User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
Stick_man OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
how far can you push old light trail cycles

done some very limited trail work on this thing. it gets stuck easy. lol. what is the most somethinglike this can do off road.

Stick_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:53 AM   #2
Brunow - 007
Bantam Fever

Oddometer: 308
I like them!

The great american freedom machine
Old 03-15-2012, 05:12 AM   #3
LukeDuke25
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
I had a KE100 when I was younger. I jumped it like it was a motocross bike. Blown fork seals, busted the footpegs off several times, even broke the frame below the footpeg. Nothing a good welder couldn't fix! That bike ran FOREVER and ALWAYS started on the first or second kick. It never let me down no matter how hard I thrashed it!
LukeDuke25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #4
stainlesscycle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick_man View Post
done some very limited trail work on this thing. it gets stuck easy. lol. what is the most somethinglike this can do off road.

i have a feeling those tires are your issue

with some nice soft terrain knobbies i bet you could go just about anywhere aside from the largest hills....

i have a ct1 that'll go anywhere once i swap them 'enduro' tires off.. the forks a quite spindly though..
07 gasgas xc300-94 duc 900ss-86 morini camel (2)-84 IT200-83 IT175-78 guzzi lm1-77 pursang 250-76 morini 3 1/2 strada-76 frankentaco pursang 200-74 frankentaco pursang 200-74 morini 3 1/2 sport-74 mz ts250/0-74 puch 175 (3)-73 can-am 175tnt-71 guzzi frankeneldo-71 ossa Stiletto-70 frankentaco sherpa s(2)-66 morini corsarino(2)-63 morini corsaro + many more
stainlesscycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
Donkey Hotey
De Jo Momma

Oddometer: 10,457
I hope you aren't serious. That thing looks like an amazing survivor. You need to take some good pictures, put together a thorough listing on Ebay and sell that to somebody that will appreciate and preserve it. The first time you break ANYTHING, you're screwed and that bike becomes a parts-donor.

I'd seriously bet that you could get $1200-2000 for that, depending on the real condition and a well distributed ad. Go buy something more modern and maintainable with the proceeds.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
Bump Stop
2 Wheeled Drifter

Oddometer: 5,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey View Post
I hope you aren't serious. That thing looks like an amazing survivor. You need to take some good pictures, put together a thorough listing on Ebay and sell that to somebody that will appreciate and preserve it. The first time you break ANYTHING, you're screwed and that bike becomes a parts-donor.

I'd seriously bet that you could get $1200-2000 for that, depending on the real condition and a well distributed ad. Go buy something more modern and maintainable with the proceeds.
+1, lots of cheap bikes out there to beat on.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
Stick_man OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump Stop View Post
+1, lots of cheap bikes out there to beat on.

yeah maybe you guys are right. i bought that thing and it a shitbox. i wanted something a little more intersting to get my permit on than some beater honda rebel from the msf class i rode + i was wet from a read of zen and the art of mc maint. so i bought that thing.

i beat the hell out of it. mostly on road including throttle wide open on the expressway for miles to see how fast i could get it to go (70 after miles of trying to get it up to speed)

i broke 4 gears on it. i bought a donor engine and put it back together. along the way i had a couple of japanese mcs that i sold on account of money or as boat anchor parts cycle

but that thing always stayed. it still looks like that more or less. it was painted with rattle cans that i had custom mixed shortly b4 the pic . it sit under a cover with no tags outdoors though since with an occasional short ride

i started it recently however. i always wanted to buy a cheap trailer and ride that thing off road however.
Stick_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #8
Bump Stop
2 Wheeled Drifter

Oddometer: 5,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick_man View Post
yeah maybe you guys are right. i bought that thing and it a shitbox. i wanted something a little more intersting to get my permit on than some beater honda rebel from the msf class i rode + i was wet from a read of zen and the art of mc maint. so i bought that thing.

i beat the hell out of it. mostly on road including throttle wide open on the expressway for miles to see how fast i could get it to go (70 after miles of trying to get it up to speed)

i broke 4 gears on it. i bought a donor engine and put it back together. along the way i had a couple of japanese mcs that i sold on account of money or as boat anchor parts cycle

but that thing always stayed. it still looks like that more or less. it was painted with rattle cans that i had custom mixed shortly b4 the pic . it sit under a cover with no tags outdoors though since with an occasional short ride

i started it recently however. i always wanted to buy a cheap trailer and ride that thing off road however.
find yourself a kdx200/220, 95 or newer, you can probably find a nice one in your area for $1,000-$1,500. the easiest bike to ride off road.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #9
thumpty dumpty
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesscycle View Post
i have a feeling those tires are your issue

with some nice soft terrain knobbies i bet you could go just about anywhere aside from the largest hills....

i have a ct1 that'll go anywhere once i swap them 'enduro' tires off.. the forks a quite spindly though..
+1 I wouldn't spend much time in the air, but with some decent tires that bike should go anywhere there is a trail, was a trail, or slightly resembles a trail.
thumpty dumpty is offline   Reply With Quote