ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #61
bananaman
transcontimental

Oddometer: 6,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveg View Post
I'm going to try to make it again as I'm located so close (sorta). Now I live in Kansas City and have a real job.. buying a house again.

Hopefully I'll be able to make the 8 hour drive on my F650gs. Unfortunately, I've been working 7 days a week and have canceled all my other trips I've had planned this summer, but hopefully things will be a little bit under more control.

What's the temp there at night in late July?

Look fwd to seeing all you FFs!
Hi Dave. I'm just getting caught up on internet stuff and advrider stuff. The weather lately is the same as in Kansas. Or Missouri. I mean misery. It could be HOT. It could almost snow. It'll be great for barbecue.
bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #62
bananaman
transcontimental

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSABest View Post
Hi Ken. Just thought I'd say hi. Haven't been to a rallye in a cpl years since I've been down here in Manzanillo. Hope you guys have a great time...

Marc Lemieux
Hi Marc. Don't you have a big GS? You could be up to Wisconsin in a day. Two, tops. You have to come. You have secrets that we'll keep. Also I can teach you how to ride your big GS up a big hill and then through a cattle stream.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #63
lxmary
Dirty Girl

Oddometer: 283
*** strip club*** tell me more about this fascinating Rallye... There is bikini bikewash in Madison July 28 y'all might find interresting... but if the entertainment is better up there in Richland Center I may be convinced to forego having my bike washed-again.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:11 PM   #64
Doogle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
Max,
Any problem if I get there Thursday night?
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #65
bananaman
transcontimental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogle View Post
Max,
Any problem if I get there Thursday night?
You'll have the house to yourself.

There's one injured calf, in a stall in the barn. He can always use another flake of hay.

My number is 515-6382. Area code 608.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #66
bananaman
transcontimental

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxmary View Post
*** strip club*** tell me more about this fascinating Rallye... There is bikini bikewash in Madison July 28 y'all might find interresting... but if the entertainment is better up there in Richland Center I may be convinced to forego having my bike washed-again.
There might be pole dancing at The Lonesome Dove... in Boaz.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #67
GSABest
El Adventurero

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nata Harli View Post
Marc,

Really good to hear from you. Glad to hear you're still living the good life!

Those were good times when you and Chris were there. Miss you both.

Ken
I've been here almost 3 years. Uff! Still trying to get some things sorted out with respect to ex. But life is good here. Have a wonderful beautiful girlfriend here. If you are in the area please look me up.

Marc

Past Rides: 1990 VFR 750 (2007 - sold to my son), 2000 RC51 (2000 - 2003), 1990 VFR 750 (1996 - 1999), 1989 Yamaha TDR250 (1998 - 1999), 1989 NT650 Hawk GT x 2 (1998 - 1999), 1982 Honda Interstate (1982 - 1983), 1981 Honda CB900F (1981 - 1982), 1980 Honda CB900 Custom (1980 - 1981), 1978 Kawasaki KZ650 C2 Custom (1978), 1974 Kawasaki 400 Triple, 1976 Honda XL 250
GSABest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #68
bananaman
transcontimental

More Details:

If you're coming, and you haven't confirmed with Nata Harli, then at least confirm with me. I'll also send you a PM with my phone number.

If for some reason you get lost, go to Boaz, to a bar called The Lonesome Dove. Everyone there knows me as Max, a guy from Madison who bought the Luttig Farm and is raising beef.

There's still a burn-ban, but I have one of those covered campfire dealios thingies. We can have a campfire as long as we keep it under control.

As to exactly where to set up camp, it'll depend on what people are riding. The best place is in the woods, but if you're on a Harli (Doogle?) or a straight-up street bike, you might not want to cross the stream to get there. Dirt bikes and solid enduros can get up the dirt road to the upper pasture, but I'm not taking my GS up there. The dirt is too soft and the road is too steep.

Otherwise, there's the yard and the barn, and of course the house itself. It'd be easy to set up tents in the hay loft, or just put a sleeping bag down in the hay. Except for the spiders. I don't like spiders.

