ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #16
smilin jack
Grandpa Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,224
Can I go too?

PS: Does this imply I want to come. Yes. Do I have permission yet. No. Am I working on it. Yes. I am now anyway (hello s1marks-wife who reads all my posts to see what trouble I'm getting into....I love you honey...might be a little late home...was thinking of dropping by the flowers shop on the way).[/QUOTE]

Took the wife to dinner tonight, so maybe I get to go too? We'll see. I do need to burn up some vacation before the end of March or will loose it. Work has some funny rules...

Dave
smilin jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #17
pigpen
Gone Riding

Oddometer: 622
Invitations needed?

I might be able to swing that weekend! Nope, that sounded sooo bad!
May I attend this humble gathering of adv riders?
Keep me posted!
My xr650r needs to burn off an old 908rr, I might need some motivation, on second thought I'll just chase you guys around,
that will do it!

Having fun is not a sport! It's a full time job for some of us!
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #18
JayhooRay OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Question Hmmmmmmm

I'll have my daughter that weekend. So I'll have to see how it works out for me. We might come out in my ghetto truck with my ghetto camper to stay warm and maybe I can find a nanny for the day part while I ride?

With any luck, I'll be getting used to my new Dakar...

I'll show up somehow!

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame. But I know. It's my own damn fault.

'06 Dakar
JayhooRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #19
asrvivor
Rabies Cure ????

Oddometer: 1,877
Vaulted Toilet

Well, this is becoming a nice little group isn't it. In the interest of keeping a new bike from becoming a place to shit. I'll be riding the DR. Yes I'll have the trailer, but it will not be mounted with a toilet seat, so keep your squatting arses away from my trailer. Also, as many of us are taking a longer trip later in the year, we can come together on dates for the CO trip. Sounds like many of the attendees for this spring break shindig will also be traversing the route to RAMR. So, with that in mind I'll bring the maps and calendar for what I plan on to get to and from CO. I'm will be looking for input on places to stay that interest folks.

What is the thought for gathering to get to where we plan on camping here. Anyone have ideas for a meeting spot or launch location? Still thinking about dropping by Jeffs Thursday night scooping him up for a leader. I have not attended this before and would rather have a veteran lead us to the site. I know some are driving cause they can't handle a little chill when sleeping. And we will need dry wood to keep us warm and cozy. So, actually these drivers will help immensely.

Just cause I'm wrong, don't make you right / Needtobreathe
Our OBDR Trip http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712724
Our UTBDR Trip http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816500
asrvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #20
zedx9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by asrvivor View Post
Well, this is becoming a nice little group isn't it. In the interest of keeping a new bike from becoming a place to shit. I'll be riding the DR. Yes I'll have the trailer, but it will not be mounted with a toilet seat, so keep your squatting arses away from my trailer. Also, as many of us are taking a longer trip later in the year, we can come together on dates for the CO trip. Sounds like many of the attendees for this spring break shindig will also be traversing the route to RAMR. So, with that in mind I'll bring the maps and calendar for what I plan on to get to and from CO. I'm will be looking for input on places to stay that interest folks.

What is the thought for gathering to get to where we plan on camping here. Anyone have ideas for a meeting spot or launch location? Still thinking about dropping by Jeffs Thursday night scooping him up for a leader. I have not attended this before and would rather have a veteran lead us to the site. I know some are driving cause they can't handle a little chill when sleeping. And we will need dry wood to keep us warm and cozy. So, actually these drivers will help immensely.
I have a big pile (already split) of elm that is the result of a wind/snow storm last year about this time. I don't have a wood stove to burn it in so I can donate a bunch to the cause. Course that means I have to bring a vehicle so I might as well bring my camper.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #21
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,638
Quote:
Looks like Chimney Rock is a bit further than I thought, 165 miles from my house in SW Portland. Not thrilled about riding at night in the sticks and I can't get away until 6ish on thursday, so my options are ride til dusk and camp out at somewhere near Mt Hood (if any campgrounds are open this early) and finish up in the morning, or just leave on Friday morning instead. Would be happy to meet-up if anybody else is thinking along those timeframes.

If the weather looks pissy, I'll may just take my truck camper and drive right through (10 MPG vs 50 MPG ). In that scenario I will bring some wood also...but it won't be no clean burnin ELM!

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #22
zedx9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
In that scenario I will bring some wood also...but it won't be no clean burnin ELM!
Elm would not be my first choice but I don't own a woodstove any more and using this stuff isn't robbing from someones heating wood. Just don't hang out down wind of it
Old 03-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #23
asrvivor
Rabies Cure ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedx9 View Post
Elm would not be my first choice but I don't own a woodstove any more and using this stuff isn't robbing from someones heating wood. Just don't hang out down wind of it
Ya STEER clear of the vaulted toilet too.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #24
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1marks View Post
Vault Toilet?....who taught tyou how to camp? I could bring you that toilet seat and we could set it up over the sidecar of arsvivor's new Ural. ).
GREAT idea !!!!
I don't need an oval one, so that sounds like much better use

There is no dispersed camping allowed by this river, and it was a great campspot.
Don't need/want a vault toilet myself, as you know, but it's clean and won't get any other use.

