ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Alaska
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #16
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere
 
Two Moto Kiwis's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Wanaka, New Zealand, Currently RTWing
Oddometer: 3,637
Justin, Ellen and I will be faffing around in Alaska a month or so prior to D2D then we head up to Inuvik after D2D, we will drop in and say hi anyway when we pass through Fairbanks.

Be warned we are only on two skunky DR650's ... so we might park down the street a bit
__________________
Andi (oveja negra) & Ellen (chica amarilla)...Two Moto Kiwi Grüvers .....riding Maya somewhere ..Una Chimba
Two Moto Kiwis Home Page ..Danger Is Real ... Fear Is Optional
For More Of Two Moto Kiwis Photos
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #17
Shatford
n00b
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: In the mountains of the Okanagan Valley
Oddometer: 6
Wicked

I've got it on my calendar and will be there. Should be a good way to end D2D for this year.
Yippeeee.
Shatford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #18
TheSeeker OP
Slingin' Steel
 
TheSeeker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: The Last Frontier, Fairbanks, Alaska
Oddometer: 198
Thumb Great! Great! Great!

Now if we could just get this darn snow to start melting, we could get out and get riding!!

It is excellent to hear the response from you all. I'm looking forward to a great group here. I will continue to post as the event progresses and gets closer.

Thanks to all you Fairbanks folks for the support and offers of help as well.

Cheers.
-Justin
TheSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #19
Fighter
Head Gruver
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Alaska
Oddometer: 4,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeker View Post
Now if we could just get this darn snow to start melting, we could get out and get riding!!

It is excellent to hear the response from you all. I'm looking forward to a great group here. I will continue to post as the event progresses and gets closer.

Thanks to all you Fairbanks folks for the support and offers of help as well.

Cheers.
-Justin
__________________
Go long... go fast... take no prisoners.
Ride hard or stay home!
Team Pterodactyl Northern Command
Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #20
The Dick
CFDVN/BRICK
 
The Dick's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Dawson City
Oddometer: 414
I have been looking for a good reason to go to SquareBanks, do dey let us Canuckle Heads into dat town?

Y'all goin to have a little red wine with the BBQ?

Shit, that is Chicken Shit, chicken BBQ in Chicken with Susan and a big ass BBQ the next day, I think I am in!

Yes the snow will go and we will ride again goddammit!
__________________
The Dick
Team Pterodactyl Canadian HQ
N64 03.268' W139 26.214'
The Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #21
friar mike
IronButtGruver
 
friar mike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Wasilla Alaska
Oddometer: 4,909
well Dick You may need a wingman so I may in that is if Iam not in the middle of fix-in some poor bustards ride.
__________________
We,re on a mission from God. "blues brothers"
Don't go up there someone's going to die. "Walter"
A world without string is chaos
Good-Bad-Iam the guy with the gun "evil dead"
God's speed Rommel run free my dog
friar mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:49 PM   #22
HayDuchessLives
Loquita
 
HayDuchessLives's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Anchorage
Oddometer: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Justin, Ellen and I will be faffing around in Alaska a month or so prior to D2D then we head up to Inuvik after D2D, we will drop in and say hi anyway when we pass through Fairbanks.

Be warned we are only on two skunky DR650's ... so we might park down the street a bit
OMG - what blasphemy! I've never seen any skunky DR650s. I didn't even think they made any skunky DRs. The ones I've seen are all stylish and good-looking; the type of bike you see and fall in love with right off the bat! At least that's what happened in my case.

And if you park down the street, you'll only enhance the neighbor's property value, instead of Justin's, so I'm sure he'd be proud to have your DRs park close by. FYI - if you stay in the dorms in Fairbanks - I was told there is reserved parking especially for DRs, near the dumpster. A couple geezers have referred to my lovely DR as a Dumpster Reject, so I guess that's why I was supposed to park by the dumpster.

If you get down to Anchorage, let me know. My DR and I would feel privileged to ride with you two. You seem to have good sense of humors - and outstanding taste in motorcycles!
__________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks," John Muir.
2007 Suzuki DR650 (Loquita) & 2009 Suzuki DR650 (Soquili)
Fun Denali Hwy RR: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622201; Awesome Nome RR:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808795
HayDuchessLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #23
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere
 
Two Moto Kiwis's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Wanaka, New Zealand, Currently RTWing
Oddometer: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayDuchessLives View Post
OMG - what blasphemy! I've never seen any skunky DR650s. I didn't even think they made any skunky DRs. The ones I've seen are all stylish and good-looking; the type of bike you see and fall in love with right off the bat! At least that's what happened in my case.

