User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
Rwelch360 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Immix racing v.s. pro-moto rear rack on a DRZ400

I am looking to get a rear rack on my DRZ400. I have been riding in to work recently and hate riding with a backpack on. I wanted to be able to strap my lunch bag down. I like the immix racing for its length, it comes out past the end of the rear fender (possible grab handle to pull out a stuck bike) but i wonder how heavy it is? I like the pro-moto because it looks really nice and I imagine it is pretty light. Plus it looks like you can unbolt the side supports from the top so it might be easier to gain access behind side panels with the rack on. I was hoping to keep my factory tool bag with the bike and I could do that with the immix racing one, but not the pro-moto one. It's a tough decision. Anyone with experience with either please chime in. Anyone with experience from both please chime in!!
Rwelch360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
marinade
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I've not seen the promoto rack in person, it does look nice. A lot of machine work goes into their racks. They have a good reputation. A buddy of mine had the immix rack when we rode part of the TAT in Colorado and loved it. He used it primarily to carry extra fuel, but it worked great. As far as a grab handle, I think it would work ok, but I wouldn't yank on it too hard.

Let us know which way you go and post pics!
marinade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #3
Rwelch360 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinade View Post
I've not seen the promoto rack in person, it does look nice. A lot of machine work goes into their racks. They have a good reputation. A buddy of mine had the immix rack when we rode part of the TAT in Colorado and loved it. He used it primarily to carry extra fuel, but it worked great. As far as a grab handle, I think it would work ok, but I wouldn't yank on it too hard.

Let us know which way you go and post pics!
I went with the immix racing rack, i will take some pictures. I like it, i have yet to really haul any extra stuff on it. I keep wearing my backpack on my commute to work, but it looks like i might buy a wolfman dry duffle to put on the rack to hold my lunch and my clothes.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
Rwelch360 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Pictures of immix racing rack

Here are a couple pictures of the rack on my bike. I also put the suzuki factory tool kit on the rack, It already has holes in place to do this.

And a side shot of the bike with the rack.