ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #16
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,056
Apex is great down to earth dealership.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #17
kevlar930 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Great news! Pike's Peak doesn't have a fucking clue what is wrong with the bike! Isn't that fucking wonderful?! My dad talked to Larry today. Larry: "Parts have been ordered" My dad, "what parts?" Larry, "Not sure, but I will let you know." Larry did not let us know. I'm fucking livid. I paid $22k for a bike that ran less than 100 miles & the dealer doesn't have a fucking clue. A blood thirsty lawyer is next in line. Actually, does anyone have the number/email address of someone in the know at BMWNA to mitigate this situation before I let a lawyer go apeshit?

kevlar930 screwed with this post 03-17-2012 at 08:35 PM
kevlar930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #18
Raul Duke
DROC

Oddometer: 1,757
Yep. Total shit-pile of a shop. IMHO
COHVCO
TPA
Raul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #19
enigmatic_redhabu
I really wanna be....

Oddometer: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar930 View Post
Great news! Pike's Peak doesn't have a fucking clue what is wrong with the bike! Isn't that fucking wonderful?! My dad talked to Larry today. Larry: "Parts have been ordered" My dad, "what parts?" Larry, "Not sure, but I will let you know." Larry did not let us know. I'm fucking livid. I paid $22k for a bike that ran less than 100 miles & the dealer doesn't have a fucking clue. A blood thirsty lawyer is next in line. Actually, does anyone have the number/email address of someone in the know at BMWNA to mitigate this situation before I let a lawyer go apeshit?
Sorry, you have to go through with your GS. Why don't you give a friend of mine, Bob a call BMW of Denver? They are very good.

Bob Creger
General Manager

bcreger@bmwofdenver.com

BMW of Denver
2910 South Havana Street Aurora CO 80014
Phone: 303.755.6400 Fax: 303.283.3690
Toll Free Phone: 303-755-6400
Jinny
enigmatic_redhabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #20
Snowbound
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 876
There is a person in the BMWMOA that handles issues between vendors and members .
Pikes Peak has a new GM . He was at the PPBMWRR meeting last week .
2001 R 1150 GS 1978 R 100RS 1976 XT-500 1964 CL-72
1955 CJ-5 1975 F-250 Highboy
Snowbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #21
Raul Duke
DROC

Oddometer: 1,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbound View Post
There is a person in the BMWMOA that handles issues between vendors and members .
Pikes Peak has a new GM . He was at the PPBMWRR meeting last week .
That new GM has alot of work to do. I for one am never going back to that shop. I even went so far as to sell my GS based upon my experiences with them. I loved the shop when it was on 21st. Now it is a Harley shop that does BMW on the side.
COHVCO
TPA
Raul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #22
Snowbound
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 876
Jim Wright
Consumer Liaison
wrightjkwright@gmail.com

Larry was the service manager on 21st also.
2001 R 1150 GS 1978 R 100RS 1976 XT-500 1964 CL-72
1955 CJ-5 1975 F-250 Highboy
Snowbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #23
TimothyCaseTimothy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
My experience with PPM: I was finally in the market for a brand new GSA this past year and started calling around and beginning the "due diligence" process on a bike that is way more than I've paid for (including cars, etc.)...24k out the door for a totally decked out moto is a HUGE deal for me...so I began the comparisons (I live in Denver)...

Part of the deal, at least in my world, is that if I walk in (I already had financing in place) ready to buy, I should be treated with respect, dignity, honesty and patience...the phone call to Pikes Peak was a freaking joke. They were offering me a much larger $ on my potential trade in, but when it finally came down to the bottom line, they were way overpriced compared to the local Denver dealerships (BMW of Denver and Foothills)... It was like pulling teeth to get an honest, bottom line, "here is what it will actually cost" number out of them.

The gal I spoke to at PPM had ZERO idea of any of the features on the bikes she had in stock and the 2012 bikes that were scheduled to arrive in the next month or so. She spent more time telling me how badly she needed a sale and her own personal life than about the bike that was likely sitting 10 feet from her desk on the showroom floor. Mind you, I was walking in relatively blind to some of the finer details of why this big ass bike will be using up my big ass dollars, so I needed to be coached and instructed on why these bikes rock, besides the fact that they look rad.

After a phone call to BMW of Denver I made the drive over and was basically walked through the process of selecting a bike that was going to do what I needed to do, got a fair price on an expensive bike (2012 Triple Black GSA), test rode a regular GS and the salesman's personal GSA (they didn't have any GSAs to test ride as it was in November)...I'm not some big-baller semi-retired dude who has money to blow, just a regular dude who works hard and wants to use a bike for more than just hitting Starbucks on a Sunday morning...

The service side of BMW of Denver is okay, but not perfect (they kind of take a long time to work on bikes, so I'd either bring a book with or drop it off and come back). I guess that's the standard...nothing (yet) has totally crapped out on my new bike...I have 2k ish miles on it and so far, so good.

