User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
Qwik OP
Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer: 6,213
dheimer went down.

Hes alright but gonna be a bit sore. Im waiting on him to post some pics. Evidently a dog ran in front of him and he hit it square. The road he was on is residential so I assume less than 35MPH. Bike is evidently a mess. He was ATGATT so he is in pretty good shape. Said he looped the bike when he hit the beastie.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwik View Post
Hes alright but gonna be a bit sore. Im waiting on him to post some pics. Evidently a dog ran in front of him and he hit it square. The road he was on is residential so I assume less than 35MPH. Bike is evidently a mess. He was ATGATT so he is in pretty good shape. Said he looped the bike when he hit the beastie.
Ouch... Hope nothing serious
Old 03-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #3
viola-tor
Needs to ride!

Oddometer: 2,071
Must've been some dog!

Maybe?

Seriously though, hope he's alright and back with us soon.
viola-tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #4
dheimer
Burnin' fossil fuels

Oddometer: 195
Looped!

Qwik,
Damn that was QWIK! IM all right thank god for good gear though. I dont want to post any pics till the insurance is done with their business. Ride home from work, t-boned a dog at around 30. Pitched me, bike ass ended over tea kettle and I was left looking at boken bits all over the road surface. Owners acknowledged fault. I assume insurance will cover damages. Sorry CJ, I had planned on using this weekend to install a bunch of new bits and pieces. Guess that will have to wait. Again with the ATGATT. Mt jacket suffered rash all the way through as well as my pants. Dog literally ran for the hills, I am sure I heard a YELP as I was headed to the pavement, and another one as I hit the pavement.
Ive had a few beers, licked my wounds, cried over broken parts, and will hopefully have it all sorted quickly.

Glacier ride report-http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=812193

dheimer screwed with this post 03-06-2012 at 10:34 PM
dheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
Qwik OP
Adrenaline Addict

Im glad You're Okay Brother. Bike can be fixed or replaced.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
dheimer
Burnin' fossil fuels

Looped

Come on QWIK! That was a common dog.....Im a DEVIL DOG! gonna take more to take me out!

Old 03-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #7
Qwik OP
Adrenaline Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheimer View Post
come on qwik! That was a common dog.....im a devil dog! Gonna take more to take me out!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #8
cjracer
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,954
Quote:
Qwik,
Damn that was QWIK! IM all right thank god for good gear though. I dont want to post any pics till the insurance is done with their business. Ride home from work, t-boned a dog at around 30. Pitched me, bike ass ended over tea kettle and I was left looking at boken bits all over the road surface. Owners acknowledged fault. I assume insurance will cover damages. Sorry CJ, I had planned on using this weekend to install a bunch of new bits and pieces. Guess that will have to wait. Again with the ATGATT. Mt jacket suffered rash all the way through as well as my pants. Dog literally ran for the hills, I am sure I heard a YELP as I was headed to the pavement, and another one as I hit the pavement.
Ive had a few beers, licked my wounds, cried over broken parts, and will hopefully have it all sorted quickly.

Oh Man.. That sucks. So glad to hear you're OK. We can replace the bike parts, but I don't have a human parts division yet......

Be sure they cover your riding gear..... I can hook you up with nice new threads.

Rest up and heal fast.
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #9
dheimer
Burnin' fossil fuels

Looped.

CJ, Thanks for the heads up, as hard as youre working over there, I suspected you did have a human parts division by now, god knows you seem to be working on everything else!
Any chance you have the black aqualine tanks in stock? With the damage to the upper fairings, I suspect cost will run close to that of aqualines. Interestingly enough, I just ordered a bunch of new parts that I havent yet received. Some of the parts I ordered (not yet received) were damaged, so that will be some extra towards tanks, etc. considering I already have some of those parts coming.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #10
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,139
Quote:
Owners acknowledged fault. I assume insurance will cover damages. .
Who's insurance are you talking about ?

Last dog I hit (25 years ago), their homeowner's insurance covered everything.
Sounds like a similar incident, with the dog running off !
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, still for sale.
Florida Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #11
cjracer
AWD please!!

Oddometer: 3,954
Quote:
Any chance you have the black aqualine tanks in stock?
I'm still working out the details.... I'll keep you in mind.
cjracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #12
dheimer
Burnin' fossil fuels

looped

I have progressive, and all of it I can. It sounds as though they will go after either their homeowners, or vehicle insurance. Thankfully, they provided all info to the responding officers. I also have uninsured motorist, the claims guy told me that if for some reason their insurance doesnt cut it, for whatever reason it will revert to uninsured motorist. He informed me that rates wont increase, as I wasnt at fault, gear would be covered and maybe loss of work as well. I really didnt push the issue too much at this point. I think they are very concerned about possibility of injuries and possible claims in that area which as we are all very well aware could amount to way more than repair of the bike to new or better.I have a feeling they will want to get the bike looked over quickly and pay for whatever is needed.
The crash happened literally 300 yards from my house, neighbors dog. I went down there last night after I had calmed down to check on it. The dog returned hours later, and other than a scratch on its head they didnt note any other injuries. They did say that the dog was very subdued. They were taking it to a vet today though to make sure.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #13
ok64
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
I have Progressive and luckely only had to deal with them once but the experience was great. A car pulled up in front of me and I hit it hard,bike totalled. His fault, no question. This was a bike I just bought a day earlier from the dealer. I had my check from Progressive before I had my, now useless, title in the mail! Went straight back to the dealer, he likes me now

Check out www.ADVSPOT.com, my site with lots of links to Adventure products and information. (I don't sell anything) Send me a PM if you have a link you want to add.
ok64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #14
Qwik OP
Adrenaline Addict

Hey Gunny, Post some pics!
Old 03-08-2012, 01:29 AM   #15
2upAussie990
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 439
Hoope you're not too knocked about mate, bikes can be repaired, bones and bodies sometimes not as easy.
2upAussie990 is offline   Reply With Quote