Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 01:59 AM   #91
gsd4me OP
90% bluff

Oddometer: 6,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms-oz View Post
how does we other end of the hydraulic brake look like?
This is the best I can do, but post #83 has a good shot as well.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...uild+australia
gsd4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #92
AirGsPd
Dream Rider

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD4ME View Post

This one?
This picture just made my jaw drop. That is absolutely beautiful! I thought I was doing a decent job working on my GS PD, but this is raising the bar in my mind for sure. Great bike!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #93
gsd4me OP
90% bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGsPd View Post
This picture just made my jaw drop. That is absolutely beautiful!

You`re right, it is a beautiful area, pity there`s a bloody motorcycle blocking the view.

I`m sure Bulldust will be here in due course to tell you the specs; they are quite impressive, and make the bike fast and reliable.

gsd4me screwed with this post 11-07-2012 at 12:19 AM
Old 11-07-2012, 02:03 AM   #94
Bulldust
Bulldust

Oddometer: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGsPd View Post
This picture just made my jaw drop. That is absolutely beautiful! I thought I was doing a decent job working on my GS PD, but this is raising the bar in my mind for sure. Great bike!

I started with a 1996 R100GSPD Classic, 35,000 kilometres, complete engine teardown, 1070 Seibenrock kit, long rod slipper pistons, asymmetric camshaft, 1982 RS big valve heads totally refurbished with new valves guides and valve gear and twin plugged, Aircraft carburettor floats. Large diameter stainless steel headers, & Y peice, (removed Cat) 450 watt alternator, heavy duty diode board, Gell Battery, Red Centre twin Hall Effect full electronic advance ignition system (my own design). http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823543 14.5 volt voltage regulator. Nippondenso starter motor. Full transmission rebuild, circlip mod, 5% lower first gear, 5% higher top gear, Seibenrock oil proof ceramic clutch, R1100 clutch spring. Fully rebuildable drive shaft. Ohlins rear shock. Digital volt metre. Stainless steel lowered footpegs, 1 inch bar risers, custom single seat, Parabellum Screen, HID headlight, Rigid Industries Dually D2 LED 2600 lumens Spotlights. 4 piston front BMW brake calliper (off a K1100) CNC machined alloy fork brace. Clear indicator lenses, Stainless Steel Air box clips, Custom Side stand. Goes real nice J

Bulldust screwed with this post 11-07-2012 at 02:18 AM
Bulldust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #95
igormortis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldust View Post
Aircraft carburettor floats
Tell me more about these, please? What's the pay-off here? Beautiful bike, by the way. With the spec sheet to match.
igormortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #96
Bulldust
Bulldust

Oddometer: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by igormortis View Post
Tell me more about these, please? What's the pay-off here? Beautiful bike, by the way. With the spec sheet to match.

http://www.bingcarburetor.com/bmw/cvaccessories.html

Bing make a lot of claims for these, I am yet to be able to varify any of the claims.
Bulldust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #97
gsd4me OP
90% bluff

As of 10 Nov

Since spy parrot has had his cover blown, Skippy has taken over. "What`s that Skip, The build is coming along nicely, but Ray would be better off if Dave wasn`t out there interrupting things".

When too many lights are never enough. Daytime running lights and BMW 800/1200 GS LED blinkers.

Typical attention to detail. Neat custom brackets to mount blinkers onto oil cooler.

Not the worlds best photo of the neat LED rear light bulb replacement. It also has a ring of small white LEDs that shine down onto the rego plate.

Front brake fitted up.

Very good condition rear guard we got from the UK. First thoughts were to keep it as is, but painting it white will look nicer.

Block has been gutted and is in the process of being cleaned up.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #98
Steve in NZ
scared/cheap

Oddometer: 1,046
rear light bulb

hi hunny. The tail lightbulb will that go in standard rear light. What make model and part number. I am
sick of blowing them .

and what are the front running lights

Thanks Steve

bike = the purple pig

Steve in NZ screwed with this post 11-09-2012 at 11:27 PM
Steve in NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #99
gsd4me OP
90% bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in NZ View Post
hi hunny. The tail lightbulb will that go in standard rear light. What make model and part number. I am
sick of blowing them .

and what are the front running lights

Thanks Steve

Didn`t know you cared.

