User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2014, 01:33 PM   #1
globalstar66 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Footpegs for '14 GSW

I have searched around here, but not finding what I'm looking for.

I have a new '14 1200 GSW, and when using my BMW GS boots, it's pretty difficult to change gears. Can't get the boot underneath the levers, and so I've been looking at different footpegs that are able to be lowered as well.

I can't find footpegs that are specifically made for the '14 GSW - most say they fit up to 2012 or 2013.

Any good recommendations? Also, do you guys adjust the gear lever upwards for riding with boots?

Sorry for the "noob" questions, but it's my first GSW.
globalstar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #2
JR356
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,572
Fastways from earlier 1200's reportedly are direct fit and some versions have a lowering option.

JR356
JR356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #3
kurt1305
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
I have some Suburban Machine pegs for sale. They lower the pegs by 1" over OEM. I'm asking $125 shipped. PM me if interested.

kurt1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #4
JetSpeed
Naviator

Oddometer: 3,049
You should adjust the shift lever to fit you first, regardless of the pegs you use, it's a very easy 2 minute (or less), you will need to make adjustments based on boots and pegs as well.
There are a few threads on here regarding pegs for the GSW, BMW makes a couple of nice sets that can be found in their accessory catalog: http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/..._Equipment.pdf

Here is another site that has a selection of pegs that fit the GSW: http://www.advdesigns.com/bmwr1.html
Old 09-21-2014, 01:51 PM   #5
abrasive
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
I went with the Fastway Adventure pegs. They are huge and oh so comfy when standing.

The bad news: Fitting them up was a pain in the ass. The pedal bushing was too tight a fit on the stock BMW pin. As in, it would not go in - it would have been a press fit LOL. I had to lap it out (didn't have an appropriately-sized reamer on hand) so I burned about an hour dicking around with that. It was worth the effort to me, but if you are short on tools and shop supplies these may not be the pedals for you. Sucks because they really do rock in use. :(
Old 09-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #6
JetSpeed
Naviator

Oddometer: 3,049
I went with the BMW pegs, they are a work of art, adjustable, very comfortable and you have the advantage of having the rubber pad for road riding yet it retracts when you stand for off-road riding and is also removable.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #7
RoundTrip
Unintentional deerslayer

Oddometer: 1,541
I have Pivot Pegz on my 07 GSA and will be getting the new model for my '15.

They are incredibly comfortable and you do not notice the motion at all after the first ride or so.

-jeff
Old 09-21-2014, 03:00 PM   #8
Smoke Eater 3
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 626
I took at chance on Pivot Pegz for my '14 and love them. I don't even think about the lower controls anymore. Everything is just there.
Smoke Eater 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:04 PM   #9
marchyman
Cam Killer

Oddometer: 7,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSpeed View Post
I went with the BMW pegs, they are a work of art, adjustable, very comfortable and you have the advantage of having the rubber pad for road riding yet it retracts when you stand for off-road riding and is also removable.

+1

And in spite of what it says in BMW literature the pegs, when mounted in the low position as pictured, are about 25mm lower than the stock pegs.
marchyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #10
globalstar66 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Thanks for the help so far guys.

One thing that bothers me, is that nowhere in the products websites does it say it fits a 2014 GS Adventure.... So these are my concerns:

1) Do the pivot pegs and the BMW ones fit right on with no mods?

2) I read on another thread the guys were saying the BMW ones do not fit the right hand side on the 2014 GS A's? Is that the case or not?

3) Anyone use the both the BMW ones and the Pivot Pegs and have an opinion on which is "nicer"?

4) Lastly, anyone ride with MX boots like the BMW GS boots, and had to change the shifter to an aftermarket or made any mods to the stock shifter?

I also read about guys having to modify the shifter because you cannot move it up a notch like on the '13 GSA's?

Thanks a ton - really appreciate all the help.
globalstar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:16 AM   #11
la-motor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
I went with the Fastway Adventure Pegs in the lower position...love'em
la-motor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:17 AM   #12
B00001
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
These are the lowest I have found and are adjustable in multiple ways. link Here

I am still saving my pennies...
Old 09-22-2014, 07:29 AM   #13
Bighead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalstar66 View Post
Thanks for the help so far guys.

One thing that bothers me, is that nowhere in the products websites does it say it fits a 2014 GS Adventure.... So these are my concerns:

1) Do the pivot pegs and the BMW ones fit right on with no mods? Have only used the BMW pegs on my GSA and they went right on with no modifications.

2) I read on another thread the guys were saying the BMW ones do not fit the right hand side on the 2014 GS A's? Is that the case or not? No problem fitting them on either side of my 2014 GSA.

3) Anyone use the both the BMW ones and the Pivot Pegs and have an opinion on which is "nicer"?

4) Lastly, anyone ride with MX boots like the BMW GS boots, and had to change the shifter to an aftermarket or made any mods to the stock shifter? I don't use MX boots but did find it was easier to shift with the BMW pegs in a lower position (I have mine set at the middle spot) than it was with the stock pegs. I am even happier with them now that I am running the low seat.

I also read about guys having to modify the shifter because you cannot move it up a notch like on the '13 GSA's?

Thanks a ton - really appreciate all the help.
Response in red.

Strong like ox...smart like tractor.
Bighead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:00 AM   #14
captwheel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
One thing to try beside raising the shift lever is to get a e
xtendable shift lever. I bought a TwistedThrottle adjust lever. It helps a lot to extend it.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-mo...-r1200gs-lc-13

Blackdog foot pegs are a fantastic platform! I bought a set @ MOA rally. No off road yet, but feal great on the road! While looking at the pegs, check out there skid plate. Best skid plate on the market!

http://blackdogcw.com/black-dog-shop...TROLS=Footpegs

Cheers, Phil
captwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:42 AM   #15
OldMotoGuySoCal
Returning Rider

Oddometer: 148
I really like the Touratech foot pegs, they come in standard and 1" lower heights. They are made of stainless steel and are agressive enough for off road while not chewing up street boots.

You may need to shorten the adjuster threadded rod for the shift lever. I cut 5mm off each end of the theadded rod to get more height adjustment.

Wonderlich and SW Motech both make adjustable shift levers,
OldMotoGuySoCal is offline   Reply With Quote