The issue I have with "campsites" is the other people in adjacent campsites.
We've solved that by going in MARCH !!
Who the pluck is stoopid enough to do that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1marks View Post
PS: Does this imply I want to come. Yes. Do I have permission yet. No. Am I working on it. Yes. I am now anyway (hello s1marks-wife who reads all my posts to see what trouble I'm getting into....I love you honey...might be a little late home...was thinking of dropping by the flowers shop on the way).

You are one punny pucker
I'll sure look forward to you being with us
Good Luck.
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #25
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhooRay View Post
I'll have my daughter that weekend. So I'll have to see how it works out for me. We might come out in my ghetto truck with my ghetto camper to stay warm and maybe I can find a nanny for the day part while I ride?

With any luck, I'll be getting used to my new Dakar...

I'll show up somehow!
I didn't mean to step on your timeframe, Jay.
Shoot, I can go whenever, that weekend was asrvivor's idea.
How old is your daughter? Younguns will need a Nanny, with that rushing brown river right there.
Teens would have plenty to do, hiking up to Chimney Rock on the bluff above, for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilin jack View Post
Can I go too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
Invitations needed?
Can't you guys read?

Public Forum,.... Public Invitation. I'll look forward to you making it !!
The more the Merrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedx9 View Post
I have a big pile (already split) of elm that is the result of a wind/snow storm last year about this time. I don't have a wood stove to burn it in so I can donate a bunch to the cause. Course that means I have to bring a vehicle so I might as well bring my camper.
Yeah, Firewood !! kumbaya, indeed !!
Jay wants to get rid of his KLR by then, so we had no other way to retreive it
Old 03-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #26
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
Not thrilled about riding at night in the sticks and I can't get away until 6ish on thursday...
...Would be happy to meet-up if anybody else is thinking along those timeframes.
I believe John was thinking about that exact timeframe.
I would not expect any campgrounds anywhere around Mt. Hood to be open.

I could meet you at CJ's Chevron gas station, about 3-4 miles East of Hwy26 / Hwy35 intersection.
You know the one, all by itself up there, between Frog Lake & Timothy Lake.

We could find a warmer and dry place somewhere closer to Madras,
after as we pass Warm Springs Reservation.

Quote:
Ya STEER clear of the vaulted toilet too.
This is March, it won't have any use, and it'll be clean as a whistle
But, I still wouldn't put my lips on it, like I would a whistle.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #27
pigpen
Gone Riding

Oddometer: 622
can't read/or ride

AJ,
Just wanted to make sure I was not stepping on anyone's toes!!!LOL
I'll look forward to meeting and riding w/ you guys!
I'll be leaving Portland thurs nite, Maybe someone wants to carpool, I have a new to me trailer for 2-3 bikes!
Later,

Having fun is not a sport! It's a full time job for some of us!
pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #28
smilin jack
Grandpa Adventurer

Talking with fbritt5, Don and Larry

Trying to talk fbritt5, Don and Larry into going along. Keep getting comments like: Hey, it's winter and cold and ...

Am filing vacation request paperwork tomorrow for 29 and 30 March, so when it's approved, the gear starts being packed. Will travel light and hope to find an empty bunk in a camper among friends.

Dave
Old 03-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #29
smilin jack
Grandpa Adventurer

One Wheel Trailer

Quote:
Well, this is becoming a nice little group isn't it. In the interest of keeping a new bike from becoming a place to shit. I'll be riding the DR. Yes I'll have the trailer, but it will not be mounted with a toilet seat, so keep your squatting arses away from my trailer.

Hoping to have a look/see on your one wheel trailer. Maybe hook it to my bike for a quick spin and trial. Saw one like it at ProCycle and the guy offered me a trial run around Springfield, but I was in the car, not the bike. Was sure impressed with the hitch setup. I already have two Action Packer boxes (small and a medium).

Looking forward to riding/camping at Crooked River with the group.

UPDATE: Got my two vacation days, so will be leaving March 29 before lunch and hope to get camp setup before dark. Guess a tent better go in case no warm bunks are available, but I can always hope.

Frank, do you need help loading your camper? Your wife going? Don wants to go if he can trailer the CRF 230F (maybe he'll go). Says it's too far at 45 mph.

Dave

smilin jack screwed with this post 03-12-2012 at 08:50 PM Reason: add photo link
Old 03-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #30
asrvivor
Rabies Cure ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilin jack View Post

Hoping to have a look/see on your one wheel trailer. Maybe hook it to my bike for a quick spin and trial. Saw one like it at ProCycle and the guy offered me a trial run around Springfield, but I was in the car, not the bike. Was sure impressed with the hitch setup. I already have two Action Packer boxes (small and a medium).

Looking forward to riding/camping at Crooked River with the group.

Dave
You bet Jack. I think Jeff will have his as well. Although his is bolted to an Orange bike. So you probably don't want to hook that to your bike. Maybe incompatible. Or cause major damage from not liking anything but orange.