it took time. However, if the offensive line for the Bronchokes can get better at protecting him in the run/option, they could be tough. Also, Tim needs to realize you can't take 18 seconds to get the ball out of your hand when passing: slowest.delivery.ever.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #19
CHECK_OIL OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Campbell only had a contract through the 2011 season. He is an unrestricted free agent with no salary cap implications for the Raiders.

Classy guy, says all the right things......Clippboard is in his near future...

slowest.delivery.ever.
He is going to get drilled sonner or later....
Old 02-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #20
Motocox
We will call him Thunder!

Oddometer: 862
About time...

... a 3-Time SuperBowl champion has it's own thread.

Motocox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #21
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 10,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterWheel View Post
Hey - we've got one for a mediocre team in the AFC West, might as well have one for a mediocre team in the NFC East.

League parity and all.
I didn't know the Raiders had a thread here.

Quote:
I think the changes McKenzie is making in Oakland are fantastic.
Won't take much to look like a hero there.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #22
koncha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
I didn't know the Raiders had a thread here.
Raidernation is omnipresent.

Quote:
Won't take much to look like a hero there.
Here is what most other fans don't understand with the Raiders and Al (PBUH): when Al was the GM, the fans didn't worry about him using the position as an audition for another job with a different team. Al was the Raiders. While other teams hired mercenary management teams that represent the worst in corporate America, Raiders fans always knew that their GM was always about the Raiders. There was never a thought of turning the GM position into a president position with another team.

When other fans see their GM and owners, they are wearing a business suit. Not Al. He was right there in Raiders team gear. Subtle difference but there it is: the other guys are businessmen first and fans second. Not Al. Was that always for the best of the team? Probably not but I like it.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #23
CHECK_OIL OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Laugh Here we go!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-washington/

Old 02-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #24
CHECK_OIL OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Cry John Beck Still Confident He Can Be the Guy

http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/2/13/2...can-be-the-guy

Great guy.....just not a great QB.........
Old 02-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #25
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 10,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECK_OIL View Post
http://www.hogshaven.com/2012/2/13/2...can-be-the-guy

Great guy.....just not a great QB.........
A few butterbeers and a little help from Hermione and he can be.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:35 AM   #26
CHECK_OIL OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Redskins likely to pass on Flynn at QB

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sports...lynn-qb/270836
Old 02-15-2012, 07:05 AM   #27
CHECK_OIL OP
Gnarly Adventurer

NFL draft: Redskins’ best QB option could be Texas A&M’s Ryan Tannehill

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...FXDR_blog.html
Old 02-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #28
pilot
Slacker Moderator

Oddometer: 31,276
Quote:

The AFC West is pretty wide open. I think the Chiefs are actually the team to worry about in the division.
I agree. I think they would have had the division if not for the injuries this season. Without Jamal Charles, the offense was pretty anemic. He makes the offense. The defense stood up without Berry, but there were a couple games that he probably would have made a big difference. We were down to the third string safety for a couple games. I don't know if there is anyone slower in the NFL than Sabby Piscatelli.

I first had sex at the age of 13. However, my butt hurt so bad I never did it again.
- Mista Vern
pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #29
CHECK_OIL OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Had to look him up

[QUOTE I don't know if there is anyone slower in the NFL than Sabby Piscatelli.[/QUOTE]

Sabby Piscitelli

Position - Free Safety
Height - 6'3
Weight - 224
Born - 1983
Number - 42
College -
Oregon State
Sabby Piscitelli was drafted in the 2nd round of the 2007 NFL Draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after putting up impressive stats at the NFL Combine including running a 4.44 second 40 yard dash. Piscitelli broke his foot after just 3 games in the NFL and was placed on injured reserve for the rest of the season. He was dealt to the Cleveland Browns, and then the very next year to the Kansas City Chiefs.

Referred to as the "Jersey Shore meets the NFL", Piscitelli is known more for his looks than his performance on the field.

He has had a unique chance to gain playing time in the 2011 season with the untimely injury of starting star safety Eric Berry

Old 02-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #30
CHECK_OIL OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Former Redskins QB Rypien Says Washington Should Go After Peyton Manning

Former Redskins QB Mark Rypien is speaking about about the Redskins situation, and he says that the team should by all means go after Colts QB Peyton Manning, that is if he’s made available by the Colts.
“This is a different bird here,” Rypien said on ESPN 980 in Washington, according to Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post. “Now, the one thing that I would say is, if he’s healthy. That’s the one piece of this puzzle that would be a little bit alarming is his health and that neck injury that he had.
“And if that’s OK and he’s OK, there’s no reason at all that you would not bring [in] that guy, unless we as Redskins fans don’t want to go back to Super Bowls. I mean, [unless] we got kind of bored with going to Super Bowls and we don’t care anymore about going back to Super Bowls so we’ll just kind of stay where we’re at — unless we’re there — then this guy is the real deal. His brother had a great Super Bowl and is an amazing player; [but] this guy takes it to a different level. Eli makes some physical plays that are amazing, but Peyton’s gonna put you in positions and do things on a football field that’s gonna make you win. That’s just the facts.
“That’s my personal opinion. I know the guy, I know his physical abilities, but more importantly I think he’s got a mental outlook on this game that none other [players] that I’ve seen have. He definitely would be someone I would consider highly to [lead] the Redskins, if that’s the direction they’re going.”
If the Skins decide not to go after Manning, many feel they will go after Robert Griffith III in the upcoming April NFL Draft. There’s always the option of Matt Flynn, the Packers QB who will be hitting the free agent market in March as well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: