ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #16
DRRambler
AKA Albertastrom
 
DRRambler's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver Island
Oddometer: 833
I am going to take a boat, preferably the Stahlratte if she is crossing when I get there sometime in November. That link for Capt Jack's will come in handy if I need another option.
DRRambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:47 AM   #17
eakins
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,192
rock on. what happens w/ the rentals?

as far as travels most start in the early winter/late fall and ride south through the dry season (aprox oct 15 - june 15th) and stay along the west coast in mex.

ride baja then across to mazatlan and south.
i'll be in the denver area in mid april for the summer.
i want to catch up with you and i'll tell ya everything i know about riding and living SOB.
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #18
House of Motorrad OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Oddometer: 24
Progress!

I am loving all ther great info people are posting to this thread. I would love to meet as many of you as possible along the road! I am going to start a section on my website that is going to be dedicated to this trip. Should have it up pretty soon so keep your eyes peeled on www.houseofmotorrad.com. I have quite a few bikes, as we have a rental company, and if anybody is interested in joining the adventure let me know.
House of Motorrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #19
House of Motorrad OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
rock on. what happens w/ the rentals?

as far as travels most start in the early winter/late fall and ride south through the dry season (aprox oct 15 - june 15th) and stay along the west coast in mex.

ride baja then across to mazatlan and south.
i'll be in the denver area in mid april for the summer.
i want to catch up with you and i'll tell ya everything i know about riding and living SOB.
I would love to get together and catch up! Give me a call when you are in the area!
House of Motorrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #20
House of Motorrad OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Oddometer: 24
When

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderRider View Post
When are you headed? I may be doing the exact same thing a few months before you. I am still not sure how far I might go this fall, but I am leaving Denver and headed south. Maybe I will see you on the road.
The answer is I am not sure yet. I am thinking anywhere from October to December. I am in the planning stages now. We should get together and share some ideas. Sound Good?
House of Motorrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #21
House of Motorrad OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolito View Post
ac_elite, I live near Ushuaia and study toursim. I have a e-book made by the goverment of some of the activities you can do @ R40. Buy the way, they are paving (I think this is the word ) the R40.
If you want the but, send me your e-mail and I'll send it to you.
ben@houseofmotorrad.com I would love a copy! Sounds like you are a good person to know! I will definitely be in touch when I get a little further along in the planning stages. Thanks!
House of Motorrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:05 AM   #22
Manolito
Patagonia guide
 
Manolito's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Argentina
Oddometer: 237
Done
__________________
Bikeless

Going to Ushuaia? Stop in Rio Gallegos and let's have a beer
Manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #23
WilderRider
Beastly Adventurer
 
WilderRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Oddometer: 1,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Motorrad View Post
The answer is I am not sure yet. I am thinking anywhere from October to December. I am in the planning stages now. We should get together and share some ideas. Sound Good?
Most definitely. Boulder sure isn't that far away, but it sounds like I am about a year ahead of you. I am thinking this September for departure. But it would be great to trade ideas and resources.
__________________
RISK: "The loftier your goals, the higher your risk, the greater your glory."
WilderRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #24
House of Motorrad OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderRider View Post
Most definitely. Boulder sure isn't that far away, but it sounds like I am about a year ahead of you. I am thinking this September for departure. But it would be great to trade ideas and resources.
I am thinking this year too. I hope to leave in October. Shoot me an email at ben@houseofmotorrad.com and we can schedule something!
House of Motorrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #25
garrydymond
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Mex City
Oddometer: 216
Mex City

If you come to Mex City we can put you up and show you around. If you are here on Sept 15th we will invite you to our traditional Independance celebration with the now World Famous Trivia.
__________________
http://sites.google.com/site/garryhostel/ Mexico City's Free Motorcycle Resort
garrydymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #26
maria41
n00b
 
maria41's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: London
Oddometer: 9
Hi !
Send us an email when you get to Rio. We moved recently from London to Brazil and will be here for at least another year, probably more.

We spent a year motorcycling around South America on 2 F650GS/Dakar, so happy to answer any questions, although it was 4 years ago now.

As soon as we can buy bikes we will be exploring Brazil on our spare time. How long do you plan to take to go down and up? There is so much to do and to see that even with 1 year we ran out of time. You will have a great time! Make sure you learn Spanish though, it will come handy!

Any questions let me know. You can see details of our trip and adventures in my website: www.franglais-riders.com

Cheers,

Maria

www.franglais-riders.com
maria41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #27
WilderRider
Beastly Adventurer
 
WilderRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Oddometer: 1,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria41 View Post
Hi !
Send us an email when you get to Rio. We moved recently from London to Brazil and will be here for at least another year, probably more.

We spent a year motorcycling around South America on 2 F650GS/Dakar, so happy to answer any questions, although it was 4 years ago now.

As soon as we can buy bikes we will be exploring Brazil on our spare time. How long do you plan to take to go down and up? There is so much to do and to see that even with 1 year we ran out of time. You will have a great time! Make sure you learn Spanish though, it will come handy!

Any questions let me know. You can see details of our trip and adventures in my website: www.franglais-riders.com

Cheers,

Maria

www.franglais-riders.com
Thanks for the posts and the offer. . I have seen your interviews on the HU videos as well. Looks like you guys are keeping busy.
__________________
RISK: "The loftier your goals, the higher your risk, the greater your glory."
WilderRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #28
maria41
n00b
 
maria41's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: London
Oddometer: 9
Oh dear you saw those videos! We did look like sh*t! It was just at the end of our trip!

We will be round your place in June/July! We are planning to rent bikes from a company out of Gunnison (from here: http://www.rentmotorcyclescolorado.com).

It is very close to Denver I think! We are planning to be on the road for about 17 days!

Cheers,

Maria

www.franglais-riders.com
maria41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #29
WilderRider
Beastly Adventurer
 
WilderRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Oddometer: 1,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria41 View Post
Oh dear you saw those videos! We did look like sh*t! It was just at the end of our trip!

We will be round your place in June/July! We are planning to rent bikes from a company out of Gunnison (from here: http://www.rentmotorcyclescolorado.com).

It is very close to Denver I think! We are planning to be on the road for about 17 days!

Cheers,

Maria

www.franglais-riders.com
Maria,

Great. When you get here, let us know and I am sure you will have many offers to show you two the roads around here or just meet up. I know I would love to hear more about your trips if you get a chance to stop for dinner, lunch or breakfast around here.

And if you are looking for a rental closer to Denver, be sure to check out
www.houseofmotorrad.com. I do not know Ben personally (yet), but this is his rental company out of Boulder. Much closer. Gunnison is a great place to ride, though.
__________________
RISK: "The loftier your goals, the higher your risk, the greater your glory."
WilderRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #30
Giddy Up
Pedal, Damn IT!
 
Giddy Up's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 55
Great book/app for your trip

House of Motorrad,
I just started reading this book on a trip from LA down to the southern tip and back up to Buenes Aires (sp?). I have no connection to this guy. There are some awesome photos and interesting write ups about the different towns. It may help with trip planning. It makes me want to go. I look forward subscribing to your trip thread.
Good luck!

http://www.la2ba.com/
Giddy Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014