ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #61
macblach
n00b
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Oddometer: 8
N104 users, one quick question. Have any of you ridden with the helmet in open position for an extended period of time? How stable is it?

Thanks
macblach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:33 AM   #62
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead
 
mrt10x's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Woodland Park, CO
Oddometer: 3,144
I have, but I was firmly planted behind my BMW 1200GSA windscreen.. which blocks most airflow.. Soooo it was very stable in that position OBTW I had to ride with it open because with it closed it pinched my cheek bones so badly I couldnt continue to ride... I know that I needed to let my face break it in.. but I was to the point of either ridingin with it open... or not ride at all.
__________________
We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of "security." And in the worship of security we fling our lives beneath the wheels of routine - and before we know it our lives are gone.
mrt10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:37 AM   #63
macblach
n00b
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Oddometer: 8
Thanks, btw I am looking at the Shark evoline 3 right now, interesting...
macblach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #64
mb90535im
'05 R1200 GS
 
mb90535im's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: NW GA
Oddometer: 4,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by macblach View Post
N104 users, one quick question. Have any of you ridden with the helmet in open position for an extended period of time? How stable is it?

Thanks
Still the one issue I cannot seem to resolve with what is otherwise a good helmet as far as I'm concerned.

I have and the visor is not very stable at all at hwy speeds when opened to the first click.

6'4" riding R1200GS with Givi DT-330 and Touratech spoiler.
__________________
"Dang man I'm impressed." - Willy-B
"Are you OK? ... Are you sure you're OK?" - Honcho
"Disturbing and funny, all at the same time." - MrTwisty
mb90535im is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #65
bomber60015
Anatomically Correct
 
bomber60015's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Chicago-ish
Oddometer: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb90535im View Post
Still the one issue I cannot seem to resolve with what is otherwise a good helmet as far as I'm concerned.

I have and the visor is not very stable at all at hwy speeds when opened to the first click.

6'4" riding R1200GS with Givi DT-330 and Touratech spoiler.

Visor open, or helmet open

Not slagging what it is you wish to do, as it is your call, of course . . . .

just trying to understand your concern.

Me, I've not ridden for any distance at all with any modular open, though, with glasses on and sunscreen deployed, I will ride with the visor (shield) open . . . . .
__________________
Searching for the immaculate contraption
bomber60015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #66
mb90535im
'05 R1200 GS
 
mb90535im's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: NW GA
Oddometer: 4,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber60015 View Post
Visor open, or helmet open

Not slagging what it is you wish to do, as it is your call, of course . . . .

just trying to understand your concern.

Me, I've not ridden for any distance at all with any modular open, though, with glasses on and sunscreen deployed, I will ride with the visor (shield) open . . . . .
Sorry, not the helmet open, but the visor open to the first notch.
__________________
"Dang man I'm impressed." - Willy-B
"Are you OK? ... Are you sure you're OK?" - Honcho
"Disturbing and funny, all at the same time." - MrTwisty
mb90535im is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #67
cardoctor1
Gnarly Adventurer
 
cardoctor1's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: horsham pa
Oddometer: 480
i have a nolan n104 my first modular helmet. alittle heavy but thats expected for a modular helmet .the eye opening is huge you almost forget the helmet is a full face. one of the nice features is the little nub that holds the shield open a pubic hair to help with venting. i ride as long as there's no ice on the rode and the pinlock is a great invention almost as great a zip ties

riding with the helmet flipped open is almost a dumb as driving with your cars convertible top opened halfway
__________________
IBA#35592
RIDE EVERY RIDE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST
00 R1150GS
cardoctor1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014