User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2015, 05:02 PM   #1
msamsen OP
Goat Rider

Oddometer: 62
Touratech Shocks - height increase????

For those of you that have put the TT shocks on your GS, how much, if any, was the bike raised as a result of the install. I know one person reported a 1.5" increase in seat height. I'm wondering if that is a consistent finding.

Secondarily, does anyone have any experience with BOTH the TT Expedition shock and the Wilbers? If so, what are the pros and cons? (I know there are some older threads on this...just looking for any additional info before I pull the plug on one or the other.).

FWIW, I'm putting the TT Extreme cartridges on the front.

Thanks!
Mike

The Goat - '14 F800GS
The Mule - '13 R1200RT
msamsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:57 PM   #2
Merlin32
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamsen View Post
For those of you that have put the TT shocks on your GS, how much, if any, was the bike raised as a result of the install. I know one person reported a 1.5" increase in seat height. I'm wondering if that is a consistent finding.

Secondarily, does anyone have any experience with BOTH the TT Expedition shock and the Wilbers? If so, what are the pros and cons? (I know there are some older threads on this...just looking for any additional info before I pull the plug on one or the other.).

FWIW, I'm putting the TT Extreme cartridges on the front.

Thanks!
Mike
I thought that model had a hydrolic pre-load which can take or give 1-2" . Am I wrong?
Merlin32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:41 AM   #3
GPHusky250
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 546
I installed the TT fork cartridge and rear extreme shock on a 2014 GSA. It increased the seat height about 25mm or an inch. I've talked at length with many people and the consensus is that...at least for the F800s...they are undersprung from the factory. I've also heard they are set up for 170lb riders.

So when a short 200lb guy like me gets on, the stock spring compresses and my boots get closer to the street. :) That's a plus.

When I installed the TT setup...the result was a bike an inch or so higher and I was on my extreme tippy toes. REALLY had to pay attention when you came to a stop.

Just today I purchased the BMW low seat...got the inch back...and all is well. It's still a tall bike, but I'm ok with the current seat height.

So, in answer to your question, it adds probably an inch.

Once you get your TT fork cartridges and if you go with the extreme rear shock, let me know if your lean angles increased when it's on a kickstand.
GPHusky250 is offline   Reply With Quote