User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
bmwgsrider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
EAR-ific molds/Tim McCarthy

I have always been wanting to listen to music while riding on my bike. I just recently purchased an iPhone and want to start listening to iPod while riding. I have heard and read good things about Tim. I know someone who got a pair of earphones from Tim and was happy with them. Because of that, I recommended Tim to a very close friend of mine. He ended up purchasing a pair of earphones from Tim and Tim provided him with good service as well as a quick turn around. My close friend was very happy with the service as well as being happy with the earphones.

Today, I decided to call Tim and talk to him about getting a pair of earphones so I could listen to music after I recover from surgery... This is what happened:

I waited a few min after 7:00 a.m. C. S. T. to call Tim before I left for work... He answered and said hello and I said hello Tim.. He said hello about three times and I said hello back each time. He hung up. I called back and got his voicemail and I left no answer. Then a voicemail pops up on my phone so I called Tim back and still got his answering machine and I left no message. It was odd... why he answers and then seems like refusing to answer his phone? He is located in Georgia on the East coast time zone... I was calling a little after 8 o'clock his time!

Well, I listen to his message as I was waking into work and he sounded mad and said Anna it's 5:30 here and you call and what on earth are you needing calling at 5:30 in the morning? Well, again it was a few minutes after my 7:00 a.m... The phone call to me was from Atlanta, Georgia and the time there would be a few minutes after his 8:00 a.m. Most businesses open at 8. I am thinking to myself... how on earth can he possibly be saying it's 5:30 in the morning? With him having that attitude... I decided not to ever bother him again!

Well a little before 8:30 a.m. my time... He calls back and I had to put my phone down because I was at work so I had to put him on hold real quick when I answered the phone. He asked where do I lived so I said Texas central time zone and I said is this Tim? He said yes and I said you live in Georgia and he said yes and I said your in the eastern time zone so you are an hour ahead of me... He said I called at 5:30 and I said no I didn't I called a little after my 7 which is a little after your 8. He then said that he is in Colorado and it's 5:30... And he asked what I needed and I said do you make earphones and he said yes and I said well I was interested in getting a pair of earphones and it sounds as if you are irritated now so I dunno and how did I know you were in Colorado and that would been a little after 6... I had to lay phone down for a second and said hold on sec because I was at work... and when I picked my phone back up... he had hung up and I was gone maybe 10-15 seconds max.

There is no way in hell I called him at 5:30 as it would have been a little after 6 where he is at in Colorado... Is he making up his own time zone that no one is aware of? It's not my fault he was in Colorado and he must had his phone forwarded... All I knew he was in Georgia and I was calling a little after 8 Georgia time.

I would think he would be happy and want business... But obviously not!

After this little incident, I do not think I would get my earphones from him now.

Not only this... my close friend liked his earphones so much... In the last several weeks... he went ahead and ordered his second pair of earphones. He sent off his molds... and Tim has received them. Tim has talked to my close friend a couple times and said that his wife are working on them and would call back for his method of payment the next day... as of today, my close friend still has not heard from Tim... nor has he returned his phone call back.

I am getting to wonder what's going on with Tim as what happened with me... and the situation that is going on with my close friend.... I do not think is very good customer service.

I do understand people can have a bad day... but still!
bmwgsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:22 AM   #2
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwgsrider
I have always been wanting to listen to music while riding on my bike. I just recently purchased an iPhone and want to start listening to iPod while riding. I have heard and read good things about Tim. I know someone who got a pair of earphones from Tim and was happy with them. Because of that, I recommended Tim to a very close friend of mine. He ended up purchasing a pair of earphones from Tim and Tim provided him with good service as well as a quick turn around. My close friend was very happy with the service as well as being happy with the earphones.

Today, I decided to call Tim and talk to him about getting a pair of earphones so I could listen to music after I recover from surgery... This is what happened:

I waited a few min after 7:00 a.m. C. S. T. to call Tim before I left for work... He answered and said hello and I said hello Tim.. He said hello about three times and I said hello back each time. He hung up. I called back and got his voicemail and I left no answer. Then a voicemail pops up on my phone so I called Tim back and still got his answering machine and I left no message. It was odd... why he answers and then seems like refusing to answer his phone? He is located in Georgia on the East coast time zone... I was calling a little after 8 o'clock his time!

