Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #16
Baldy OP
Site Owner

Oddometer: 8,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
Got it the first day it came out. Been playing with it daily, and spending $1 at a time getting the filters I want, just as I'm sure the smugmug braintrust intended. It really is a well put together app. Thanks Baldy!

Pretty neat when you can do this in 30 seconds on your phone:

Nice shot! We're getting some complaints about having to repeatedly get dinged for a dollar, how about one buy button to get them all forever... Working on that.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #17
Baldy OP
Site Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyRider View Post
I *love* Baldy, and all he has done for us, but I don't *like* this phone app. The "ZOOM" function is practically useless for me! I just tested it again for the 100th time. Two-thirds of the time the zoom function doesn't zoom at all. The rest of the time, because it is *right next to* the shutter button, the camera takes a picture for me when I don't want it to. And it doesn't seem to have the two-finger squeeze that the other camera apps(and most other apps) have for zoom in or out.

And no one answered my question about sending batches of photos to Smugmug, so I'm guessing it doesn't do that either. As far as i can tell...it's one at a time. Very slow.

I'm absolutely willing to be *corrected* about my impressions, but please keep them constructive, and point out where I have my facts wrong. Not just an unnecessary defense of all things *Baldy*. All I'm saying is the Camera+ app has been much more useful for me, for all the things it does well.

And I'm very willing to listen to reason.
Yeah, we're not too happy with the way the zoom works and thinking of alternatives...

For bulk uploading (to SmugMug or facebook or wherever) here's one way to do it:

So you're in your library looking at thumbs of your images, and in the upper right you'll notice a slider that toggles between one image and many. Toggle it to many. Then just tap on all the images you want to bulk upload to select them and you get a checkmark and they gray out a little and get a white border. When you've selected them all, share to SmugMug.

The other way is to auto-archive by going into the settings menu and selecting auto-archive on. It will create a SmugMug gallery called Camera Awesome Archive and everything you shoot will automatically be backed up there. You'll also see an option to only do that when you're on wifi.

I hope this helps.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #18
sonoran
subsonic

Oddometer: 21,561

Love it!!

Thanks Baldy!

the sun does not have no prisoners

sonoran screwed with this post 03-09-2012 at 05:19 PM
sonoran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #19
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,470
I just downloaded this app. I'm trying to figure out how to get my photos from the camera roll to smug mug. Does this app do thi.
ATC350X
550MXC
dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #20
Tilt2turn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydeeds View Post
I just downloaded this app. I'm trying to figure out how to get my photos from the camera roll to smug mug. Does this app do thi.
Yes. After opening the app, tap the photo button on the bottom left to access pictures taken with this app. Tap the top left icon (the button with 9 square boxes) to see all pictures. There is a + button on the bottom right that goes to the phone's Camera Roll. Selecting a photo from there will add it to Camera Awesome pics. Once pictures are in the Camera Awesome app, click on the photo, tap the forward button, and send it to Smugmug.

It is easier than it sounds. That + button is hard to see depending on what picture is under it.

http://winginit.smugmug.com/
Tilt2turn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #21
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,699
From what I can tell from images I've seen on FB, it is every cheesy photoshop filter from the past decade made available on an iPhone.

Pretty soon they'll be used by 'wedding photographers'.

Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #22
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt2turn View Post
Yes. After opening the app, tap the photo button on the bottom left to access pictures taken with this app. Tap the top left icon (the button with 9 square boxes) to see all pictures. There is a + button on the bottom right that goes to the phone's Camera Roll. Selecting a photo from there will add it to Camera Awesome pics. Once pictures are in the Camera Awesome app, click on the photo, tap the forward button, and send it to Smugmug.

It is easier than it sounds. That + button is hard to see depending on what picture is under it.
Great, thanks. I bypassed the 9 box button, went straight to the little +.
Much easier to learn an app after sleeping. Only had a few hours in the last few days.
ATC350X
550MXC
dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #23
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,375
The Camera Awesome app was loaded to my iPhone and I took a couple pics with it and thought it's no big deal the pics are the same as those coming from my other camera app. I decided to play with it a bit and things got worse. Grumble, complain, whine..... I thought about deleting it from my phone but didn't. I saw some Awesome Camera pics posted in one of the pic threads and they looked so much better than I was getting so it was clear it was operator error.

While I enjoy taking pictures I'm no photographer but I have fun doing the point and shoot thing which provides snapshots rather than photos. This picture was all kinds of wrong and I decided to see what I could do with it.

The thing I disliked the most was the sky. The day was gray and so was sky. This took care of the gray sky and I threw on a frame just for fun.

Hmmmmmmm things were getting better but there was too much road and I really didn't like that blue green color . A crop here, a filter there and things are much more pleasing.
It's certainly no masterpiece but it's a heck a lot better than what I started with.

Having the one buy button for the rest of the filters would be nice.

Thanks Baldy for the app. I'll have fun using it and I'm sure my friends will enjoy it too when I send them pics from different places while I'm there rather than waiting until I get home to do the editing.

P.S. I like the little saying while the photo is processing - panda farts indeed.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #24
Casejeep
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 725
This app looks amazing, ive been looking for an app like this for ever now, but i have an Android. Cant wait to see it.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:51 AM   #25
FreeTheBeast
Chocks away!

Oddometer: 2,917
Thumb I'm digging it, Baldy!

I am getting a lot of use out of Camera Awesome! Thanks for making it, Baldy. And it's FREE!

The Hampster Ride - A mainly dirt route the length of New Hampshire.
Max the Motorcycle - children's book written by Mrs. FTB
SmugMug Photo Gallary
FreeTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #26
Baldy OP
Site Owner

Did a pretty big update today including pinch to zoom and Instagram integration.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:11 AM   #27
hoadie72
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
Did a pretty big update today including pinch to zoom and Instagram integration.
Installed but still crashes on my 3GS. So I still don't know what the fuss is about. :(
hoadie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #28
FreeTheBeast
Chocks away!

Oddometer: 2,917
Cool2 zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
yeah...I've got to figure out the zoom thing without tapping the focus and exposure spots.

The Hampster Ride - A mainly dirt route the length of New Hampshire.
Max the Motorcycle - children's book written by Mrs. FTB
SmugMug Photo Gallary
FreeTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:51 AM   #29
Powershouse
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,134
Help posting to this site from Camera Awesome

If you look close at this pic here, you can see the officer doing a face palm at my technical ineptitude. When he rolled up I was so engrossed in trying to post a phototag to ADV from my iphone using Camera Awesome and Picassa that he had to whoop the siren to get my attention.

Anyhow, I never did get the photo posted from my phone. Ended up using my home pc. So it would be much appreciated if someone could school me on the posting process. Also, is there a forum or thread for Camera Awesome knowledge?
Old 05-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #30
Meltdown
Abort, Retry, Fail?

Oddometer: 1,738
While I can appreciate everything this app can do...I still find myself using the no longer available in the app store Smugshot most of the time. It is much simpler to operate and upload my photos.

Suggestion...bring Smugshot back just for those who want to open the app, take a picture, and have it upload automatically. Make the only user setting one to control picture size so that those worried about their data usage can use less with a smaller picture.

Join us! The Central Florida Tag-o-Rama
Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote