User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2015, 03:27 AM   #1
trailguru OP
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Fitting givi frame to f650gs twin probs

After a lot of hassle and a bodge with a bolt I managed to fit new Givi pannier frames (PLR5103 - doesn't use the top box/grab handle mounting) to my 650GS.

It is possible that the frame (near/exhaust side) was bent before I got it so I was wondering if anyone else had issues with QR holes not lining up and/or joining surfaces not mating up in the same plane? On mine it was the QR on the frame where it should insert into the hole on the footpeg bracket.
trailguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:21 AM   #2
neomodi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailguru View Post
After a lot of hassle and a bodge with a bolt I managed to fit new Givi pannier frames (PLR5103 - doesn't use the top box/grab handle mounting) to my 650GS.

It is possible that the frame (near/exhaust side) was bent before I got it so I was wondering if anyone else had issues with QR holes not lining up and/or joining surfaces not mating up in the same plane? On mine it was the QR on the frame where it should insert into the hole on the footpeg bracket.
Dear, the Model that you mention is for F650 or F800, are you trying to use on G650?

I mount this on my F800 and due the asymmetrical the pieces have only one position, also I have to remove the escape to pullout the factory sport
rack support.

do you have some pictures?
neomodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:54 AM   #3
trailguru OP
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by neomodi View Post
Dear, the Model that you mention is for F650 or F800, are you trying to use on G650?

I mount this on my F800 and due the asymmetrical the pieces have only one position, also I have to remove the escape to pullout the factory sport
rack support.

do you have some pictures?
I haven't got photos but I'm fitting it to an F650GS Twin (2010). According to Givi this the right rack.
trailguru is offline   Reply With Quote