Well, I listen to his message as I was waking into work and he sounded mad and said Anna it's 5:30 here and you call and what on earth are you needing calling at 5:30 in the morning? Well, again it was a few minutes after my 7:00 a.m... The phone call to me was from Atlanta, Georgia and the time there would be a few minutes after his 8:00 a.m. Most businesses open at 8. I am thinking to myself... how on earth can he possibly be saying it's 5:30 in the morning? With him having that attitude... I decided not to ever bother him again!

Well a little before 8:30 a.m. my time... He calls back and I had to put my phone down because I was at work so I had to put him on hold real quick when I answered the phone. He asked where do I lived so I said Texas central time zone and I said is this Tim? He said yes and I said you live in Georgia and he said yes and I said your in the eastern time zone so you are an hour ahead of me... He said I called at 5:30 and I said no I didn't I called a little after my 7 which is a little after your 8. He then said that he is in Colorado and it's 5:30... And he asked what I needed and I said do you make earphones and he said yes and I said well I was interested in getting a pair of earphones and it sounds as if you are irritated now so I dunno and how did I know you were in Colorado and that would been a little after 6... I had to lay phone down for a second and said hold on sec because I was at work... and when I picked my phone back up... he had hung up and I was gone maybe 10-15 seconds max.

There is no way in hell I called him at 5:30 as it would have been a little after 6 where he is at in Colorado... Is he making up his own time zone that no one is aware of? It's not my fault he was in Colorado and he must had his phone forwarded... All I knew he was in Georgia and I was calling a little after 8 Georgia time.

I would think he would be happy and want business... But obviously not!

After this little incident, I do not think I would get my earphones from him now.

Not only this... my close friend liked his earphones so much... In the last several weeks... he went ahead and ordered his second pair of earphones. He sent off his molds... and Tim has received them. Tim has talked to my close friend a couple times and said that his wife are working on them and would call back for his method of payment the next day... as of today, my close friend still has not heard from Tim... nor has he returned his phone call back.

I am getting to wonder what's going on with Tim as what happened with me... and the situation that is going on with my close friend.... I do not think is very good customer service.

I do understand people can have a bad day... but still!
I can't believe I just read this whole rant
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
bmwgsrider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
It's not a rant. if you want to read a rant, I can write a rant if you like.
bmwgsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #4
bobframe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Where's Tim??

I have been dealing with Tim for several years and have two pairs of his ear phones and have twice returned ear phones for (self induced) repairs. Never a problem, always great service, happy camper.

About two weeks ago, I began having an issue with one pair of ear phones and decided to call Tim. Got VM. Subsequent tries have had the same results. Never have heard back from him...which, in my experience, is unusual as hell.

Does anyone know if Tim is still in business? Hope he's OK.
bobframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #5
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
I have purchased 2 pr of earplugs from Tim M. He is very reliable and personable. He travels all over the country doing bike shows and was likely at one WEST of the OP! Just a piece of advice to the OP.... Next time call a business in mid-day not when you think THEY OPEN. His SHOP is his truck/trailer and his BUSINESS PHONE is not a land line but a smart phone. That will save you a rant next time. His stuff is really great quality. You should re-consider doing business with him.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #6
bobframe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobframe View Post
I have been dealing with Tim for several years and have two pairs of his ear phones and have twice returned ear phones for (self induced) repairs. Never a problem, always great service, happy camper.

About two weeks ago, I began having an issue with one pair of ear phones and decided to call Tim. Got VM. Subsequent tries have had the same results. Never have heard back from him...which, in my experience, is unusual as hell.

Does anyone know if Tim is still in business? Hope he's OK.
I spoke to Tim this afternoon. Turns out Tim suffered the effects of a home accident. He's recovering now and expects to begin doing MC shows/rallies again very soon. He's certainly still in business.
bobframe is offline   Reply With Quote