ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #46
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Oddometer: 2,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveg View Post
I'm going to try to make it again as I'm located so close (sorta). Now I live in Kansas City and have a real job.. buying a house again.

Hopefully I'll be able to make the 8 hour drive on my F650gs. Unfortunately, I've been working 7 days a week and have canceled all my other trips I've had planned this summer, but hopefully things will be a little bit under more control.

What's the temp there at night in late July?

Look fwd to seeing all you FFs!

No, it's not a Harley , it's a BMW.
Nata Harli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #47
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrell caesar View Post
We will try to camp near there. My son William will be with me. May be on 2 Gs Is that the plural?
I'm on a black 1200GS with Touratech panniers and a Panama license plate. Hope to make contact with you and your son at MOA.

If it's still as hot as hell (and, that's almost a guarantee in mid-July) my friend and I probably won't come until Friday if I can talk him into it.

I probably won't then leave for Oshkosh until Tuesday (maybe even Wednesday depending on when that friend can leave). Don't know what your plans are but you 2 are welcome to crash at my place in KC for a few nights.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #48
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Updated post #1 to show who I think will be showing up. Let me know if I missed anyone.

Hope we get more but we'll have a great time as always.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #49
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgeon View Post
Well, this FF (friendly frozen) neighbour to the north (east, actually, in relation to WI) would come, but I'll be up north of there somewhere in a canoe on those dates. It's what we do when we aren't riding somewhere
Maybe next year.

We need some of our Frozen Friends from the north in attendance. (Allan, that means you!) Hope you can make it next year.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #50
Doogle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
I am assuming Throttlemeister will be there. He's home. He's got the most up to date info from SA. He has a little pain in his leg. We have bottled medicines that will make him feel good and want to ride. ADVenture Rider!!!!
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #51
Doogle
Studly Adventurer

Hey Ken,what has changed this year? Just noticed the last 2 rallyes had 7 times as many replys and 12 times as many views. Are we suddenly a bad cult that nobody wants to associate with? Or did you say something again to piss everybody off? Did you tell everyone that there was free booze and naked girls there.I thought everyone knew that.I mean,we are meeting at a nudist colony. DAH
Old 07-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #52
bananaman
transcontimental

Oddometer: 6,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogle View Post
Hey Ken,what has changed this year? Just noticed the last 2 rallyes had 7 times as many replys and 12 times as many views. Are we suddenly a bad cult that nobody wants to associate with? Or did you say something again to piss everybody off? Did you tell everyone that there was free booze and naked girls there.I thought everyone knew that.I mean,we are meeting at a nudist colony. DAH
Sorry, but the lack of luster is my fault. Even though my dad died a couple of weeks ago, the rallye is still on. On account of being close to everything we need, I haven't prepared anything. I did build a new road to get to the top of the hill where I thought we could camp, but on account of the drought the sand is going to be too soft for anything other than an ATV to get up there. But there are other places to camp, and we'll be fine.

I have resolved to not be bummed about anything, starting tomorrow.

And yes, there will be naked girls and we'll be spending every day with the nudists. I even have a canoe, which is the best way to sneak up on them.

-Max

ps: WTF? Why is this in Central, and not Latin America???
bananaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #53
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogle View Post
Doug,
In previous years I made a posting in ALL the regional threads. This year there is a "no cross posting" rule (might have been there before, I don't know) and they shit canned all my posts in the other regional threads. I don't know how to get around it. So, the news of our "little" rally didn't get out as much as in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaman View Post
Sorry, but the lack of luster is my fault. Even though my dad died a couple of weeks ago, the rallye is still on. On account of being close to everything we need, I haven't prepared anything. I did build a new road to get to the top of the hill where I thought we could camp, but on account of the drought the sand is going to be too soft for anything other than an ATV to get up there. But there are other places to camp, and we'll be fine.

I have resolved to not be bummed about anything, starting tomorrow.

And yes, there will be naked girls and we'll be spending every day with the nudists. I even have a canoe, which is the best way to sneak up on them.

-Max

ps: WTF? Why is this in Central, and not Latin America???
Max,
I guess when they shit-canned all my "cross posts" they decided to leave the post in the Central thread instead of the Latin American thread where I started it and where it has been in every year in the past. I missed that, just assumed the original post was still in the Latin American forum.

I will also have to take some of the blame. I'm just not as active on ADV as I used to be. Seems it has gotten way to big and impossible to keep up with anything any more. Maybe we need to look at a new spot for publicizing our event next year.

I think I might go over to HU and make a post there. Can't hurt at this stage of the game.

Anyway, with the FFs we have coming and all the nekid girlz we will have a good time!

See you all next week.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #54
bananaman
transcontimental

Hi Ken

I'll move the cattle out of the big pasture, in case anyone wants to camp there, but we're not going to be able to have a campfire. Unless we get about 2 inches of rain. We're in a dangerous drought, and it wouldn't take much to light the whole woods on fire.

I agree with how big advrider has gotten. It's just not the same anymore. Yes, post something on HU.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #55
nickel512
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
I have just heard of the larr and want to go as I am planning to travel SB 9/2012. How do I sign up?
Nick
nickel512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #56
bananaman
transcontimental

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickel512 View Post
I have just heard of the larr and want to go as I am planning to travel SB 9/2012. How do I sign up?
Nick
Send PM's to me and Nata Harli. It's not far from Hudson to Boaz.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #57
Doogle
Studly Adventurer

[QUOTE=bananaman;19147046]Hi Ken

I'll move the cattle out of the big pasture, in case anyone wants to camp there.

================================================== =============

The cattle can go.But I hope you leave several sheep there. Just in case.

Hey,if it's just 3 of us,I don't see a problem.I've been broken down on the side of the road with a friend and a bottle of Captain Morgan and had a great time.As with all things- do the best with what you got.

Max,sorry about your dad.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #58
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Posted on HU

Just made a couple of postings over on Horizons Unlimited's site. I'm hoping they don't have any problems about "cross posting" and we'll see some of our friends from over there.

Just as an aside, I hadn't been to their site for a while because I thought it was poorly designed and very hard to navigate. Well, they've made some vast improvements in their site and I plan on spending a lot more time over there from now on. I think their members tend to be more "dedicated" as opposed to all the "posers" we now have on this site.

I know it's not the admin's fault, it's just the price you pay for success. Maybe I'll change my mind after using HU for a while but I'm going to give it a shot.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #59
GSABest
El Adventurero

Oddometer: 320
Hi Ken. Just thought I'd say hi. Haven't been to a rallye in a cpl years since I've been down here in Manzanillo. Hope you guys have a great time...

Marc Lemieux

Past Rides: 1990 VFR 750 (2007 - sold to my son), 2000 RC51 (2000 - 2003), 1990 VFR 750 (1996 - 1999), 1989 Yamaha TDR250 (1998 - 1999), 1989 NT650 Hawk GT x 2 (1998 - 1999), 1982 Honda Interstate (1982 - 1983), 1981 Honda CB900F (1981 - 1982), 1980 Honda CB900 Custom (1980 - 1981), 1978 Kawasaki KZ650 C2 Custom (1978), 1974 Kawasaki 400 Triple, 1976 Honda XL 250
GSABest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #60
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSABest View Post
Hi Ken. Just thought I'd say hi. Haven't been to a rallye in a cpl years since I've been down here in Manzanillo. Hope you guys have a great time...

Marc Lemieux
Marc,

Really good to hear from you. Glad to hear you're still living the good life!

Those were good times when you and Chris were there. Miss you both.

Ken