Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2014, 10:55 AM   #391
athomerecords25
Vintage YZ *****

Oddometer: 99
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ_Kevin View Post

I may have a clark tank for an '82 yz490 but it is kind of rough and I would need to check to see if it still holds gas. You are welcome to that one.

Kevin

Did anyone take you up on the 1982 Clarke Yamaha YZ490 Tank?
athomerecords25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:13 PM   #392
FJ_Kevin OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
John Penton Movie

So where does the time go? Summer has flown by and the dirt biking action has been a bit thin for me these last couple of months. But we did get to go to the sold out John Penton movie event held here in Maryland a few weeks ago.

And what a nice event it was. Not only did local club members arrange for a BBQ & informal bike show but the big surprise was to learn that John and Jack Penton would be coming in from Ohio to attend in the flesh!

The movie was terrific and turn out was great. Got to sit, chat and eat BBQ with Jack Penton. John was pretty busy signing autographs (tanks and old Penton brochures), chatting it up with the young ladies. Several old Pentons were on display including a Penton trials bike.

Here are a few photos of the event I hope all will enjoy!

The final tally was 270 tickets sold!

Unfortunately, the Gathr Movie Captain, Brett Smith, was injured and could not attend the event. Hearing this, John and Jack Penton drove to the hospital for a personal visit with Brett. Pretty cool I thought especially as they had just drove in from Ohio. Here is a snippet from a facebook page that appeared days later.

The club requested attendees come on motorcycles and wear vintage offroad gear. It was too far to ride over on the IT490 so we took the Italian Husqvarna. Note the Hi-point boots, turns out Penton had a hand in these too.

Jack Penton is a very personable and approachable guy and gave a nice talk at the BBQ before the movie.

Several brought their old Penton Jerseys even if they didn't quite fit anymore :-) .

I believe John Pento is about 89 year old but still pretty spry as Renee found out!

This is long time club member Tommy G (tan shirt). Tommy is about the nicest guy you will ever meet. He now owns the Husqvarna with CZ motor that inmate Scootern built (it's a small world!). Tommy also has Pentons and that is his tank being signed by Mr. Penton.

And now for some of the bikes on display.

Here is Paul Stannard and his wife. They came down from New England for the event.

Paul is the owner of Strickly Hodaka and supplies those super duper Preston Petty fenders I've been using on a couple of my dirt bike restorations.

I really liked his shirt too!

Soon it was time to ride over to the movie theater.

I really enjoyed the movie, not only the motorcycling part of it but also the story of the business and the various dealings that went on. Even Renne liked it.

And I was not aware that Penton also started Hipoint and was responsible for the success of Hipoint boots.

So overall a real good time... delicious BBQ, nice bikes on display and great to have met and talked with John and Jack in person!

Two thumbs up!

My Vintage Husqvarna/Motocross Restoration Extravaganza Thread
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=964670
FJ_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:50 PM   #393
D.T.
One wheel wonder...

Oddometer: 9,620
Cool2

Cool!
D.T. is online now   Reply With Quote