I`m waiting to hear back from Ray; he said he got them from the UK?, but I`ll get details.

The daytime running lights are part of a (pair) Narva kit I had on my 1100GS. They are set to Aust. ADR`s in that they work when all lights are off, but go off when park or headlights are turned on. I had to fit an on/off switch to my 1100GS to make them work.

gsd4me screwed with this post 11-10-2012 at 01:37 AM
Old 11-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #100
gsd4me OP
90% bluff

Here`s another pic of the DRL`s

narva.com.au/products/browse/led-daytime-running-lamps

Old 11-10-2012, 01:59 AM   #101
gsd4me OP
90% bluff

Part No. 132411

Daytime running Lamps

http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.u...4/category/119

Oops, that link is for the LED rear brake bulb replacement.

gsd4me screwed with this post 11-11-2012 at 12:06 AM
Old 11-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #102
Steve in NZ
scared/cheap

Oddometer: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD4ME View Post
thanks

bike = the purple pig
Steve in NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:33 AM   #103
ms-oz
Mike

Oddometer: 69
Schaeferhund

hi Dave
I was wandering what your new icon shows, guess, after reading an older thread it's your "Schaeferhund" in the plywood chair, can you load up some larger photos. wifey said: he love's the german stuff, what is your favourite beer? and what is about Sauerkraut und Bratwurst?
cheers
mike the bloody german
ms-oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #104
gsd4me OP
90% bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms-oz View Post
hi Dave
I was wandering what your new icon shows, guess, after reading an older thread it's your "Schaeferhund" in the plywood chair, can you load up some larger photos. wifey said: he love's the german stuff, what is your favourite beer? and what is about Sauerkraut und Bratwurst?
cheers
mike the bloody german

Mate, I`m a Kiwi originally . Our next door neighbours had a GSD when I was a kid and I reckon the dog imprinted on me, I just love the way they move. After two of them keeping me broke for over 10 years I know I would do it all again in a heartbeat, if needed.

Coopers Pale Ale would be my beer of choice, I don`t know much about sauerkraut or bratwurst.

I got into BMWs originally because they were exclusive and supposedly reliable, it`s been a real disappointment to me that they have become so popular these last number of years.

I also have a thing for Glock handguns, but Johnny Howard reckoned I couldn`t be trusted with the ones I had.......Hang on, they`re Austrian, but that`s next door to Germany, so..........

That bike in the pic is an R80 mono, which I bought in Darwin already made up. It had come from Sydney, up around the bottom of the Gulf and on to Darwin and funnily enough, a GSD had travelled in the chair where Beth is sitting. The chair was well set up for travellng, two 20 litre jerry cans could be fitted between the guard with room for a small fridge in front. The R80 was a bit underpowered so I fitted an R65 final drive to help things along, but it still struggled. The leading link front end was great and it was very easy to steer, even with the low Euro bars.

gsd4me screwed with this post 11-11-2012 at 03:19 AM
Old 11-11-2012, 04:08 AM   #105
ms-oz
Mike

Oddometer: 69
Bier

The misses can't get over your dogs in the sidecar, she loves the dogs more than me but calls me a dog, don't get that, and is taking the piss out of me cause I thought GSD stands for G S (BMW) Dakar.
Back in D I was into Guzzy's just got into beemers here in Perth when all my friends here had pommie shit and I gave the Triumphs and Greeves a race with a R 90 S ISDT replica in vintage MX. In 2008 a guy here in Perth put his original HPN on the market and I had to have her and that was the start of my second motorcycle career. now the shed is too small and everything is about the white and blue propeller, but especially love the ISDT era to GS.
Now that emu bitter got sold to SA I can drink coopers without guilt,Cooper pale ale is one my favourites too.
Sauerkraut and Bratwurst is something like Hangi.
As a German I have some issues with the Austrians, they supplied the troublemaker who is now my history but better don't go there.
Mike
ms-oz is offline   Reply With Quote