User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,700
New Mexico Trials Association Twinshock class update

I bring good news for those wanting a solid Twinshock class in the New Mexico Trials Association.

The "split" classes that did not sit well with some of the Twinshock competitors last year has been eliminated. The club voted to go back to the traditional dedicated lines (for both Lower and Upper classes) in our year-end banquet held last month. Also, new NMTA President Lance Butler (along with the NMTA Board's blessing) has agreed to have the Twinshock class be recognized with event and year-end awards for those who win and place. Last year there were no event medals for winners, nor year-end plaques given. That has changed.

I'm pushing pretty hard to have the Twinshock class succeed here in New Mexico. Towards that end, I have dedicated myself to ride Twinshock "A" this year, parking my beloved 4RT Montesa. I already competed in Twinshock "B" on the Team TY80 in our first event this year (low score of the event - 8 points total, riding the Novice line), and ADV's Lineaway rode Twinshock "A" on his Cota 347 on the Intermediate line beating the Intermediate competitors by a wide margin. I plan on riding my crappy '86-'87 Reflex known as OJ (for Outright Junk) for the rest of the year.

In order for the class to succeed, we need competitors willing to ride Twinshock here in New Mexico. Lineaway and I cannot make up the class all by ourselves. I have some positive feedback from the stalwart New Mexico Twinshock competitors such as John Holbrook, Jimmy Allison (and his crew), etc. but the more the merrier. If no one shows up, or it fizzles during the year, the class will die. I would sure hate to see that, as I feel that there are more than a few vintage Trials junkies wanting a place to compete here. NMTA is making a home for you, if you are willing.

Tell your friends and neighbors. Drag that twinshock dinosaur out of the shed. Come ride against Lineaway (bring your A-game), or me (should be no problem for even the shakiest of beginners). You won't regret it!

brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
lamotovita
Ageing Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,335
Can you explain the classes? What was the "split"? Are the classes now the novice and int. lines or dedicated vintage lines?
Old 02-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
brewtus OP
Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer: 2,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamotovita View Post
Can you explain the classes? What was the "split"? Are the classes now the novice and int. lines or dedicated vintage lines?

Twinshock competitors had (and still have) their choices of what lines to ride. Most Twin "B" guys chose Novice, while the "A" guys would ride either Amateur or Elite, depending on the severity of the Trial. Last year NMTA tried "split" classes, with Novice riding 1/2 Beginner lines and 1/2 Amateur lines, and Elite riding 1/2 Amateur lines and 1/2 Intermediate lines. Not only was this hard to set by long-time NMTA Trialsmasters, it did not always work out too well. This has been eliminated this year, with Novice having it's own dedicated line and the Elite class going away (there were only 2 semi-active competitors left at the end of the year). The Lower class structure went back to the traditional Beginner, Novice, Amateur, and Intermediate classes that NMTA has had for years. Only magnificent Trials gods such as Lineaway would ride a twinshocker in the Upper classes.

The NMTA Twinshock class is run by modern Trials rules (stop/balance OK, not no-stop) as to not confound the scorers who are not familiar with Vintage Trials rules. There are currently no Twinshock-only lines. Getting the Twinshock class going is still in it's infancy with NMTA. If (and when! ) the class grows, NMTA will accommodate it.
brewtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,080
Some of us will be at turkey rock next weekend. I hear some damn kids are tearing the place apart this weekend. I guess I`ll have to go CLEAN it up next weekend!
http://blackcatvintagetrials.com/201...a-coming-.aspx
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote