WoW! Thanks for the update

Save 5 bucks when signing up for SmugMug. Enter coupon code: hgeNbdcSOWAXM
LATJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #48
Oldone
One day at a time!

Oddometer: 652
great ride report

Well dang! Now at close to 70 yrs. old I'm getting the bug to ride on dirt.....never have had a dirt bike after 50+ yrs. of biking! Why do I think these old bones are gonna like this idea I wonder! It comes down to RR's like this one that's totally real bad for me to read. Thanks for doing this great one. (I think!)

Gary

Oldone screwed with this post 06-27-2013 at 04:46 PM
Oldone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #49
MFS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
I've had a sighting!!

Had the pleasure to meet Sam and Clare in Steinbach, Manitoba today
I spotted the KTM's resting, and soon after seen the couple bringing over their gear and prepping to load.

Was great to meet you both! Glad you are enjoying our country so much and best of luck on your travel to Alaska, and beyond! You guys look like your having a fantastic time on your adventure

Hope I didn't scare you folks off with the puddle of drool I left by your rides

Ride safe you two!!

MFS
MFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #50
Yukoner2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Another sighting

Sam & Claire are in Whitehorse, the plan is to head south tomorrow morning and hope to miss any snow .
The morning temps. here are a little chilly, right around the freezing mark, with todays high of +6c.
Yukoner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:05 AM   #51
akdora
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Amazing trip!
Good luck.
Safe travels.
akdora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #52
Yukoner2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Todays sighting. Oct 15

Sam & Clare had more bike problems, they left Whitehorse today with the bikes loaded in a U-Haul van. I guess they will truck the bikes to Calgary, and leave them there. The plan is to get the bike(s) fixed over the winter, then come back and continue their travels.
Yukoner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #53
windquest
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
bike storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukoner2 View Post
Sam & Clare had more bike problems, they left Whitehorse today with the bikes loaded in a U-Haul van. I guess they will truck the bikes to Calgary, and leave them there. The plan is to get the bike(s) fixed over the winter, then come back and continue their travels.
Anyword if they were able to find a place to store the bikes over the winter in Calgary???
Old 10-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #54
sidewayz_control
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by windquest View Post
Anyword if they were able to find a place to store the bikes over the winter in Calgary???
They must have because they posted somewhere, Facebook I think, that they are back in the UK.

Ivan

2012 KTM 690 Enduro R
sidewayz_control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #55
windquest
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewayz_control View Post
They must have because they posted somewhere, Facebook I think, that they are back in the UK.

Ivan
Hope all works out for them...
Old 10-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #56
Dr LC8
...soon or later

Oddometer: 811
Speechless...

Nic
2010 KTM 400 EXC
Trips:Europe,Africa,Asia
Dr LC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:50 AM   #57
Pheebs OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
*bump*

Thought I'd let you all know how it's going! We managed to travel most of the east coast of Canada and then traversed across to Alaska last year where my both bikes had a bit of a hiccup (stupid rocker bearing arm which they've now replaced the part altogether as it's faulty! Doh!). This caused us a few weeks delay so we ended up riding in to Alaska in October where it was an almighty -20 degrees celcius! Riding was BLOODY FREEZING! Hahaha! The border guards laughed at us going in to Alaska but were super nice! Due to the weather (6foot of snow) we didn't make it to Prudhoe Bay and because we exhausted all our cash waiting for parts for bikes (seriously takes FOREVER in the Yukon to get anything!) we had to take the bikes back down to Calgary and return to the UK to work for some more moolah!

We have since returned though and are back on the road! Have enjoyed the Stampede in Calgary (seriously, I may swap my helmet for a cowboy hat and chaps! I've never seen anything quite like it!) then have been marvelling at the sights on the ice road to Jasper through the rockies then up the Cassier highway where our socks and sidi boots have been blown off with how stunningly awesome it all is!

Lots of bears (furry cute and dangerous!), ridiculous amounts of waterfalls, a tonne of glaciers, lakes, mosquitos (no joking here... 40+ bites on my person and itching like a muddy funster), gravel, pot holes, camping, sunshine and rain. It's pretty darn awesome.

We're about to embark on the Robert Campbell Highway North to Dawson City where I am supposedly being pushed in to drinking a Sour Toe drink (someones severed toe in a shot... the toe has to touch your lips). I'm only doing it is we raise 50 for each of our charities - links here if you want to put me through this - Wales Air Ambulance, Riders 4 Health and The World Land Trust.

From there we will go to Prudhoe Bay (fiiiinaallly) on the Dalton Highway (may have seen Charlies Boormans World's Most Dangerous Roads on this... truckers and gravel delight!) Looking forward to finally reaching the Northern most point of Alaska!

Afterwards, we have to return again to the UK to finish off a project but we're planning to be back out again veeeery soon :)

So yeh!

Just thought I'd update! Please like/share/follow us on Facebook and help us raise awareness for our charities! If there's anywhere you see us heading and fancy a ride then hey, come along and join up It's awesome fun (if a little hard work / tiring / stinky from time to time!) ;)

I would post pics in here but the internet is operated by hamsters so it's taking FOREVER to upload anything! Here are a couple but I have uploaded a few more here if you're interested :)

Chasing Horizons Alberta and BC pics

Keep smiling and ride safe people