ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #61
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
Unfortunately, i dont think the Airhead will make it to CO. I love the bike, but it just doesnt get ridden enough.
I think it would get ridden a little more often here. If you've got a good street bike you'll want on here in addition to something that can handle the dirt.

Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #62
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,200
Well, it is official...just sent a rather large check to the Title Company.. my buddy will sign the paperwork tomorrow as my power of attorney, and I will be the proud owner of a green house in Woodland Park Unfortunately, I wont be able to move into it until next summer... does anyone know someone looking to rent a house I need to find someone looking for a one year lease only.. from June 2012 till June 2013 .. ADV rider discount
Old 02-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #63
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

5 months and counting. Official move in date has been pushed back to August 3rd or 4th. I am currently experiencing a odd months long "Christmas Eve" time slow down.. every day creeps by as I get closer to finally moving to a place of my choice. Here is the view from my deck,, the deck currently occupied by renters unfortunately I hope to host some ADV riders befor the end of the year.. single, no wife..no kids.. no job. Everyone keeps telling me I will get bored and be looking for work within a month.. I dont think they know where I am moving to

Old 02-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #64
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Quote:
Everyone keeps telling me I will get bored and be looking for work within a month.. I dont think they know where I am moving to
You're absolutely right; most of us here are trying to find ways to stay unemployed.

Quote:
Are you out near Sunnywood?
Old 02-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #65
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Yes, after a quick Google search I am just a bit closer to town,, by like one or two streets? Paint Pony Ranch.. apparently it was a golf course years ago.. or planned to be a golf course that failed. The kids playhouse went with the previous owner, but the treehouse, which can be seen in near the left corner of the balcony is still there. All KTM riders are welcome to stay in the treehouse.. everyone else is welcome inside
Old 02-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #66
pwrtrippin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Bashing KTM and yet he rides a blue one.

There is nothing manly about tassels.
pwrtrippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #67
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrtrippin View Post
Bashing KTM and yet he rides a blue one.
I only bash KTM riders because I can not keep up with them.. hell I can't keep up with anybody, but the KTM folks especially. That Blue KTM is continually trying to kill me as well.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #68
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer: 1,116
Quote:
I only bash KTM riders because I can not keep up with them.. hell I can't keep up with anybody, but the KTM folks especially. That Blue KTM is continually trying to kill me as well.
Just wonderful, if you move out here and we end up meeting on the trail and riding together, you are at risk of becoming a "personal friend".

Let me know when you make it out here and if you come up our way after you tire of the great riding down there.
Paul

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #69
pwrtrippin
Gnarly Adventurer

Well after riding a XR650r for a few years, the KTM is easily flickable. Its how everyone should start out.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #70
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

I started on dirt with the GSA, I was a Harley guy before that. When I started tearing up the GSA riding it places it shouldnt go, I bought the DRZ to see how I would like true dirt riding. That first ride on the DRZ was the most fun I had ever had on a motorcycle. The Husaberg was bought with CO in mind, FI, able to carry some camping gear, still lightweight. Only real drawback to the Husaberg is its short legs and the huge $$ to get just a couple of more gallons on board. I have a Safari front tank sitting in my office right now, ridiculous amount of money for 2 more gallons. But that and another gallon in MSR bottles or a Dromedary bladder and I hope to be OK for the rides I have been reading about for the last couple of years. I kept the DRZ mostly for a spare bike for visiting friends to ride.

mrt10x screwed with this post 02-22-2013 at 11:46 AM
mrt10x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #71
pwrtrippin
Gnarly Adventurer

Whats the Husa get for gas mileage I can go approximately 240 on 6 gallons on the XR, I'm thinking just over 4 gallons in the Husa will be more than enough for 98% of the riding you'll do out here. We'll need to have a meet and greet when you get here, Quite a few ADVers in the WP area.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #72
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Quote:
I kept the DRZ mostly for a spare bike for visiting friends to ride.
You can also ride the DRZ when the Berg's in the shop having the rear subframe rewelded and all the sheered bolts removed.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #73
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
You can also ride the DRZ when the Berg's in the shop having the rear subframe rewelded and all the sheered bolts removed.
yeah.. I get that.. but the Berg's plastic rear subframe has proven to be remarkably strong.. Lots of guys carrying 35-45 lbs on it for long distances w/o any issues. One inmate rode his 570 from Peru to Montana with all his gear and had zero issues. I have both wolfman and Giant loop setups and although I havent had any real chance to test it out, I can see putting all the gear I normally carry on my back for backpacking on the back of th Berg with no issues. I have that load down to less than 40lbs with 4-5 days of food. That rear subframe strength, and the proven engine and slightly more oil capacity is why I chose the 570 over a KTM 500,,, well that and I got the 570 for $7500 brand new. Like I said earlier, it is really too much bike for my skill level, but I hope to grow into it before it kills me

As far as gas mileage, I havent really had the chance to give it a good check... the riding we do here in RI/CT/MA is usually a 35-70 mile loop with gas available somewhere along the route. I think it is right there with any modern 450 FI bike.. 30-45mpg depending on your right wrist?? By my rough estimations at the pump, I have been getting 40mpg on the loop I normally ride here.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #74
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Quote:
yeah.. I get that.. but the Berg's plastic rear subframe has proven to be remarkably strong.. Lots of guys carrying 35-45 lbs on it for long distances w/o any issues. One inmate rode his 570 from Peru to Montana with all his gear and had zero issues. I have both wolfman and Giant loop setups and although I havent had any real chance to test it out, I can see putting all the gear I normally carry on my back for backpacking on the back of th Berg with no issues. I have that load down to less than 40lbs with 4-5 days of food. That rear subframe strength, and the proven engine and slightly more oil capacity is why I chose the 570 over a KTM 500,,, well that and I got the 570 for $7500 brand new. Like I said earlier, it is really too much bike for my skill level, but I hope to grow into it before it kills me
No need to write a novel in your bike's defense. I'm just giving you hell. All bikes have their issues.

Pablo83 screwed with this post 02-22-2013 at 01:49 PM
Old 02-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #75
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
No need to write a novel in you bike's defense. I'm just giving you hell. All bikes have their issues.
I'm bored