Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #361
sallydog
no more Green KLR

Oddometer: 5,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVwanaB View Post

BTW,,,,,
Is that an oxymoron when a guy who straps a big ass Adventure bike onto his camper bus, and drives 2 hours from home to ride an adventure run,
calls a guy with a 650DS bike and a tent strapped onto it a "Pussy"?
LOL
It's OK Sally, i understand.

thats so i dont have to run 2 hours back home when my clothes get wet
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #362
Tammy
Team 2nd Wind

Oddometer: 1,454
http://contour.com/stories/the-hill--8

One of the vids I'll have more up later
AMA / CJCR / ECEA
In a world that what we want is only what we want until it's ours
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #363
Mark_O
Drain Bamaged

Oddometer: 15,490
Steve Update

I just got off the phone with Twistn'roads Steve. It seems the other Steve was tackled by a deer. He broke two bones in his shoulder, 7 ribs and has a punctured lung. He probably has a concussion as well. He had surgery today on his shoulder and will probably be in the hospital for a couple of days.
If you want to contact dieselpower Steve, to wish him a speedy recovery, shoot me a PM.

Somebody needs to start killing those damn wood rats.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #364
msmetz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 430
Hope he heals up quickly. I like the idea of a Venison buffet. seems a hunting trip is in order.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #365
Twistn'roads
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Home safe but rattled.......

As you have all heard, Steve was knocked from his motorcycle by a leaping deer on our ride home yesterday morning just north of Benton, PA. He was literally blind sided and did not see it coming. He hit his head very hard as he, the bike and the deer tumbled down the road. Lucky for Steve, the first folks to come onto the scene included a nurse (Deb) who quickly and effectively took control of the situation. Steve had to be life flighted to the Geisinger medical center in Danville, PA. He suffered a broken clavicle, scapula, 7 ribs and a small puncture to his lung. Bob, Deb's husband, helped us clean up Steve's belongings and motorcycle and trailer them to their home in Benton. Steve's wife and brother-in-law drove down through the night and we met them at the hospital this morning. We were able to get Steve's motorcycle loaded onto his brother-in-laws truck for transportation back to Canada. Steve is awaiting surgery to have some hardware installed into his shoulder. He will probably be in Danville until Friday. Steve is in good spirits and receiving excellent care. This could have been far worse. I hope that I never have to witness something like this again. Ride safe everyone.

I want to give a big shout out to Bob and Deb Antanitis of Colonel Ricketts Hard Cider Winery in Benton, PA. The assistance and caring support they gave complete strangers is overwhelming. Next time any of you happen to pass their business in Benton, stop in and say hello and even try their cider.

The Canadian contingency just want to say..... HOLY SMOKIN' HOLE! You folks sure know how to to put together a great event. It was great to meet and ride with you all. I know I can speak for Steve as well. I look forward to next years rally!

I will post up some pictures soon...........

~TR~

Twistn'roads screwed with this post 06-04-2012 at 05:25 PM
Twistn'roads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #366
tommu56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistn'roads View Post
Home safe but rattled.......

As you have all heard, Steve was knocked from his motorcycle by a leaping deer on our ride home yesterday morning just north of Benton, PA. He was literally blind sided and did not see it coming. He hit his head very hard as he, the bike and the deer tumbled down the road. Lucky for Steve, the first folks to come onto the scene included a nurse (Deb) who quickly and effectively took control of the situation. Steve had to be life flighted to the Geisinger medical center in Danville, PA. He suffered a broken clavicle, scapula, 7 ribs and a small puncture to his lung. Bob, Deb's husband, helped us clean up Steve's belongings and motorcycle and trailer them to their home in Benton. Steve's wife and brother-in-law drove down through the night and we met them at the hospital this morning. We were able to get Steve's motorcycle loaded onto his brother-in-laws truck for transportation back to Canada. Steve is awaiting surgery to have some hardware installed into his shoulder. He will probably be in Danville until Friday. I hope that I never have to witness something like this again. Ride safe everyone.

I want to give a big shout out to Bob and Deb Antanitis of Colonel Ricketts Winery in Benton, PA. The assistance and caring support they gave complete strangers is overwhelming. Next time any of you happen to pass their business in Benton (Colonel Ricketts Hard Cider Winery), stop in and say hello and even try their cider.