And if you park down the street, you'll only enhance the neighbor's property value, instead of Justin's, so I'm sure he'd be proud to have your DRs park close by. FYI - if you stay in the dorms in Fairbanks - I was told there is reserved parking especially for DRs, near the dumpster. A couple geezers have referred to my lovely DR as a Dumpster Reject, so I guess that's why I was supposed to park by the dumpster.

If you get down to Anchorage, let me know. My DR and I would feel privileged to ride with you two. You seem to have good sense of humors - and outstanding taste in motorcycles!
We are starting in Anchorage to assemble it all then kicking off from there.

My outstanding tastefully appointed designa yello DR is staying home here in NZ and we get to newies one white one and one grey one....flash as Michael Jackson was ... gezz I hope you fullas and fullesses don't think we are just mid life crisis riders

....and "Park Down The Street" was code for we are not gonna show up the bemers

So in a bold move the Kiwis will now rock up to the front door like we own the place .... just gotta find it now.
__________________
Andi (oveja negra) & Ellen (chica amarilla)...Two Moto Kiwi Grüvers .....riding Maya somewhere ..Una Chimba
Two Moto Kiwis Home Page ..Danger Is Real ... Fear Is Optional
For More Of Two Moto Kiwis Photos
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #24
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer
 
Drunk_Uncle's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: El Mirage
Oddometer: 2,111
Two kiwis, are you doing D2D? I am trying to get the time to do D2D. If not will just ride up to Fairbanks on Sunday morning for the BBQ. Can help you find it. I'll be on my Tiger 955i.
__________________
"I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death"
'13 Tiger 800XC, '13 KLR 650, and a 2010 Honda NT700V for the wife.
Drunk_Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #25
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere
 
Two Moto Kiwis's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Wanaka, New Zealand, Currently RTWing
Oddometer: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
Two kiwis, are you doing D2D? I am trying to get the time to do D2D. If not will just ride up to Fairbanks on Sunday morning for the BBQ. Can help you find it. I'll be on my Tiger 955i.
Yeap, we start in Anchorage on May 3rd, so we are definites for the D2D and we have booked a half site with some other inmates to halve the costs, we travel up to Inuvik after D2D then start heading south all the way to the bottom of SA.
__________________
Andi (oveja negra) & Ellen (chica amarilla)...Two Moto Kiwi Grüvers .....riding Maya somewhere ..Una Chimba
Two Moto Kiwis Home Page ..Danger Is Real ... Fear Is Optional
For More Of Two Moto Kiwis Photos
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #26
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer
 
Drunk_Uncle's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: El Mirage
Oddometer: 2,111
Well ya'll are going to get to Anchorage about a week before me. I am scheduled to arrive 09 May and have to sign into my new unit at 10 May. Hopefully see you along the way.
__________________
"I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death"
'13 Tiger 800XC, '13 KLR 650, and a 2010 Honda NT700V for the wife.
Drunk_Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #27
TheSeeker OP
Slingin' Steel
 
TheSeeker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: The Last Frontier, Fairbanks, Alaska
Oddometer: 198
Laugh Trail's End... BMW.

[QUOTE=

....and "Park Down The Street" was code for we are not gonna show up the bemers

So in a bold move the Kiwis will now rock up to the front door like we own the place .... just gotta find it now.[/QUOTE]


We'll have reserved parking for DR's too. Just like the DR parking at UAF!

Hopefully this will help you all find us...



Cheers! -Justin
trailsendbmw@gmail.com
TheSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #28
KHuddy
Big Sky Country
 
KHuddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Pterodactyl Outpost
Oddometer: 2,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeker View Post
We'll have reserved parking for DR's too.
Can you afford the dumpsters?
__________________
Kevin
KHuddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #29
TheSeeker OP
Slingin' Steel
 
TheSeeker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: The Last Frontier, Fairbanks, Alaska
Oddometer: 198
Laugh Funny you should ask...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKBeemer View Post
Can you afford the dumpsters?

Actually we still haul our own trash in a 20' enclosed CargoMate snowmobile trailer!

Guess we'll have to figure something else out for the DR's.
TheSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #30
KHuddy
Big Sky Country
 
KHuddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Pterodactyl Outpost
Oddometer: 2,738
20 feet long, 6 feet wide, 6 feet tall = 10 DRs per load to the dump. Good work!!!
__________________
Kevin
KHuddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014