ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.60 average. Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #106
8gv
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
Nah you will be fine there, I broke enough bones on that road for a few more years.
Aren't you supposed to be hangin' with the mouse by now? Are you using that long distance Internet?
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #107
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,606
It's just one long tube created by Al Gore, the possibilities are endless.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #108
meatwagon1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Had an amazing ride this past week. Victory road to South American Pond road was fun. As well as E. Branch Road.Had one navigation error on the Mallogaway part of the loop. It was raining a bit and a tad foggy. I do all my traveling by typo map and compass, So one turn wasn't making sense to me on my map. Ended up on the dead man loop instead of heading towards the Mtn. Once I figured out my error it was getting a bit late and didn't want to have another nav error so I turned around and took tarmac into ME. Funny thing happened. When I turned around about 5 minutes after riding back a young male moose came out of the woods and ran along side of me. I slowed down, he slowed down, i sped up, he sped up. Honked my horn, nothing. After about 30 seconds he finally ran back into woods.

After I made it to Mooselake I took a bunch of ATV trails back down to Abbot. Fun stuff, even with a packed out bike. Charted my own course over to Acadia National park.

All in all had a great trip of riding and hiking and such. Was fun to ride up through VT, across NH into ME and down to Acadia on all off road. Thx guys for the tracks.
meatwagon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #109
8gv
Beastly Adventurer

Can you provide some details on getting from the Millinocket area to Acadia? The route I made up isn't dirty enough.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #110
cdriscollmeir
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Oh man. . beautiful country just southeast of there. . . if you can make it to the blueberry barrens just south of 9 between 193 and 191, you'd be in dirt heaven. I've got tracks all around that area. (you can check out the 3 old bombing ranges in Columbia too - they look like old runways from google satellite - can't miss 'em) North of route 9 I'm less familiar with as it is ATV heaven and they strongly frown upon bikes on their trail system there (which I never understood). If you can make your way to Beddington, I can get you through the barrens to Harrington, and then the Sunrise trail to Ellsworth. . . no dirt to Acadia from there!
2003 XR650L

cdriscollmeir screwed with this post 09-07-2013 at 10:07 PM
cdriscollmeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:16 AM   #111
meatwagon1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdriscollmeir View Post
Oh man. . beautiful country just southeast of there. . . if you can make it to the blueberry barrens just south of 9 between 193 and 191, you'd be in dirt heaven. I've got tracks all around that area. (you can check out the 3 old bombing ranges in Columbia too - they look like old runways from google satellite - can't miss 'em) North of route 9 I'm less familiar with as it is ATV heaven and they strongly frown upon bikes on their trail system there (which I never understood). If you can make your way to Beddington, I can get you through the barrens to Harrington, and then the Sunrise trail to Ellsworth. . . no dirt to Acadia from there!
post tracks away!!
meatwagon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #112
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,094
I built this route for the most part in 08'fellas. Yes, be careful going off route in Maine. Some mapped roads are nothing more then overgrown 2 track today. Also a lot of dirt roads in Maine are off limits to motorcycles and this is strictly enforced by the land owners. Typical paper companies.

This route to this day remains one of my all time favorites. I went back up 2 years ago and this time included the SunriseTrail riding south out of Calais which is now completed.

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #113
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot View Post
... this time included the SunriseTrail riding south out of Calais which is now completed.
I did the Sunrise Trail southbound last week. Very nice ride if you're returning from the maritimes through Maine. 80+ miles, but we were able to comfortably cruise at 45 or 50 mph, even on my fully loaded Vstrom. Saw a few deer and turkeys, a porcupine and a large rabbit.

Watch out for stop signs and washouts and be sure to slow down/yield to cyclists and pedistrians.

Technically you're supposed to have a Maine ATV sticker on your motorcycle to use the ATV trails, even if your motorcycle is plated for the street.
zeeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #114
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer: 4,568
Yes, Dockingpilot is responsible for large sections on this route. I've never claimed otherwise. I did spend many, many hours going through the original tracks, and did quite a lot of original routing on the western portions. I knew the route up to Eustis very well, as well The Forks to Greenville, as I traveled it since the 80's while rafting on the Dead and Kennebec. Thanks for making the original routes available, and being cheerful and willing to share them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot View Post
I built this route for the most part in 08'fellas. Yes, be careful going off route in Maine. Some mapped roads are nothing more then overgrown 2 track today. Also a lot of dirt roads in Maine are off limits to motorcycles and this is strictly enforced by the land owners. Typical paper companies.

This route to this day remains one of my all time favorites. I went back up 2 years ago and this time included the SunriseTrail riding south out of Calais which is now completed.
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #115
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
Yes, Dockingpilot is responsible for large sections on this route. I've never claimed otherwise. I did spend many, many hours going through the original tracks, and did quite a lot of original routing on the western portions. I knew the route up to Eustis very well, as well The Forks to Greenville, as I traveled it since the 80's while rafting on the Dead and Kennebec. Thanks for making the original routes available, and being cheerful and willing to share them.
Oh geez, don't give that a second thought. I could care less honestly. Just enjoy. Thanks for promoting the route and staying on top of it. It's a lot of fun for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #116
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,978
Heading back to southern New England from the end of the trail, does anyone have any tracks they could share?

I was hoping to go TMT->Puppy Dog->Northern NE Trail->Home this year, but its looking like I'll be doing it in the Spring Just can't seem to get away. I guess I have the winter to figure it out.
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #117
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging

I'd certainly appreciate the Sunrise sections, if you have tracks for them. I'm sure others would be grateful also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeede View Post
I did the Sunrise Trail southbound last week. Very nice ride if you're returning from the maritimes through Maine. 80+ miles, but we were able to comfortably cruise at 45 or 50 mph, even on my fully loaded Vstrom. Saw a few deer and turkeys, a porcupine and a large rabbit.

Watch out for stop signs and washouts and be sure to slow down/yield to cyclists and pedistrians.

Technically you're supposed to have a Maine ATV sticker on your motorcycle to use the ATV trails, even if your motorcycle is plated for the street.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:07 AM   #118
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

The tracks for this state trail are available online. You will need a Maine ATV decal. Also available online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #119
8gv
Beastly Adventurer

Does anyone know if a rider can just show up and buy the ATV sticker somewhere?
Old 09-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #120
Canuman OP
Crusty & Unobliging

Don't know about Maine, but the sticker is available at dealers and many gas stations in VT and NH for those states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
Does anyone know if a rider can just show up and buy the ATV sticker somewhere?