Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
treemuncher OP
Vegetation Terrorist

Oddometer: 289
theICEdevice.com In Case of Emergency info carriers are now available $15 / 5 units

New reflective and larger size stickers added to products as of 2013. Skip to this post for pics.

After witnessing a motorcycle crash last year during a group riding event, the need for an easily update-able, simple and cheap medical ICE (In Case of Emergency) info carrier was evident. I now offer these units for sale at www.theICEdevice.com

theICEdevice
It's more important in the event of an accident than clean underwear!

Anyone can have an accident but who has your contact information and how long will it take to find it?

Simplicity, ease of use and a cheap price were the most important factors that would provide the best solution to this problem. The ICE emblem calls out that it is part of the In Case of Emergency campaign for safety. It's simple because once attached to your clothing, equipment or keys, you should not have to think about it again except to make sure that it is still there. The unit is waterproof, non-conductive, no batteries, no sharp edges, lightweight, small and nearly indestructable. Any time an update is needed for any of the data, erase and pencil in the new data. At less than $3 per unit (much less than $20 metal ID tags), it is cost effective to carry more than one at all times. Redundancy - providing multiple copies ensures at least one should be found. This way, at least one unit should survive a traumatic episode and convey your data when you can't speak.

Small enough to attach to keys, jackets, pants, boots, tank bags and more, but big enough to carry 3 emergency contacts, personal ID, photo ID, medical history, current medication history, screen names, and more. theICEdevice can provide first responders with vital information as soon as they get to me.

To purchase: go to theICEdevice.com and click on the purchase page link. There you will find a Paypal button for secure online shopping. Delivery is first class mail and I try my best to ship daily. Sold in packages of 5 units + 10 data slips per package for less than $15 delivered (TN residents must add tax).

Currently, I am only shipping to the US and Canada. If you live elsewhere, PM me and I will find a shipping quote for your area of residence.

Thanks and ride safe.
TM

treemuncher screwed with this post 03-29-2013 at 08:29 AM
treemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,289
I've got some ICE in my wallet, but this makes sense.
Sold, and PayPal sent.

BTW. Small box Flat Rate shipping is now $5.15 where I live, anyway. Woot !! - I saved 20c !!
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
mardaf
"POPS"

Oddometer: 98
comment removed by poster,

mardaf screwed with this post 02-18-2012 at 10:20 AM
mardaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:56 AM   #4
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,964
Having seen helmet stickers scraped off by road contact, I like the ICE device concept much more.
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com

Boondox screwed with this post 02-18-2012 at 10:32 AM Reason: Point made
Boondox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #5
treemuncher OP
Vegetation Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondox View Post

Having seen helmet stickers scraped off by road contact, I like the ICE device concept much more.
After looking at the product and the price for the item in his posted link, I realized that what I am selling is less than half the price DELIVERED. I did not even bother to calculate the cost of the other item shipped.

theICEdevice units are less than $3 each including shipping. You can't purchase a gallon of gas for less than $3 any more! I ship in 5 packs so that you have enough for at least 2 jackets, one tank bag and 2 key rings. Multiple units increase your chances that at least one will be found after an incident. Also, what I designed is something that is waterproof so that you can pencil in data or erase it and update it at any time. It's not a one time deal when it comes to data entry like it would be with a permanent marker.

I'm not trying to make a killing on these. My intention is that it can help someone in the future. There is nothing better than paying it forward or showing some not-so-common decency in this world. I witnessed one wreck directly in front of me and that is what got all of this idea started - the need to carry contact and medical information at all times.

treemuncher screwed with this post 02-18-2012 at 05:04 PM
Old 02-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #6
treemuncher OP
Vegetation Terrorist

Reply to Anders

Quote:
Could you add a FAQ section to your web site? I looked, and I can't figure out how the device actually works. Is it a USB key, a tightly rolled piece of paper, or a genie?

Thanks!

Anders
Anders,

I think that is a great idea for the FAQ page. I will try to build that this weekend.

