ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Some Assembly Required
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #91
Murphy Slaw
Beastly Adventurer
 
Murphy Slaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Illinois
Oddometer: 1,378
You're an animal......
Murphy Slaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #92
kajj OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
kajj's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: In northern Sweden
Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiMhi View Post
Kajj - I really like how your bike is coming along man. I will shoot you some pics of my new fairing which is sick looking- hoping to have the mounting done in a couple days. Might need to work something out for you,.
You got pm!
kajj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #93
kajj OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
kajj's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: In northern Sweden
Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw View Post
You're an animal......


kajj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:33 AM   #94
kojack
My Hardley is a POS
 
kojack's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: god's country, AKA. Newfoundland!
Oddometer: 970
friggin awesome buddy!....for a fairing...on ebay they were selling KTM fiberglass units for a good price, should mate up nicely to your set up....
kojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #95
kajj OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
kajj's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: In northern Sweden
Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack View Post
friggin awesome buddy!....for a fairing...on ebay they were selling KTM fiberglass units for a good price, should mate up nicely to your set up....
Thanks.

I`ll see what I can come up with for a fairing. Will do some more research this weekend.
kajj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #96
Albin
Adventurer
 
Albin's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Oddometer: 45
Very interesting, my brother has a Versys (with TKC80) and Im sure he likes your mods.....
Have just send him a link to your tread....






Ha Det!
__________________
Albin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #97
kajj OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
kajj's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: In northern Sweden
Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albin View Post
Very interesting, my brother has a Versys (with TKC80) and Im sure he likes your mods.....
Have just send him a link to your tread....






Ha Det!
hehe, ok thanks. I will participate in Adventure days 2013. So the bike can be seen there if there is interest.
kajj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #98
Albin
Adventurer
 
Albin's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajj View Post
hehe, ok thanks. I will participate in Adventure days 2013. So the bike can be seen there if there is interest.
Good, I will tell my brother rightaway!
We are going too (for the first time)

from Albin and Albin...... (Leif & Jan)
__________________
Albin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:12 AM   #99
kajj OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
kajj's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: In northern Sweden
Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albin View Post
Good, I will tell my brother rightaway!
We are going too (for the first time)

from Albin and Albin...... (Leif & Jan)
ok, good. It will be the first time I am there to. See you there.
kajj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:05 AM   #100
kajj OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
kajj's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: In northern Sweden
Oddometer: 191
Caliper adapter: Part 3.

Finally had some time to complete the design of the caliper adapter.
Now I only have to check all measurements again and then fabricate it.





I also designed a cover plate which will cover the side of the front hub where the second brake disc was mounted.
kajj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #101
2fast4u
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Tennessee
Oddometer: 740
Like the way your bike is turning out. I made a caliber bracket for my build out of 4" angle iron .Cut one side off and shimmed to fit. i have put 3500 miles on it with no problems. My bike is not as nice as yours but it is a blast to ride and beat the hell out of.


2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #102
kajj OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
kajj's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: In northern Sweden
Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
Like the way your bike is turning out. I made a caliber bracket for my build out of 4" angle iron .Cut one side off and shimmed to fit. i have put 3500 miles on it with no problems. My bike is not as nice as yours but it is a blast to ride and beat the hell out of.


Thanks.

nicely done!

Simple and cheap solution.
kajj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #103
Rhyno
PrsnalityAccentuator
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: 1000 Miles from nowhere.....
Oddometer: 87
Nice build and video! Thanks for sharing....

-Rhyno
__________________
I make all of the idiots cry.....Their personal insecurity depicts the size/childness of their remarks and replies......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
But, if I "all of a sudden disappear.... ...." hopefully I didn't suffer too much....
Rhyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:30 AM   #104
Bart1
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Wales, UK
Oddometer: 43
Great build and the vid was excellent.

I have a V and have done the DL wheel swap but not the DRZ forks yet.....but was wondering how your V was to ride compared to your friends XT660Z in the video, I used to have a XT660R which was great except for the engine on long road sections.

Looking forward to your next mods.
Bart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #105
kajj OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
kajj's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: In northern Sweden
Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart1 View Post
Great build and the vid was excellent.

I have a V and have done the DL wheel swap but not the DRZ forks yet.....but was wondering how your V was to ride compared to your friends XT660Z in the video, I used to have a XT660R which was great except for the engine on long road sections.

Looking forward to your next mods.
I have only tried out the XT660Z for a ahort section of gravel. No sand or trails yet. What I can say is that the
suspension of the XT660Z felt smoother over the potholes. But thas was when I where riding the Versys with the
original suspension. We will see how they compare next summer with the new suspension on the Versys.

I think it`s going to be awsome with the new suspenion, and the XT660Z will eat dust
kajj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014