Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #16
señormoto
Supermoto Abuser

Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
You speak with such certainty in your widespread opinions
> Implying I care what you think of my opinions.

señormoto screwed with this post 02-23-2012 at 11:19 PM
señormoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:29 PM   #17
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by thematt View Post
I'm guessing you've read my last two reports on DV by that comment, but it might surprise you to know that I don't post all of my rides on ADV. I see that you're trying to make a point that your # of miles makes your opinion somehow more valid, which is not only ridiculous but likely false as you know nothing about my riding history except what I've posted on ADV, which is a rather small percentage of my riding over the last two decades.

The sig line should be apparent. The fact that you're making an issue of my _opinion_ on the seat that you happen to like is the very reason that I'm rather tired of this particular ADV sub-forum. Too many whiners and chest thumpers - it makes me miss having a 950SE and contributing to Orange Crush.

Not sure why you have an issue with my posts lately. Your comments on the Costa Rica boot thread were not only unhelpful but not really that funny; I tried to play along to see where it would go but you sort of fizzled out after so few attempts at comedy. Anyway, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I would asume you would understand that at this point given your remarkably recurrent boasting of opinions on all the random topics during your ride reports. This is a sad thing because in the past I have enjoyed your posts, have stood up when other people gave you shit on this forum, and otherwise thought you were a decent guy. Now, I don't know what your deal is but since you got back from your last trip you've been kind of... different. I've been the same asshole I've always been here - no change on my part.

So Finn, you might want to ask yourself why you care so much about someone else's viewpoint on an inflatable seat cushion.

Well that's too bad you feel that way then, I never tried very hard to make anyone belief I was a decent guy.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:01 AM   #18
DonHS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Well that's too bad you feel that way then, I never tried very hard to make anyone belief I was a decent guy.
You've been pretty successful in your efforts Finn.

But I think I know better.

Cheers to you, brother.
DonHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:21 AM   #19
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,189
FWIW I tried the aftermarket BMW comfort seat (if it was so good why didn't they use it from the start?????) and found that you cannot move around very much on it and the bump in the back before the pillion part traps any 3/4 length type of jacket. The Airhawk gives plenty of wiggle room and if you set it up right, you honestly forget that it is even there.
Those new lower prices are even better.
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:51 AM   #20
MichaelRay OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
I'd love to get a Renazco, but can't see waiting 6 months and giving up my current seat. If the airhawk doesn't work out, I might go for a Corbin. I'm still not sure what I'll do. I had one of those on a previous bike and it worked out okay.

The current seat isn't too bad, but I really haven't had a chance to really test it out. I just bought the bike in October and up here in PA, there hasn't been a whole lot or motorcycle riding weather just yet... My longest ride so far has only been a couple hours, but I have a couple nice trips planned for the summer. (Blue Ridge Parkway & The Adirondacks) This is my first dirt-capable bike since high school, so I'm kinda curious to see how much time I spend off road.

I ended up sending for the "small cruiser" and I should be getting that in a few days. It just looked like the best shape to me.

Thanks again for the opinions.
MichaelRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #21
señormoto
Supermoto Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRay View Post
I'd love to get a Renazco, but can't see waiting 6 months and giving up my current seat.
[/I][/I]
The wait definitely sucks but they don't keep your seat that whole time. They schedule a build date and then you send the seat on the scheduled date and get it back about 2-3 days later.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #22
señormoto
Supermoto Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
No hurt feelings over here guy, this is Just The Internet after all. Try not to get your panties in a bunch next time I disagree with you and have a differing opinion.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #23
longwayaround
Female Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
After reading this post i ordered a medium cruiser airhawk 2 off fleabay for 100$, shipping included to Canada. They are hard to find up here! since none of the bike shops in this area carry them i went to a home health care store, where they DID have them...for $400! If you are a senior the government will pay for it though...alas, no luck for a starving student like me...Thanks for a great thread, this site has both caused me to spend and save a hell of a lot of money. ?!
"go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul" -Walt Whitman
longwayaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:26 AM   #24
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Surprised that Blackfoot doesn't have them, I know that Avicious Cycle in Burlington, Ontario carries them for close to that price in Canadian dollars. You are going to like it!
Old 03-23-2012, 01:46 AM   #25
sfwo79
euroromper

