ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #16
Jackazz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkweewee View Post
Another whine from north of the Columbia. How unusual here.
Nova funds and volunteer hours are all we have to keep our trails open. If your not into single track and all you do is "ride" gravel then you probably don't get it. When the Nova funds were diverted to state parks we had camp grounds shut down at our riding areas and trail maintenance suffered. I've have spent great weekends camping with my wife and kids as well as some good friends at those sites. Thankfully most have opened back up.
As far as another whine is concerned many of us north of the Columbia have donated money to the legal fund, sent countless letters to various reps and politicians and volunteered hours to keep our riding areas open.
IMO this decision is a hard blow to the off road community and sends the wrong message to Olympia.

PS There's probably something wrong with me but for the most part I appreciate your different points of view.

Tim
Jackazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #17
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Oddometer: 13,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackazz View Post
Nova funds and volunteer hours are all we have to keep our trails open. If your not into single track and all you do is "ride" gravel then you probably don't get it. When the Nova funds were diverted to state parks we had camp grounds shut down at our riding areas and trail maintenance suffered. I've have spent great weekends camping with my wife and kids as well as some good friends at those sites. Thankfully most have opened back up.
As far as another whine is concerned many of us north of the Columbia have donated money to the legal fund, sent countless letters to various reps and politicians and volunteered hours to keep our riding areas open.
IMO this decision is a hard blow to the off road community and sends the wrong message to Olympia.

PS There's probably something wrong with me but for the most part I appreciate your different points of view.

Tim
No other regional forum mods let their kingdoms become regional and/or state-specific CS&Ms is my point here. Check out the other regional forums to see if this goes on and have a nice day.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #18
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,206
Quote:
No other regional forum mods let their kingdoms become regional and/or state-specific CS&Ms is my point here. Check out the other regional forums to see if this goes on and have a nice day.
Howdy Steve,

The "point" some of us have tried repeatedly to make is that there seems to be some kind of psychosis peculiar to those who live in Oregon to invest themselves in matters concerning the PRoW of which they know nothing or very little about and that do not in any way affect their lives.

I dare say many folks from Oregon have postulated on the so called wild sky wilderness area but in fact don't have a fucking clue what the area really is, how it has been managed in the past and the ruse that was used to create it. The same can be said of the NOVA funds, this is an issue that many of us "locals" have been concerned with and have fought to have righted for a very long time. If you care to be an asset to the discussion please bring something worth while to it, to do anything less is to simply play the part of a troll.

Throw another log on the fire and pass the jug.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #19
woodsrider-boyd
Wow, these guys are fast

Oddometer: 327
Quote:

Please do not read nor comment on these type of threads that you have judged to be inappropriate. Obviously many others here do not share your views and see value in these type of threads being in this forum.

Your comments are not constructive, and in fact are counter-productive.

Thank you.

'06 Husqvarna WR125

woodsrider-boyd screwed with this post 01-09-2013 at 09:52 AM
woodsrider-boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #20
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,438
Quote:
I looked in on a couple of the other regional forums, I saw threads about the shooting at Sandy Hook and I saw threads about trail closures and legal issues in state and national forests.
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #21
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsrider-boyd View Post

Please do not read nor comment on these type of threads that you have judged to be inappropriate. Obviously many others here do not share your views and see value in these type of threads being in this forum.

Your comments are not constructive, and in fact are counter-productive.

Thank you.

If you want to turn this into a PNW CS&M with no limits to freedom of speech then my opinion is this: Go Fuck Yourself and your stupid plea to quit posting here. You're killing this forum with your bullshit that I can read on 10,000 other non-motorcycle 'Why America Sucks' related sites.

But have a nice day.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #22
tod701 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 875
Quote:
Go Fuck Yourself and your stupid plea to quit posting here. You're killing this forum with your bullshit that I can read on 10,000 other non-motorcycle 'Why America Sucks' related sites.
Must be words of wisdom from someone displeased with the concept of offroad motorcyclists discussing the misappropriation of the funding that they supplied with the legal understanding that it would go to support their sport.

Why would someone bother to read, much less comment on a topic that appears to make themselves so uncomfortable?

Oppose self funded ORV access to public land?

Oppose discusion of where those funds go?

Oppose anything that is not you?

All of the above?

Other?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #23
lincolnlock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
I find this topic very interesting. I have written letters, donated money, and made phone calls to inform my state "representatives" of my stance on the NOVA funds theft. It's pretty disheartening to see Washington state government do pretty much whatever they feel like, instead of what the law says.
lincolnlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #24
woodsrider-boyd
Wow, these guys are fast

Oddometer: 327
Quote:
If you want to turn this into a PNW CS&M with no limits to freedom of speech then my opinion is this: Go Fuck Yourself and your stupid plea to quit posting here. You're killing this forum with your bullshit that I can read on 10,000 other non-motorcycle 'Why America Sucks' related sites.

But have a nice day.
To those interested in the original posting, I've said my piece regarding this person's behavior, so I'll not engage with him any further on this thread in an effort to reduce the off topic bickering.

Looking forward to continued discussion on matters pertaining to riding in the PacNW though. Thanks. -Ed

'06 Husqvarna WR125
woodsrider-boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #25
tod701 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnlock View Post
I find this topic very interesting. I have written letters, donated money, and made phone calls to inform my state "representatives" of my stance on the NOVA funds theft.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnlock View Post
I It's pretty disheartening to see Washington state government do pretty much whatever they feel like, instead of what the law says.
Rest assured that the legislature will be looking at the pot-o-free money again during their spring 2013 session
Old 01-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #26
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Guess what? Off road motorcycling is a niche pursuit at best. The majority of tax-paying public wilderness land-using Americans don't want noisy two or four-wheeled vehicles harshing their vibe when they're out in the wilderness. Not everyone views motorized travel on public lands as a god-given right. You're outnumbered; get used to it.

linkweewee screwed with this post 01-10-2013 at 07:04 PM
linkweewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #27
Smedley
sshhh, don't tell my wife

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Guess what?

Don't have to guess....you've proven yourself a douche bag.

2004 950 Adventure (Thanks SASR)

2009 KLR 650
Smedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #28
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedley View Post
Guess what? As the USA's population grows and the little public land still available is up for grabs user-wise, you'll be shit out of luck on where to ride. Ha ha.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #29
tommybelvedere
Adv alacarte'

Oddometer: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedley View Post

My sentiments exactly, should he get a clue? Good luck??
tommybelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #30
tod701 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
The majority of tax-paying public wilderness land-using Americans don't want noisy two or four-wheeled vehicles harshing their vibe when they're out in the wilderness.
Miss Leakpeepee,

Was someone in this thread advocating motorized use of Wilderness?

You seem to have posted here enough times to understand how threads and topics work, so obviously your intent is to do something else other than add value to the discussion.

Rather than behaving like a used douche gargling troll, maybe you should consider going elsewhere to seek validation for you own petulant disdain?