User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
gear_head OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Mobile Warming Battery Operated Heated Gear

We are happy to announce that we are now carrying the Ansai Mobile Warming line of heated apparel. A great feature with these items is that they are self-contained, battery operated with no connections to the bike. This not only makes it more convenient to use, it allows you to use the items very easily even in non-motorcycling conditions such as sporting events or driving. The jacket liner also allows great freedom and flexibility of movement and looks great as a casual jacket. I could not believe how small the battery is and the battery is also the controller. You can expect 10 hrs use on 25% power. And it gets HOT, so I usually only crank it up on high for a few minutes and then turn it down. Accessories are available such as spare batteries, including a higher capacity one (obviously bigger in size) to dual chargers, which allow you to charge more than 1 battery (the gloves come with this). The included battery/controller is only 2 ¾” long by 1 ¾” wide and ¾” thick and fits in its own pocket within one of the hand-warmer pockets so you don’t loose any carrying capacity. Sizes are up to 3X in the jacket, vest and gloves.
  • The Carboflex® 4-way stretch high breathable, waterproof fabric provides additional flexibility needed in active outdoor sports
  • Designed to be used for layering or worn on it's own
  • Features three heating panels lined with steel alloy fiber elements
  • Optimum placement with two panels on the chest and one on the back provide quick warm-up and even distribution of heat where you need it most
  • Includes one 7.4V 2.2Ah rechargeable lithium-ion battery and charger
  • Battery features built-in 4-level thermo-regulating controls
  • Provides up to 10 hours of comfortable warmth while enjoying favorite outdoor activities
  • Reaches a max. surface temperature of 135°F at full power
  • Fleece lined collar
  • Adjustable hem drawcord
Call me direct x. 2021 for best service on these items!

Doug Posner
Competition Accessories
800-543-3535
EXT 2021
dposner@compacc.com
www.compacc.com

Call or Go Online Today for the Lowest Prices and the Great Service on all your Motorcycle Gear

[/font]
gear_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
gear_head OP
Gnarly Adventurer

More Info

Battery Specifications:
  • Power Source: 7V 2.2Ah lithium-ion battery
  • Current: 1.0A Watts: 15.0W
  • Surface Temp: 135°F
  • Weight: 0.24 lbs

100%Power setting 135°F Can be used 2 .5hours

75%Power setting 120°F Can be used 3hours

50%Power setting 105°F Can be used 5hours

25%Power setting 90°F Can be used 10hours
  • Failure to charge battery prior to use will reduce battery life.
  • it is important to maintain at least 25% of your battery power when not in use. Failure to do this will result in performance problems and reduced battery life.

Limited lifetime warranty on electrical components. 2 years on non-electrical components, materials & workmanship. Battery and charger warranty is 90 days.

Doug Posner
Competition Accessories
800-543-3535
Ext. 2021
dposner@compacc.com
www.compacc.com
Old 12-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
52edub
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Great service and price from Doug. Thanks.
matt
52edub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #4
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 8,970
How much do replacement batteries run?

These look pretty much identical to the CoreHeat gloves that I have, and I now have two bad batteries.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #5
gear_head OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
How much do replacement batteries run?

These look pretty much identical to the CoreHeat gloves that I have, and I now have two bad batteries.
The 2.2 AH batteries are $35.99 each.

No reported problems so far, we've sold a bunch.

Thanks Matt for your order!!
Old 01-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #6
ZigZagMoto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
car charger option

Is there a mobile charger available? Just wondering if you can charge/heat while you ride to extend battery life.

-ZigZag
ZigZagMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
JTT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,505
Do the vests/gloves/liner have a low voltage cutout? This prevents battery from being discharged too low and ruining it.
JTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #8
gear_head OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZagMoto View Post
Is there a mobile charger available? Just wondering if you can charge/heat while you ride to extend battery life.

-ZigZag
As far as I can tell from this description no, unfortunately you can't:

http://www.mobilewarminggear.com/201...echnology.html

http://www.mobilewarminggear.com/201...tructions.html

Thanks,

Doug
Old 01-28-2014, 09:01 PM   #9
causef0rconcern
Rift Explorer

Hello, old thread. Question: Has anyone rigged up a way to run the jacket directly from their bike? Is there a cheap way to regulate the power coming off the bike so it would work with the heating elements? This question is coming from a guy with basically no understanding of electrical systems... but it seems like a good idea, if it could be done for a fraction of the cost of buying a plug-in jacket. I love this jacket and use it for for than just motorcycling, so it would be nice if I could use it for longer motorcycle rides (hardwired) on "high" and also on bicycle commutes, etc.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:56 AM   #10
L.B.S.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by causef0rconcern View Post
Hello, old thread. Question: Has anyone rigged up a way to run the jacket directly from their bike? Is there a cheap way to regulate the power coming off the bike so it would work with the heating elements? This question is coming from a guy with basically no understanding of electrical systems... but it seems like a good idea, if it could be done for a fraction of the cost of buying a plug-in jacket. I love this jacket and use it for for than just motorcycling, so it would be nice if I could use it for longer motorcycle rides (hardwired) on "high" and also on bicycle commutes, etc.

From a fellow non-electrical dude- (who also has Mobile Warming gloves and wondered the same thing)

I would imagine all one would need to do is find a method to step down 12v to 7.4v via transformer or voltage regulator.

http://www.pololu.com/product/2572

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/dc-voltage-controller

If you didn't mind a bit of Rube Goldberg effect and maybe some inefficiency , couldn't you plug in a 12v DC to 110v AC adapter via a common 12V power outlet, plug in the Ansai wall charger, buy one spare 7.4v battery, and have one charging all the time on the bike as you ride? That way, you could simply swap out for fresh when needed.

I have my Wolfman Rainier tank bag set up with an SAE pigtail bulkhead fitting, and charge up stuff inside it while riding, just like that.
L.B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote