maybe, i got stuff on that day but maybe I can blow it off

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #392
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,461
Race Report

I really hate when you get logged off while you're typing up a post and then it erases everything...

Maybe Ill redo it tomorrow.. for now you tube if you haven't seen them

This guy is Fast!!!

Old 08-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #393
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,383
Fucker!

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #394
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

Yeah that and a bunch of other words as well

Old 08-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #395
Tbone
off-ramp slayer

Oddometer: 4,270
I'll never bitch about sand again...
Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #396
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

Race Report attempt number 2

I realized yesterday that I forgot to do a little write up on my last race, hell in the hills, and yes its gonna be a little one because I only made it about 36 miles of the 90 or so and about 10 of those were just for the hell of it because I houred out around 25 miles into the race.

This was the toughest race I've been in so far. I was exhausted about 1.5 miles into it and I hadn't even had to make a hill climb yet. Those would come in the section after first gas. the section where the check worker told me I had houred out on the last section but I should go ahead and ride it anyway just for fun. Now I know why he was smiling. He was having the fun...

The terrain,to me, in general didn't look all that rough (again except for that last section, Fucker) but it was the greasiest, slipperiest, just plane nastiest stuff I have ridden. Every root was at an angle, Every turn and even straight was off camber and they also imported crisco coated logs spaced just perfectly to catch my front and rear wheel at the same time.

The heat and humidity added to it. I drank 1.8 liters of water from start to first gas in addition to all the bottles of water and gatorade I drank prior to the race. That was probably around 3 hours. I did another hour after lunch not knowing my water bladderw as empty about 5 minutes into teh section and I was out, luclily I had stuffed a bottle in my pants pocket and that held me until I ran into a road and decided I had had enough "fun". The ection after first gas started with what seemed a 1mile off camber climb off the side of a hill. I was doing ok till I got bounced off the trail but even after getting back on track I felt OK and was suprised I wasn't really dying. The section then ran me into sporadic rock gardens which consisted of grouping of round rocks about the size of the 19.5" tires on my truck. I fought those until i got to one last hill that consisted of the large rocks with gaps the size of my bikes tires between them. Being so far behind everyone else any dirt mud that was filling the voids had been blasted out. the elevation change was around 6-8 feet and maybe a 35-45 degree incline. I had to literally launch my bike over a rock let it fall into the next hole, pick up either the front or rear end so that it wasn't trapped and could get traction and blast the clutch and throttle again to launch it to the next level. at this point I was exhausted, dehydrated and proably on the verge of heat stroke. After getting the bike up and over I sauntered over to a large rock* and sat for awhile wondering why the hell I decided to start racing at my age and shape. Eventually I got back on the bike and rode the 1.9 miles to an intersection and took the road back to my bike. I'm going to leave out the 2 or 3 times I simply layed down next to my bike, curled up in the fetal position whimpering. i don't need anyone to know that about me.

I still finished 4th in my class after all that

* The large rock after the muddy climb section is visible at 6:13 in this clip

I can only recognize it by the rock I sat on. By the time I got to the section it didnt even look vaguely like it does in the clip

Old 09-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #397
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

New MT 16 mounted. Semi frozen master link replaced.. 60 hours Im goin racin at Una Frickin Dilla!!!!!!!

Old 09-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #398
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
New MT 16 mounted. Semi frozen master link replaced.. 60 hours Im goin racin at Una Frickin Dilla!!!!!!!
We're on row 11! We'll have fun, I've got my Atomic Pollock riding outfit all ready
Old 09-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #399
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

How did we get rows already... I just thought of you walking over the bridge in Hancock and how I first thought who the fuck is this guy....

Old 09-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #400
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,975
Quote:
How did we get rows already... I just thought of you walking over the bridge in Hancock and how I first thought who the fuck is this guy....
It's fun to wear the Kansas city style riding gear and then watch the smart asses look at me, wanting to say something but not sure if they should

This will be my 3rd hare scramble and it's Unadilla...this will be fun!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #401
gbg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,391
Quote:
Once again it's on the GNCC website. C Senior is row 11. C 200 is row 12.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:24 AM   #402
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

I dont thinK I like the GNCC website

Old 09-15-2012, 05:33 AM   #403
tomatoe333
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,257
Quote:
I think they have live timing during the race, so we can see just how bad you're doing in real-time!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #404
gbg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,391
Quote:
Would you be more comfortable if it was on YouTube?
Old 09-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #405
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoe333 View Post
I think they have live timing during the race, so we can see just how bad you're doing in real-time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbg View Post
Would you be more comfortable if it was on YouTube?

Careful, he's a little touchy about the combination of those 2 subjects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljockey View Post
None of us are exceptionally skilled riders (excepting when I'm drunk, then I'm fcking quick).
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote