Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2014, 03:28 AM   #1
ghostwritin OP
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Pissed Swimming Lessons for my Transalp - Switzerland to Ireland

Dear Adventure Riders

I’ve been a huge fan of this site for quite some time. Unfortunately I was only an inactive reader and so far I haven’t contributed anything to this collection of exciting memories. However my role as a passive reader is about to change!
I’m an infected petrol head and I guess my dad is to blame for this J. I’ve been thinking about a first long trip with my motorbike. First I would like to introduce myself and my ride. I’m a 20 something Swiss guy, who has just finished his studies. Before starting a serious 9-5 job, I want to benefit from my flexibility and freedom. As you can tell, I’m more the office type of guy and some say I have two left hands. I will try my best to prove those guys wrong. Let’s talk about my ride, following the tradition, I named her ‘Maya’ . She’s is a sturdy V2 Honda Transalp, with quite a bit of mileage. She served me very well in the last couple of years for all kind of jobs. I just checked her over and did an oil change. Now we are good to go!
I added some modifications to adapt her to my requirements. I added a USB Charger and some panniers, unfortunately everything is pretty variegated . I need to stay on a budget and act stingy.
I’m planning to start a trip to the UK and Ireland sometime on 17/07. I will leave Bern in the direction of Luxembourg and pass through the beautiful Alsace. Hopefully I will find someone who will host me for a day in Luxembourg (any fellow adv around?). After I will continue towards Brussels and Bruge. Where I have to stop because of that incredible movie ‘In Bruge’ with a lot of Irish craic in it. Around the 22/23.07 I will cross the small pont towards Dover, from there I will see where I will end up J. On 26.07. I will catch the ferry to Dublin from Holyhead.

Maybe some of you could give me some thumbs up or tell me about some riding gems on the way there….??

Many thanks in advance
Tom
ghostwritin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:51 AM   #2
ghostwritin OP
n00b

a pic of my ride

my Maya
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2014, 04:39 AM   #3
Don T
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 454
I visited England and Ireland last year.
Maybe you can find some inspiration in my RR: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=907520

Bon Voyage
Don T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:39 PM   #4
ghostwritin OP
n00b

thanks for the input. I'm sure I will get some inspiration from your awesome trip!