Maybe I missed it, but if you're in Colorado Springs, I'd recommend getting the bike out to BMW of Denver and let them take a look. They're a stand-alone dealership, don't know what a Harley looks like and have treated me fair so far...PPM, in my mind, is a total shit-show and to be avoided...

My $.02
TimothyCaseTimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #24
peanut_gallery
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
I've only had to deal with them once and that ended up mainly being with the tech that was working on my bike. The service writer and some older guy had no desire to help out a 25yo with a broken GS. Spoke to a tech and he was a nice guy and got my GS running. I ended up tipping him $20 cause he actually seemed to care, paid my bill and haven't been back. This was back in '09.

Delt with a couple other dealers across the county and had a much better experience.

There is a natural human reluctance to abandon ones entire life and start over somewhere else - Jeff Lindsay
peanut_gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #25
Hannda
Short, fat, bearded, slow

Oddometer: 27,529
The only good news I see coming for that shop is . . . .

Harley Davidson won't allow them to have anything other than Harleys in their shops. So that shop off of I-25 is going to go completely Harley. They're going to move the BMWs and the other brands they carry to the location of the other Harley shop they had on Powers Blvd, near the U-Haul/mini storage place.
Hannda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #26
pwrtrippin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Duke View Post
That new GM has alot of work to do. I for one am never going back to that shop. I even went so far as to sell my GS based upon my experiences with them. I loved the shop when it was on 21st. Now it is a Harley shop that does BMW on the side.
Yeah I always liked walking though a door to look at purchasing something and being ignored, I went in there to look at a 800gs two years ago, spent 10 minutes looking the bike over, found a salesman from the Harley side who said he would find someone to help me and promptly walked over to the door to attack a customer looking for a Harley. 20 minutes later no one still came to help me. Its kind of fun walking out talking to your friend really loud in front of customers walking in about what a piss poor experience that was and I'd never buy a bike here.

Sounds like the corporate Harley template. Harley buys up small shop that cares about their customers, merges them under one roof, get rid of anyone from the old shop that actually cared and a couple product lines. Sounds roughly like what happened to MV and Buell.

There is nothing manly about tassels.
pwrtrippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #27
MurphCO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
I have had nothing but positive experiences at Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza as well as Apex

I went to the Harley dealership to look at the GS's they had in stock and was greeted by the female "salesman" there....she proceeded to tell me her life story and how she was dating the sales manager or someone like that, and she couldn't answer a single question about any bike. She wore a SWEET HD shirt though......blech.....maybe not her fault, but being on that side of the dealership it was like I had open sores or was a leper....

BMW of Denver I walked in and the salesman spent 40 minutes with me answering anything and everything I threw at him, he was begging me to take out multiple bikes.....maybe not begging, but he was prepared to let me ride anything I wanted right then and there.....800, GS, ADV all three

Had a similar experience to Merfman at Apex when I went to look at the Super Tenere as well, I just asked where it was and as I went over to look they came out with keys.....unfortunately I didn't have any gear, but they were ready to let me take it out right then.

Pikes Peak is a shitshow.....
Old 03-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #28
ikonoklass
Kountersteering Krew

Oddometer: 2,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar930 View Post
You need Marek in .corporate. He gave me a free GS a few years back when they couldn't fix my R1200CLC. I no longer know the number, but someone must.

Failing that, I would use Magnusson-Moss to cram that bike down their throat.
ikonoklass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #29
rebelpacket
four-stroke earth-saw

Oddometer: 725
Good to know; Thanks for posting your experience. If I ever spent that much on a motorcycle, I'd expect virgins to fall from the skies. I'm moving to the area (COS) in July. Hopefully by then the new GM has things sorted, and I'll give them a chance for PARTS. If they are still a shit-show, then I'll just order my stuff from Denver.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #30
kevlar930 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
The saga is finally over - I'll never return

Yesterday I flew to COS and picked up the bike. When I last posted, "parts were on order," but we didnt know what parts. Finally got an answer. According to PPM, the fuel pump went out and this is a "HUGE" issue with 2012 GSA world wide (if you go to Gspot, this issue is exploding. Oh wait, I have yet to find a thread about this "issue"...). According to PPM, BMW was trying to locate the subcontractor that supplied the fuel pump and find a different supplier. The first purported fuel pump they received did not work. They had to wait a week for another. It worked. My dad then picked the bike up and put 500 miles on it in two days (trust me, he hated doing that) so we could take it back for the 600 mile service. Dad took it in, had the change done, and asked Larry when I should bring it back. Larry's response? "3,000 miles since we used drum oil, not BMW synthetic" Wait a bloody second. I paid $235 for a 600 mile check, over $50 of which was for drum oil, and you want me to return in 3,000 miles? Good luck with that fuckers. I would rather ride to BMW of Sydney before going back.

That said, riding home from COS today was a dream. Besides the stock seat (already have a heated sargent to replace it), the bike is awesome. When I pulled into my driveway, I was extremely sad the ride was over. I just hope PPM didnt screw anything up so I can enjoy this machine to the fullest.
kevlar930 is offline   Reply With Quote