I haven't done any grocery shopping. If I have a good head count, I'll get some good meat and stuff from the locker in Richland Center. Otherwise, we can get burgers at The Lonesome Dove. There's a nice place in Soldiers Grove, too- just a quick 20 minute ride away. Beer and stuff is available at the Cenex just around the corner, literally 5 minutes from the farm.

I didn't rent a portapotty. There's a bathroom in the house. On account of this being a farm, outside urination is normal. Just don't pee on my mother's flower bed. Really brave souls can use the outhouse by the barn.

Ken usually chimes in around now. I think he's at the airshow in Oshkosh.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #69
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Oddometer: 2,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaman View Post
Ken usually chimes in around now. I think he's at the airshow in Oshkosh.
Not yet. Back home after going to the BMW MOA rally. Been looking at the weather forecast and looks like a lot of rain in the forecast. If that continues, I'm probably not going to the airshow but will go directly to Boaz on Wednesday or Thursday.

I might even drive if the weather cast is still bad. I can carry a lot more stuff and, if acceptable, might bring my dog. Hate to say, but his name is Max. He came pre-named when I inherited him from my sister. He'd love it there if it's OK with everyone else. If not, I've got a lot of folks locally who want him to stay with them. But, I've always thought we needed a mascot named Max.

No, it's not a Harley , it's a BMW.
Nata Harli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #70
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxmary View Post
Mary,

Bananaman told me you were going to be the entertainment!

Hope you can come.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #71
Nata Harli OP
The Accidental Tourista

Looks like we will have at least 10 or 11 for our rally. Should be enough to have a good time.

First post has been updated to show who I think will be coming. Haven't heard from Throttlemeister yet but I'm not counting him out yet, broken leg or not.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #72
bananaman
transcontimental

Dogs are welcome. My two dogs will be there. Pi, a 10 month old female Lab, supposedly purebred but I'm not sure; and Apollo, an 11 year old, absolutely obviously purebred.

I kinda like the idea of Ken not-riding, but what ever happened to the Ural? Dogs fit in urals.

Add four horses and 67 steers and one kinda-pregnant cat.

I'm going to let all of you decide where to actually sleep. The only places you won't want to sleep will be the 25 acres where the steers are now, and the 7 acres where the horses are. If anybody can get to the upper meadow, they're welcome to it. If we decide on the 60 acre pasture, just remember to keep the gates closed. Although I have 67 steers, I've only been able to count 66. The last time the 67th was seen, he was in the 60 acre pasture.

As for attendees, I'm not sure how many guests I'll have. Maybe one or two. Unfortunately, ever since LARR Number 1, I've been telling stories, and now everybody is scared.

I tried to get Barb to come, but she can't. I can't remember her excuse, but it sounded legit.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #73
Doogle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
[QUOTE=Nata Harli;19194286]Not yet. Back home after going to the BMW MOA rally. Been looking at the weather forecast and looks like a lot of rain in the forecast. If that continues, I'm probably not going to the airshow but will go directly to Boaz on Wednesday or Thursday.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Was that the BMW rally in Sedalia,Missouri? I drove through there Friday.Had to drive a hundred miles farther than I wanted since all rooms were full.I guess it must have been a national event.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #74
lxmary
Dirty Girl

Oddometer: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nata Harli View Post
Mary,

Bananaman told me you were going to be the entertainment!

Hope you can come.
I'm still on ccrutches. Broke my leg in May auditioning for the circus. . Not nearly as bendy as I used to be. One legged 'dancers' may be OK in some locales, but my union rep would break my other leg were I to touch a pole before I'm re-certified.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #75
bananaman
transcontimental

this rain is FUCKING AWESOME!!!

The drought was hard. It was hard on the cattle. It was hard on me. I'm short about 100 tons of hay. The hay prices have more than doubled- from less than $100/ton last year, to over $250/ton now.

What this rain means for you guys, though: we'll be able to have a camp fire. I had said we'd be needing a few inches of rain. We got .5 inches a couple of weeks ago. 1.5 inches last week. And now, today, another 2 inches! This is fucking awesome!

We might even be able to ride up my new road, up to the upper meadow!

Now excuse me while I go cut firewood.