Oddometer: 90
I did some primitive seat customization on my F800GS over the winter. Carved out some foam and put in some memory foam and re-covered it. Even though I made more space for my butt, which I needed, the memory foam was a little too soft. So I bought a small pillion Airhawk 2 and I've been using it for about a week now. I keep on letting out more and more air, and it's amazing just how little you need for this thing to work well. At 99 Euros here in Germany, it wasn't cheap, but it's still way cheaper than the Russell All-Day I have my eye on. I'm going to run with this setup all summer and see how it goes.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:21 AM   #26
Hudson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Didya get it yet?

How's that small cruiser working out MichaelRay?

"They both savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."
-Terry Pratchett
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #27
Willson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
rain ?

Hi everyone,

Been using one for a little while now.
I don't find it great but it is way better than the stock seat (DR650). Hard to adjust the right amount of air I find.

Now what about using it in the rain ?
When caught in the rain, the water just doesn't flow ( it's takes a while for the airhawk to dry completely, usually have to take out the inside cushions). You end up seating in a little puddle, I have good rain gear but always end up soaking wet because of this...

Is it just me ? Or my rain gear sucks... (maybe a little water get through in between the legs).

Now of course it's hard to stay dry in the rainy season down here in Costa Rica !
Willson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:31 AM   #28
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Today I went for my first ride without my Airhawk in 2 years.
6 hours on the F650GS without it reminded me of the sheer torture of the stock seat. Last time I do that, thanks.
Rain? No problem. In fact, the Airhawk flows the water out the sides around the bumps. It dries fast. You can also hurry that along by simply taking it out during a gas stop and giving it a shake.
I live and ride in Mexico and we get torrential rains just like in Costa Rica, in fact the rainy season is just ending and the Airhawk keeps doing its job.
You can pay upwards of $400 for a custom seat or downwards of $99 for a very good solution. If ventilation is important, the Airhwak has any custom seat beat right there. Unlike the BMW "comfort seat", it does not lock you into one position, it won't trap the tail end of a long jacket, you can also move around easier on it in the twisty sections.
If you don't like the custom seat, you are out a lot of money. If you don't like the Airhawk you can sell it for a little less than what you paid for it no problem.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #29
LewisNClark
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 971
Good advice

I've had Corbin and Sargent now, but always rely on my AirHawk (medium) for all long trips. Never have had a problem with rain on the Airhawk and have ridden in some downpours. Have done many 700 mile days and for me the secret (as said earlier) is it needs minimal air, and on long trips I adjust the air a couple times a day.

You rarely hear complaints about the AirHawk..and when you do it is usually people that put too much air in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Today I went for my first ride without my Airhawk in 2 years.
6 hours on the F650GS without it reminded me of the sheer torture of the stock seat. Last time I do that, thanks.
Rain? No problem. In fact, the Airhawk flows the water out the sides around the bumps. It dries fast. You can also hurry that along by simply taking it out during a gas stop and giving it a shake.
I live and ride in Mexico and we get torrential rains just like in Costa Rica, in fact the rainy season is just ending and the Airhawk keeps doing its job.
You can pay upwards of $400 for a custom seat or downwards of $99 for a very good solution. If ventilation is important, the Airhwak has any custom seat beat right there. Unlike the BMW "comfort seat", it does not lock you into one position, it won't trap the tail end of a long jacket, you can also move around easier on it in the twisty sections.
If you don't like the custom seat, you are out a lot of money. If you don't like the Airhawk you can sell it for a little less than what you paid for it no problem.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #30
runnin4melife
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
I tried an airhawk for 3 days, could not stand it at all. I tried it on a variety of levels of air and everything. I felt disconnected from the bike, did not like that at all. A previous inmate stated that this is not a solution but essentially a bandaid until you get a good seat. Renazco is tremendous! long wait though :-(
runnin4melife is offline   Reply With Quote