To answer your question, there is no genie, no chips, no electronics, no password or anything else to go wrong. It is as simple, cheap and to the point as it can be - a paper data slip enclosed in a waterproof container. The data slips are actually cut from a professionally printed form. These are not inkjet copies that would have a tendency to bleed if wet. Each 2" x 4" individual form can be filled out the way you want it to be. You only include as much or as little data as you are comfortable with. I do not suggest your home address to be carried on your house key ring! Because it is a waterproof container, I do recommend using a pencil to enter in data that may change often such as current medications or contact numbers.

There is a specific method to folding this data slip so that it retains its rounded shape for easy insertion and extraction from the carrier. There is also an extraction tag to make removal easier. The container is relatively unbreakable, according to my 3 lb hammer test (and no I did not hold back), no sharp edges, non conductive, lightweight and wearable. I highly recommend these to be used as a zipper pull because they remain easy to see and easy to access if needed. Tell those you ride with that you carry this information so that it can be found faster if in a time of need.

Thanks for your interest. And many more thanks to those of you who have purchased a set. It is my wish that no one will ever need to use it but the reality is that gravity, stupidity or a combination of the two will put someone into a situation where this will be of critical need. Dress for the crash, not for the fashion statement.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
mardaf
"POPS"

Having seen helmet stickers scraped off by road contact, I like the ICE device concept much more.[/QUOTE]

Treemuncher, I absolutely apologize, I wasn't paying attention to the fact I was in a vendor forum. It really was intended as an innocent comment and I do not have a connection to the product I think your product is great. Also I think it is a good point about the potential for the product to be scrapped off in an accident. I removed the post, perhaps you and Boondoc could edit your post to remove the quote to my original post and get me off the hook on this one???? Again sorry for the hassle.

mardaf screwed with this post 02-18-2012 at 01:33 PM
Old 02-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #8
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Mardaf -- Classy move! My post has been edited.

Treemuncher -- Placing an order. Thanks for putting this together. The extra forms will let me include veterinary info for my dog/copilot as well!

Pete
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Old 02-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #9
mardaf
"POPS"

Thanks Boondox, the more I thought about Treemunchers product the more it made sense so I placed an order as well.

mardaf screwed with this post 02-18-2012 at 11:42 AM
Old 02-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #10
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,289
Nice. ^^^^
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #11
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardaf View Post
Thanks Boondox, the more I thought about Treemunchers product the more it made sense so I placed an order as well.
But you might want to edit your own lunchtime post.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #12
mardaf
"POPS"

Done
Old 02-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #13
treemuncher OP
Vegetation Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardaf View Post
Treemuncher, I absolutely apologize, I wasn't paying attention to the fact I was in a vendor forum. It really was intended as an innocent comment and I do not have a connection to the product I think your product is great. Also I think it is a good point about the potential for the product to be scrapped off in an accident. I removed the post, perhaps you and Boondoc could edit your post to remove the quote to my original post and get me off the hook on this one???? Again sorry for the hassle.[/QUOTE]

This was never a hassle nor taken as an insult. Mardaf's post actually helped me out because I was able to compare pricing and performance of the other product (that I had not previously seen) compared to mine. I am satisfied that my product offers more options for a lower price. That is a good thing.

It's all cool. All friends and only the best of intentions.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:49 AM   #14
aaronrkelly
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
Just ordered some of these.

I had dog tags made with my ICE information a couple months ago......but I was concerned they would go un-noticed. I think this is a better solution.

Im not really THAT worried about it cause I dont take meds or have any allergies.....but some in my group do.

This is definitely a KISS approach and I like it.

Thanks.

a quick run to the Black Hills
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...8#post14248448
aaronrkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #15
treemuncher OP
Vegetation Terrorist

Thanks for your order Aaron. I'm sure that you will like these as zipper pulls because they are easy to see there and they make zippers easier to use when you have gloves on.

These will ship tomorrow AM after today's holiday. Ride safe.

www.moonshine-run.com where real riders meet