Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #46
Jim Moore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by tugbutt View Post
Really, the man lost his daughter and wife and you're bitching about getting the models right. The bike got him through something I hope no one has to ever go through, I can't even imagine how that must have been. And you are bitching about the details. Unfu-----believable.
First day here? Brother, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Pay the lady, PirateJohn, you thieving piece of garbage.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Jim Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #47
chef_of_the_future
You talking to me?

Oddometer: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by tugbutt View Post
Really, the man lost his daughter and wife and you're bitching about getting the models right. The bike got him through something I hope no one has to ever go through, I can't even imagine how that must have been. And you are bitching about the details. Unfu-----believable.
Seriously...Lots of folks here who can pick fly shit out of pepper all f-ing day long!

2007 1200GS

chef_of_the_future screwed with this post 03-05-2012 at 09:33 AM Reason: Icon delete
chef_of_the_future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #48
Poolside
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogscout View Post

Go to page 19 of the April 2012 issue of Motorcyclist Magazine. They list a 2006 R1100GS as the motorcycle that changed Neil Peart's life. I'd say that it would change a lot of lives to have a 2006 R1100GS. Motorcyclist used to be a great publication back when Mitch ran the show, now its not so much. I mean how freaking simple can you get, and don't placate me with a "Yeah we were just looking to see if you were watching line". ADV has caught a lot of crap from Motorcyclist over the years, now its time to push back. This issue came with a paper cover saying boldly "This is your last issue" Yes it is. and I recommend you do the same now that the publisher, Marty Estes is also gone. (pg. 47)
it's

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #49
GS Addict
Pepperfool

Oddometer: 3,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneelOlivaw View Post
OP: As a proud owner of a 2005 BWM R2100SG, I couldn't agree with you more.
Slysdexia is a problem serious.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #50
TuefelHunden
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 587
My Two Cents

First and foremost I don't give a rat's behind about knowing every BMW model produced since the flood, nor do I care about a silly typo, if that is what it was. This comment is on Motorcyclist and various other U.S. Cycle Rags.
Been reading every US street oriented cycle rag since about 1965. I would grab Cycle, Cycle World, Cycle Guide as soon as they hit the stand. When Motorcyclist came along, IMO it became the best. It was very good up until Boehm left. I'm sure someone liked Catterson but I didn't care for him or the new direction that articles were heading. It didn't matter much because I had discovered Brit Bike Books Never could understand their humor or references to things purely UK, they understood what "I" wanted. Pic's of the bikes, tech facts not just to or three tidbits and honesty. Also, around that time I noticed that if one bike had an article on the latest and greatest from the manufacturers, they all had it either the same month or the next. Comments, all the same. If it was new, it was fantastic. The final straw for me on Catterson was the Dexter Ford thing. That says a lot for the guy.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #51
Dogscout OP
Been there done that

Oddometer: 1,379
Why I pointed it out

Look I'm just some anonymous prick hiding behind a funny name on an internet forum. I don't particularly think that entertainers should be worshiped any more than school teachers or mathematicians or nurses, so if some drummer has a motorbike well good for him, so do I. I do get mildly irritated when someone mocks me for what I ride, what I do, or who I associate with. I have ridden and done track-days with some of the former Motorcyclist staff along with many other bike industry people so I know or have met many of these guys. What irks me is that haughty attitudes usually are attached to dysfunctional people, and I'll point it out when I see it. I'll also point out when when some authority screws up as Motorcyclist did in this case, especially when it appears to be an indicator of declining responsibility and accuracy.

Overall I don't give a rats ass about them, thats yours to decide, call it trolling if you will.

Here is some more wisdom from motorcyclist. I've got to go call Touratech and recommend a new product.

The Ducati 848 EVO I was scheduled to ride was late to arrive, so I warmed up on a nearby Multistrada 1200S demo instead. Talk about "all roads" ability! Even with saddlebags, squirrelly Pirelli Scorpion Trail tires and curb-feeler footpegs, the meaga-strong Multistrada easily managed an A-group pace. Thank signores Testastretta, Brembo and Öhlins for that. So what if GS jockeys mock the road-biased Multi as a poser enduro? They'd also drink their own urine, if only Touratech sold a titanium collection device. If the majority of your adventures take place on asphalt-and especially if you're sized more like me than T.C.-the stronger, smoother, more sophisticated Multistrada 1200S is the superior choice. If graded dirt is as dirty as you plan to get, your ADV oval sticker belongs on the duck-billed Duck.

Read more: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/co...#ixzz1oHv1YeIT
Old 03-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #52
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,321
I'm in agreement with you on that Dogscout. Their condescending attitude has become very, very annoying.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #53
DaFoole
Lewddite at large...

Oddometer: 3,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef_of_the_future View Post
Seriously...Lots of folks here who can pick fly shit out of pepper all f-ing day long!

That there is a sig line!!!!

Old 03-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #54
qman8
GS09

Oddometer: 513
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogscout View Post
Look I'm just some anonymous prick hiding behind a funny name on an internet forum. I don't particularly think that entertainers should be worshiped any more than school teachers or mathematicians or nurses, so if some drummer has a motorbike well good for him, so do I. I do get mildly irritated when someone mocks me for what I ride, what I do, or who I associate with. I have ridden and done track-days with some of the former Motorcyclist staff along with many other bike industry people so I know or have met many of these guys. What irks me is that haughty attitudes usually are attached to dysfunctional people, and I'll point it out when I see it. I'll also point out when when some authority screws up as Motorcyclist did in this case, especially when it appears to be an indicator of declining responsibility and accuracy.

Overall I don't give a rats ass about them, thats yours to decide, call it trolling if you will.

Here is some more wisdom from motorcyclist. I've got to go call Touratech and recommend a new product.

The Ducati 848 EVO I was scheduled to ride was late to arrive, so I warmed up on a nearby Multistrada 1200S demo instead. Talk about "all roads" ability! Even with saddlebags, squirrelly Pirelli Scorpion Trail tires and curb-feeler footpegs, the meaga-strong Multistrada easily managed an A-group pace. Thank signores Testastretta, Brembo and Öhlins for that. So what if GS jockeys mock the road-biased Multi as a poser enduro? They'd also drink their own urine, if only Touratech sold a titanium collection device. If the majority of your adventures take place on asphalt-and especially if you're sized more like me than T.C.-the stronger, smoother, more sophisticated Multistrada 1200S is the superior choice. If graded dirt is as dirty as you plan to get, your ADV oval sticker belongs on the duck-billed Duck.

Read more: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/co...#ixzz1oHv1YeIT
Took a ride on the strada. Awesome sportbike in upright form, but that thing has fragile plastic everywhere. I'd love to own one but i'd prob kill myself right after i killed my savings account replacing all the broken bits.
qman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #55
Dogscout OP
Been there done that

not him again

I think that the Strada is a great bike for what it is. Three good riding friends have them, and I have watched one, ride it like no other sport bike, one ride it on a four corners touring ride and I saw one friend do an endo on the Trans Lab on one. The bike is fine for Deals Gap, and Great for a long touring ride. But that suspension and front wheel is crap in the gravel.

But back to the point of this.

Motorcyclist made a simple error that in the eyes of both myself and of a major Advertiser (see Bavarian Motor Werks) will end up as a total F'ed up situation for the poor schmuck who didn't proof read the copy.

You don't need an MBA to know that your customer is a finicky SOB who does not like errors in their copy. Look at Motorcyclist for the past 5 years and you can find errors in every issue. Thats unacceptable if I were paying them big advertising money. As it is I only buy a discounted subscription, but I am also not satisfied, like BMW will also be.

I know that CAT is reading this and no matter what some will say, it's not a personal issue, its about quality. Fix it. And don't malign your customer either. I'll put a oval ADV sticker where I want to and I'll spend my magazine money where I want to. Provide quality and maybe you'll get my money. BTW I'll only drink my own piss out of the proper Wunderlich container you bitch.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #56
lucky_strike
whose flux?

Oddometer: 2,657
jo-mama ?

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809561
lucky_strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #57
Callisto224
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
Wow, 4 pages of comments because of a typo!

And no, I didn't read them all!

2009 1200GS
Callisto224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #58
Dogscout OP
Been there done that

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_strike View Post
jo-mama ?
Probably!
Old 05-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #59
jjgres
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
You guys act like going downhill is a bad thing. It's much easier to work with gravity.
jjgres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #60
def
I've little to say

Oddometer: 8,871
My 2001 GS is an R1130GS....BMW has made 1000s of errors over the years.
def is offline   Reply With Quote