The Canadian contingency just want to say..... HOLY SMOKIN' HOLE! You folks sure know how to to put together a great event. It was great to meet and ride with you all. I know I can speak for Steve as well. I look forward to next years rally!

I will post up some pictures soon...........

~TR~
I'd like to suggest a stop at the Winery on the ride next year for all of us to say thanks!

Tom
tommu56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #367
martinh
SSYSO Recruiter

Oddometer: 244
Hope Steve heals fast, my thoughts for hime and his family. We should make a run to the Winery next year with Steve and give them a big thanks.
XR650L K6 Sold
martinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #368
Hevy Kevy
ADDRider

Oddometer: 182
Steve

It's been quite a weekend. A few months ago, I was surfing the adv site and came up with the Smokin Hole. Because of it, I met the 2 Steves for the first time last Friday morning at US customs. We thought it would be cool to hook up and ride down together....what an adventure it would be. So the four of us, including Larry on the ST1300, are heading back home to Canada on Sunday, cruising the beautiful backroads of PA, when a two year old buck took him out. Usually you hit the deer, but this fuckin thing came at him from the left. He never saw it.. and tried to leap over him.; it was totally in the air when it hit him. He hit a rock enbankment head first, his Shoei saved his life. You have the other details, but I really just wanted to thank Dave for all the work it takes to put this on, and for providing me the opportunity to meet fantastic new friends. Also for offering a " whatever it takes " when I asked him to help us get Steves wreck back to Canada. I have travelled the world and have had the good fortune of meeting a lot of great people, but you guys top them all. For some reason, I have been blessed with meeting great people. My door is open to each and every one of you, I look forward to seeing you all again.
Kevin Warren

Live every day like it is your last.
Hevy Kevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #369
Mark_O
Drain Bamaged

Oddometer: 15,490
Having met and gotten to know scores of people on ADV, I can tell you that you met only one group of the finest people you'll ever meet in your life. I met Steve and Steve two years ago at BYOB.
Get out and get to some ADV gatherings and you'll make some life long friendships that extend beyond ADV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevy Kevy View Post
It's been quite a weekend. A few months ago, I was surfing the adv site and came up with the Smokin Hole. Because of it, I met the 2 Steves for the first time last Friday morning at US customs. We thought it would be cool to hook up and ride down together....what an adventure it would be. So the four of us, including Larry on the ST1300, are heading back home to Canada on Sunday, cruising the beautiful backroads of PA, when a two year old buck took him out. Usually you hit the deer, but this fuckin thing came at him from the left. He never saw it.. and tried to leap over him.; it was totally in the air when it hit him. He hit a rock enbankment head first, his Shoei saved his life. You have the other details, but I really just wanted to thank Dave for all the work it takes to put this on, and for providing me the opportunity to meet fantastic new friends. Also for offering a " whatever it takes " when I asked him to help us get Steves wreck back to Canada. I have travelled the world and have had the good fortune of meeting a lot of great people, but you guys top them all. For some reason, I have been blessed with meeting great people. My door is open to each and every one of you, I look forward to seeing you all again.
Kevin Warren

Old 06-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #370
Old_Lion
Crotchety Biker

Oddometer: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommu56 View Post
I'd like to suggest a stop at the Winery on the ride next year for all of us to say thanks!
Tom
I'll second that.

http://www.colonelrickettshardciderw...irections.html

George

Plug and Plug.
Old_Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:14 AM   #371
form51
CRF230L

Oddometer: 15
form51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #372
tommu56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,298
abandoned dam??

On Sunday some of you went for a ride to an abandoned dam were is it at I'd like to go see it.

tom
tommu56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #373
sallydog
no more Green KLR

Oddometer: 5,435
Lets see pictures of the deer... Did you get titanium, stainless, or galvanized?
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #374
dgrs2 OP
Where'd I leave my knee??

Oddometer: 1,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommu56 View Post

Tom
Ditto.

Smokin Hole Rally creator

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767567
dgrs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #375
dgrs2 OP
Where'd I leave my knee??

Oddometer: 1,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevy Kevy View Post
Kevin Warren

I think for next years Rally I'll have venison on the menu! Speedy recovery to Steve. Kevin i received your message. I was at my daughters graduation. Not sure if you receive text's or not. I did shoot one off to you. I know his bike and equipment are back home. The offer still stands for any help you guys need. Keep us all posted.

Smokin Hole Rally creator

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767567
dgrs2 is offline   Reply With Quote