ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #16
tod701 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 874
SB5366 is now before the House Rules Committee.

Send them a simple message.

SB5366 is significantly different that what was passed by the Senate, please send it back to the Senate.

Their email addresses:

Frank.chopp@leg.wa.gov
Richard.debolt@leg.wa.gov
Jan.angel@leg.wa.gov
Mike.armstrong@leg.wa.gov
Cathy.dalhquist@leg.wa.gov
Deborah.eddy@leg.wa.gov
Roger.goodman@leg.wa.gov
Tami.green@leg.wa.gov
Bob.hasegawa@leg.wa.gov
Norm.johnson@leg.wa.gov
Troy.kelley@leg.wa.gov
Joel.kretz@leg.wa.gov
Marcie.maxwell@leg.wa.gov
Jim.moeller@leg.wa.gov
Tina.orwall@leg.wa.gov
Eric.pettigrew@leg.wa.gov
Tim.probst@leg.wa.gov
Ann.rivers@leg.wa.gov
Cindy.ryu@leg.wa.gov
Joe.schmick@leg.wa.gov
Shelly.short@leg.wa.gov
Larry.springer@leg.wa.gov
Pat.sullivan@leg.wa.gov
Kevin.vandewege@leg.wa.gov
Judy.warnick@leg.wa.gov
Old 02-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #17
yondering
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,100
Email sent. Thanks for the updates Tod. This one could be a big deal.
yondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #18
HydroDog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Sent an E-mail off to both to both my Representatives and Senater.
I also listend to the testimony before the transportation committee that was posted over on Thumper Talk. You know when your being hosed when your anti-offroad enemies line up to say this is a great bill.
99 KTM 640e
HydroDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:44 AM   #19
tod701 OP
Studly Adventurer

Here is one of the liars that we are up against:

++++++

Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:27 AM
To: Ted Jackson; Rep Matt Shea (
matt.shea@leg.wa.gov)
Cc: Rep Dave Upthegrove (
dave.upthegrove@leg.wa.gov); Rep Mike Armstrong (mike.armstrong@leg.wa.gov); Rep. Dan Kristiansen (dan.kristiansen@leg.wa.gov); Rep Jan Angle (jan.angel@leg.wa.gov); Rep Eric Pettigrew (eric.pettigrew@leg.wa.gov); Rep Ciny Ryu (cindy.ryu@leg.wa.gov); Rep Van De Wege, Keven (kevin.vandewege@leg.wa.gov); Rep Judy Warnick (judy.warnick@leg.wa.gov); Rep Katrina Assay (katrina.asay@leg.wa.gov); Rep. Mark Miloscia (mark.miloscia@leg.wa.gov); Sen Tracey Eide (tracey.eide@leg.wa.gov); Delvin, Sen. Jerome; Sen Randy Becker (randi.becker@leg.wa.gov); Mayor Carolyn Eslick (Carolyn.Eslick@ci.sultan.wa.us); Lieutenant Brand, Jeffrey (Jeff.Brand@co.snohomish.wa.us); Linda Driscoll
Subject: RE: 5366 Striker Recomendations - Pro

To all,

As you can see WOHVA (primarily 5 people) does not always represent the truth and their “narcissistic” approach is keeping Other Washington Citizens from realizing responsible access, ORV dealersfrom sales & service, and depriving WA rural towns and small cities from incorporating ORV tourism in their Economic Strategic Plans.

Linda, owner of Monroe Premier Polaris (below) is a voting member of WOHVA and was not asked or given the opportunity to express a view in this CLOUT Alert directive based in disinformation.

Please open the way for us to implement the benefits of this recreation sport and supportthe passage of this legislation,

Ted Jackson

"Port-to-Pass" IPZ Volunteer/Intern

ted.jackson@ci.sultan.wa.us

Direct: 360 793 1022

Cell: 206 355 9458

Old 02-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #20
enumclaw
I just....don't know

Oddometer: 356
Emails sent. Thanks for all you do.
enumclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #21
tod701 OP
Studly Adventurer

My response to Ted Jackson's attack

+++

Dear Senator xxx,

It is with great reluctance and disappointment that I am writing to clarify the claims made by Ted Jackson.

Unfortunately for all involved Mr. Jackson has chosen to repeatedly make false statements concerning the Washington Off Highway Vehicle Alliance. As I am sure you have seen in his previous correspondence that he has asserted that WOHVA is a secretive group of five people that does not represent the offroad vehicle enthusiasts in the State of Washington.

That assertion is so utterly false that up until now I have chosen to ignore it.

The Washington Off Highway Vehicle Alliance is primarily an alliance of offroad vehicle organizations within our State. Included in that alliance are the Northwest Motorcycle Association and the Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association. They are the largest offroad motorcycle and four wheel drive organizations in the State.

In total, the organizations that are represented by WOHVA have over 13,000 members.

Here is a list of WOHVA member organizations:

Pacific Northwest Four Wheel Drive Association
Northwest Motorcycle Association
North Central ATV Club
Cascade 4x4s of Tacoma
Cascade Family M/C
County Line Offroaders
Dirty 13 4x4 Club
Eastern Washington ATV Association
Greater Seattle Motorcycle Club
Stumpjumpers Motorcycle Club
Timber Tamers 4x4 Club
Tacoma Motorcycle Club
Washington ATV Association
Wheelers of Washington
Yakima Valley Dust Dodgers Motorcycle and ATV Club

When someone repeatedly presents such ridiculously false claims before the Legislature, one must question the validity of anything else that person also claims.

Just to be clear, on behalf of its over 1,000 members, the Northwest Motorcycle Association fully supports WOHVA’s position on SB5366, opposing the bill as currently written.

Best regards,

Tod Petersen
Legislative/Land Use Coordinator
Northwest Motorcycle Association
16015 62nd Ave NW
Stanwood, WA 98292-5680
Email: tod701@aol.com
Phone: xxx
Mobile: xxx
Old 02-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #22
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 11,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by tod701 View Post
I agree.

Some don't, but others do.

"…This is Jihad, pal. There are no innocent bystanders, because in these desperate hours, bystanders are not innocent. We'll broaden our theater of conflict."

Mike Roselle, Earth First
Earth First was involved in this bill?

Didn't they basically disappear in the 90's?

What other anti-ATV groups participated?
Old 02-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #23
tod701 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf View Post
What other anti-ATV groups participated?
Conservation NW
Trout Unlimited
Old 02-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #24
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

So the EF quote was just some outdated, out of context quote?

Awesome.

Good thing hyperbole stays out of these types of discussions so real progress and communication can be accomplished.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #25
tod701 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
So the EF quote was just some outdated, out of context quote?
Just an old quote in response to comments about raising the stakes showing that raising the stakes is not a new tactic by the anti-ORV world
Old 02-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #26
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tod701 View Post
Just an old quote in response to comments about raising the stakes showing that raising the stakes is not a new tactic by the anti-ORV world
Raising the stakes, like, say, using polarizing hyperbole?

You won't win this battle to your satisfaction, just like the "anti-ATV" groups won't, and it's for the same reasons stuff doesn't get done at a federal level anymore. Neither side knows how to communicate or compromise. "They" are all econazis, and "Us" are all littering redneck drunkards that don't give a shit about natural resources and wildlife.

It's a fun game, ain't it?
Old 02-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #27
tod701 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Raising the stakes, like, say, using polarizing hyperbole?

You won't win this battle to your satisfaction, just like the "anti-ATV" groups won't, and it's for the same reasons stuff doesn't get done at a federal level anymore. Neither side knows how to communicate or compromise. "They" are all econazis, and "Us" are all littering redneck drunkards that don't give a shit about natural resources and wildlife.

It's a fun game, ain't it?
We were able and willing to communicate with the other side in Olympia.
I have had bipartisan pro-ORV bills not only passed by the Legislature, but sponsored by key Legislators of both parties.

We have WOHVA leadership meeting ever month with the leaders of the biggest non-motorized trail user groups in the State.
A lot has been accomplished by our efforts.

Where things got out of hand is when a pair of quad riders lied to the legislature, claimed to represent all of the ORV people in the State and began cutting deals with the anti-ORV people the could undermine our sport.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #28
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,139
Quote:
You won't win this battle to your satisfaction,
There was another inmate in the southern area that said we should STFU and stop trying to get anything changed with the Discover pass, but thru the masses here and on other sites we voiced our opinions and now the disco pass is good for two vehicles instead of 1, it's not great but reduced my disco cost by 50%, better than nothing. Yea we can all just shut up and head to slaughter and just take it, or we can try to change it, are you one of those that just rolls over and takes it?
Old 02-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #29
81husky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy View Post
There was another inmate in the southern area that said we should STFU and stop trying to get anything changed with the Discover pass, but thru the masses here and on other sites we voiced our opinions and now the disco pass is good for two vehicles instead of 1, it's not great but reduced my disco cost by 50%, better than nothing. Yea we can all just shut up and head to slaughter and just take it, or we can try to change it, are you one of those that just rolls over and takes it?
This State belongs to all of us, not just the Legislators. I give them an earful every time I think they are out of line, which is quite often. I've really gotten worked up over SB5366 because it's turned into such a cluster. Two quad riders should not dictate what thousands of users should have to endure, just so they can ride their 4 wheelers on the hiway.
81husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #30
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81husky View Post
This State belongs to all of us, not just the Legislators. I give them an earful every time I think they are out of line, which is quite often. I've really gotten worked up over SB5366 because it's turned into such a cluster. Two quad riders should not dictate what thousands of users should have to endure, just so they can ride their 4 wheelers on the hiway.
I can not disagree with you at all, I'm not one that just rolls over and I appreciate Tod spending his time on this site reminding us when to contact our state law makers and let them know exactly how we feel. Once they take our rights away they are gone forever.