Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #31
AviatorTroy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,520
I ride a 1200gs but I'm sure the seat sucks just as bad. I drank the Airhawk cool aid for a time, it does help, no doubt about it. There are a lot of things that go into the comfort level of a seat, and every butt is different. The two most important things I feel are the ability to slide around and relieve pressure points, and a little ventilation on the crack and jewel area. The Airhawk does allow both, but so does my 8 dollar bead cover I made from a car seat cover. And I feel it is 98% as good as the Airhawk was, in fact I haven't used it in six months since I went to the butt beads. I'm pretty sure a sheep pad would do the same thing too. It's all up to personal preference..
AviatorTroy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #32
DrRock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
I have an Airhawk 2 small cruiser on my F800. I bought it after 3000 km into a cross Canada trip. Now that I have one, I would never travel over two hours without one.

The advantage of the Airhawk over seat replacements is that you can quickly remove it. The factory seat is great off road and let's face it, this is what most of us bought the F800 for.

The Airhawk does remove you from the bike, and this is great for the long ride to the trail, but this sucks off road.

My recommendation is to buy an Airhawk and buy wider pegs ( to stand on off road ) with the money you save on replacing the seat entirely.

my 2 cents...
DrRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #33
murph76
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
renazco seat w air hawk

i have found that even with the renazco seat that after 3 or more hours of riding that the airhawk is a must have and i put about a 1/2 " of air in it and it definitely saves my 225 pound ass.
murph76 is offline   Reply With Quote