User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
2whljunky OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
KTM 690 Fuel Injector

Quick question on the 690 enduro fuel injector. I am planning a long trip this summer, and while doing the fuel filter mod, the business Ihad talked to to order up a part, told me that if I am doin a long trip, I had better take an extra fuel injector with me, they are known to fail on these bikes. Now, I am not oppossed to carrying spare parts, never know what could fail at an time, but, with all the reading I have been doin on here and other places, I haven't found this to be an issue, like the pumps failing. Has anyone else had problems with their injectors, before I go blow a hundred bucks for a part to take for a ride??
2whljunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
Pate
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whljunky View Post
Quick question on the 690 enduro fuel injector. I am planning a long trip this summer, and while doing the fuel filter mod, the business Ihad talked to to order up a part, told me that if I am doin a long trip, I had better take an extra fuel injector with me, they are known to fail on these bikes. Now, I am not oppossed to carrying spare parts, never know what could fail at an time, but, with all the reading I have been doin on here and other places, I haven't found this to be an issue, like the pumps failing. Has anyone else had problems with their injectors, before I go blow a hundred bucks for a part to take for a ride??
We had to clean twice the injector on long travel. KTM690 has no good fuel filter. In after time of these events we have mounted external automobile fuel filters on all our KT690s. After that the injector problems have stopped.
Russian Off-Road Challenge 2010 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579487
BMW F800GS KTM 300EXC KTM 690 R +RRP

Pate screwed with this post 03-12-2012 at 12:25 PM
Pate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:13 AM   #3
stoner_PL
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pate View Post
We had to clean twice the injector on long travel. KTM690 has no good fuel filter. In after time of these events we have mounted external automobile fuel filters on all our KT690s. After that the injector problems have stopped.
Would you please tell what type of fuel filter did you use? On some Colebatch's post (dedicated to KTM 690 mods) I've noticed the Fram G5915 but would be good to confirm it. Thanks!
stoner_PL is offline   Reply With Quote