User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
Freshnezz OP
Wanderer

Oddometer: 23
Pissed a silly '07 GS brake light question

My brake light is always on (the larger element of the two). When I hit the brakes, the smaller, 5V element, always-on driving rear light comes on, which ain't gettin' me nuthin'.

...and I had just picked the thing up from the shop where I got a state safety inspection. Interestingly, when I got it back to work 15 min later, the rear light was out (didn't do a walk-around when I picked it up . I replaced it w/a new one (have 2 x new ones, have tried both) and the brake element is always on. I note that there's a right way and wrong way to install it, given the different heights of the two small studs off the side of the bulb, so it's in the right way. Only a few days prior, I had tested all the lights on the bike to make sure all was well, just my normal safety checks before rides.

Interestingly, 2 hrs after I originally dropped it off for the safety check, they called me to inform my fork seal(s) had blown out to the point there was fork fluid running down the fork and onto the wheel and workstand. I found this funny-odd, as no fluid had sprayed back onto me and the bike when I rode it there, and upon inspection later (when I picked it up with safety inspection and new fork seals and oh yeah, 3 more hrs labor charge..), there was no fluid of significance on the parking lot asphalt where I had left the bike. Not sure if I am to think the process of them wheeling it 40' to the mechanic's stand and raising it up blew out my fork seals....hm.

That fork affair aside, any recommendations on the brake issue? Thanks.