ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #31
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin
 
DesertSurfer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: City of the Angels
Oddometer: 1,234
Cool ride report...

Perfect choice of bikes. The definition of why to own an Adventure and how to use it. I'm all eyes on this RR.
Keep it going... Yeah!!!
__________________
'"This whole memory lapse is gett'in to me. Hopefully I think I'll outgrow it."
DesertSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #32
eye.surgeon
...riding California
 
eye.surgeon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Clovis, California
Oddometer: 221
I'm loving it...keep posting. This ride is on my bucket list ever since I read dockingpilot's ride report covering it.
__________________
2012 Ducati Multistrada
BMW K1200LT
eye.surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #33
inbred
Gnarly Adventurer
 
inbred's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Weedsport, NY
Oddometer: 140
Havin' a wee bit of trouble spotting that hare. Very entertaining ride report.
inbred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #34
jimmydeanh
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jimmydeanh's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: flatlands of Maryland
Oddometer: 118
Surely this is post-dated, it would be as cold as a witch's tity in Idaho/Montana now! I'm subscribed- lets see some pics!
__________________
Our Idaho Adventure 2010
Dueling Bikes, WV
Chasing poutine, Canada Ho!
Our Montana Adventure 2009

What I ride:
2010 KTM SM-T (AKA the Tard)
2011 KTM 350 SX-F (AKA KaTyM)
2006 Speed Triple (AKA the BAMF)
1981 Blonde (AKA Yummy)
jimmydeanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #35
zeegman OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
zeegman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: San Jose, Ca
Oddometer: 353
SeeMoreHare and thanks for tagging along

Hi All,

thanks for tagging along on on the report.
Thanks to Jeremy for the added pics.

The trip occured 2011 Aug 21 to Sept 2. Did not get to it until now since winter is a good time for work on these.
The weather during the trip was pretty good for the most part - it was a bit hot at times.
DockingPilot made the trip later in September and caught some awesome views of the fall colors, but also saw a bit of frost at higher elevations.

This was a perfect ride for the big Adventure bikes as you had wide open spaces where you could really let her rip.

I plan to release more ride report once a week for each day of the trip so stay tuned.

Also for those who are hare impaired here is a hint:



Zeegman
zeegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #36
eye.surgeon
...riding California
 
eye.surgeon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Clovis, California
Oddometer: 221
Not gonna lie I can't see the hare even in your blow-up . Must explain my sucking at hunting.
__________________
2012 Ducati Multistrada
BMW K1200LT

eye.surgeon screwed with this post 02-14-2012 at 10:00 AM
eye.surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #37
cmreimer
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Edgewood, WA
Oddometer: 15
I'm in! That trip in on my bucket list....maybe this Fall!
Will be following along.
__________________
Too many dirt roads.....not enough time!

'09 950 SE
'12 500 EXC
'13 690 Enduro
cmreimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #38
tah1800
Gnarly Adventurer
 
tah1800's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Colo Springs, Colorado
Oddometer: 272
Rr

When do the Kabooms get some dust on them? Makes me nervous when DS bikes are too clean.
tah1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #39
DARKRYDER
NoNoob
 
DARKRYDER's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Santa Clara
Oddometer: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by tah1800 View Post
When do the Kabooms get some dust on them? Makes me nervous when DS bikes are too clean.
Ah...you mean dirty like this?

__________________
10 KTM 990 Adventure R
10 KTM 530 EXC-R Champions Edition
05 Merc E55 AMG
3 Kaboom's, 3 Dudes, and a Chick ride Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, Montana
Passed Out In CO & Washed Up In UT (UTBDR & COBDR)
DARKRYDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #40
DARKRYDER
NoNoob
 
DARKRYDER's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Santa Clara
Oddometer: 316
Or this?

__________________
10 KTM 990 Adventure R
10 KTM 530 EXC-R Champions Edition
05 Merc E55 AMG
3 Kaboom's, 3 Dudes, and a Chick ride Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, Montana
Passed Out In CO & Washed Up In UT (UTBDR & COBDR)
DARKRYDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #41
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Shawnee Bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeegman View Post
Hi All,

thanks for tagging along on on the report.
Thanks to Jeremy for the added pics.

The trip occured 2011 Aug 21 to Sept 2. Did not get to it until now since winter is a good time for work on these.
The weather during the trip was pretty good for the most part - it was a bit hot at times.
DockingPilot made the trip later in September and caught some awesome views of the fall colors, but also saw a bit of frost at higher elevations.

This was a perfect ride for the big Adventure bikes as you had wide open spaces where you could really let her rip.

I plan to release more ride report once a week for each day of the trip so stay tuned.

Also for those who are hare impaired here is a hint:



Zeegman
I don't see a hare, maybe it's hiding behind that rabbit?

I'm gonna have to ride out there and look for myself I suppose. Maybe this year. I hope.

Thanks for the RR, I love watching the videos.
.
__________________
1200 GSAW
FE 390
KLR 650 (not new)
GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #42
Just Paul
Pro Cat Herder
 
Just Paul's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Fremont, Ca
Oddometer: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by tah1800 View Post
When do the Kabooms get some dust on them? Makes me nervous when DS bikes are too clean.



__________________
Honda 450X (plated)
KTM Adventure S
Paul's SPOT TRACKER

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
Just Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:10 AM   #43
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer
 
MizzouRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Fly over zone
Oddometer: 1,728
I'm in... You guys (and gal) are making me think this mightnbe doable on a big bike..
__________________
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #44
zeegman OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
zeegman's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: San Jose, Ca
Oddometer: 353
Big Bike - YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildwoodMOCruiser View Post
I'm in... You guys (and gal) are making me think this mightnbe doable on a big bike..
You betcha you can do this on a big bike. We did and one pair two up even.
There's a few challenging bits, but, take your time, bring some friends, and enjoy the scenery!

Thanks to the others who correctly pointed out we were looking for a rabbit and not a hare. You guys are sharp!

Here is a hint of some wildlife we see on the next installment. Find out who blinks first!

zeegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #45
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer
 
Shawnee Bill's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeegman View Post
You betcha you can do this on a big bike. We did and one pair two up even.
There's a few challenging bits, but, take your time, bring some friends, and enjoy the scenery!

Thanks to the others who correctly pointed out we were looking for a rabbit and not a hare. You guys are sharp!

Here is a hint of some wildlife we see on the next installment. Find out who blinks first!

The one on the left looks real friendly, the black one is looking the other way to fake you out.


.
__________________
1200 GSAW
FE 390
KLR 650 (not new)
GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014