Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #91
Motoman_AZ
Long time lurker....

Oddometer: 43
Finally got through the whole report! FANTASTIC guys! Wow! Nice job on all the camping too! I too have a love affair with Baja! Someday I'll get my trip done!

Thank you for taking the time to put the RR together!
Motoman_AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #92
donnh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Dozer - thanks for taking the time putting together the ride report. Deby and I spent last night next to each other with our laptops and a bottle of wine reading the whole thing in one sitting. Can't think of a better way to spend a winter evening It was really fun seeing some of the same places we visited and the places we missed. I'm sure another trip is in order for us.

The timing was perfect for us to ride north with Johnny, we were pretty much in "return" mode since I had a deadline to get back and Johnny was quite content to follow behind Deby and I for the two day ride. It turned out we both had our trucks parked in the same storage area so zero navigation was required on his part. He wouldn't admit it but I could tell he was holding in some pain. Glad he's doing better.

I made sure he got a little wine in him at Santo Tomas

Here's the pic of you at del Sol - still looking pretty clean

Deby loved the bird pictures and wants to know what kind of camera you used.
If anyone want's to read about the last two days riding north with Johnny check out my Baja report link and scroll to the last few pages.
donnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #93
Tadao
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Wow!!!

Damn Rich that was an impressive ride, and an impressive ride report as well. Would you mind if I shared this with Jason, I'm not sure where he is with his magazine, but regardless I am sure he would at the very least enjoy reading it.

Thanks for sharing it,
Todd

Tadao screwed with this post 02-28-2012 at 01:14 PM
Tadao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #94
CO/WV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Thanks for taking the time to do a RR we are headed down in November 2 1200gs and one 990.... with a new wheel set from woodys. looking forward to seeing how we handle our pigs for 2 weeks
CO/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #95
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,232
Awesome trip! I did some of the same route by myself a couple years ago. You're lucky to have somebody to do these kinds of trip with. Saludos, Jim
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #96
Bgunn
Mucha distancia

Oddometer: 1,316
Bumped into Rich and gang in San Ignacio last week. The "Big Pigs" were replaced with smaller bikes. Sounds like they were hitting some good single track.

Another ride report ??
Bgunn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #97
akaDigger
Amateur Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
I saw this thread and recognized some of the riders. We had crossed paths in Loreto, BCS last winter.
While enjoying this old thread I spotted a photo of myself tending to my Triumph 800XC.

akaDigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #98
akaDigger
Amateur Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
We were riding way too fast in the rocks causing Quin's front rim to get destroyed! Dont buy a sun rim!! I put an excel on and had no troubles. here we are beating the dog piss out of Quin's rim

As I recall at least three of the bikes had squared front rims by the time they arrived in Loreto.
akaDigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #99
rnrdozer OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggerled View Post
We were riding way too fast in the rocks causing Quin's front rim to get destroyed! Dont buy a sun rim!! I put an excel on and had no troubles. here we are beating the dog piss out of Quin's rim

As I recall at least three of the bikes had squared front rims by the time they arrived in Loreto.
Diggerled, I remember you guys! I was hoping to meet up with a few ADVers in Loreto this year but it was a small group. did you guys make it down this year?