ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #2686
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRNASTY View Post
Hey guys, sorry I didn't help you push the KTM out when u ran out of gas, didn't think....
Don't worry I told GSA-Pilot to bring the tow rope...surely he didn't forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster11 View Post
KTM....gas....pushing....gonna be a story here.
That is another Built-in-feature brought you by KTM...
Old 12-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #2687
REAPER_ONE
YOU'RE DONE

Oddometer: 3,050
So we started at WAWA... waiting for a third. No show

Arrived a bit later... damn lights all the way from Annapolis.

I did the 2.5 mile loop 6 times. New record for me. Needed to leave at 1130pm for a meeting. She's dirty again.

Dave and crew rode the 12 mile loop... I wasn't there for the no gas in the KTM story.

Good morning ride. Looking forward to the big loop on Sunday.
REAPER_ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #2688
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

For the love of God!

There are no less than 16 feet which reside at Blastoff Adventures. For most of a decade, we had 100% operational availability.

Naturally, Blaster has been on medical reserve (which hopefully ends tomorrow). Then last weekend, the horse tweaks his foot/leg/knee. Got a good plan of action from the vet, and he seems much better. Now the dog appears to have broken a toe. Honestly I get what a foot xray looks like, I don't need anymore feet issues..
Old 12-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #2689
JRNASTY
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
[QUOTE=Dorito;20285818]Don't worry I told GSA-Pilot to bring the tow rope...surely he didn't forget

I could have used that tow row on the clay hill on the short loop!
JRNASTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #2690
EOD3MC OP
What will break next

Oddometer: 4,640
Mid-Week Eagle Bay ride...

For the middle of the week we had a pretty good turn out...
EOD3MC
GSA_Pilot
JRNASTY
CROFROG

We even had Donk show up just after noon

Last night I wasn't so sure I was going to be able to make it...Docs though Bree might have appendicitis
Turns out the CT scan showed no major issues

After getting home just after 3am I had a couple hours to get some sleep before I needed get to bike loaded and head out.

Met Lance at WaWa....coffee and the usual bs-ing while we waited for Crofrog...after waiting a few minutes, we got a text from him saying he was running behind schedule and would meet us at the water tower.

Just about the time we got everything unloaded..he arrived After he got ready to go, we were off for the short loop.
Conditions were much better then Sunday, still slick in spots but nicely dried out.

After a couple loops, were headed up to the tower for a short break and JRNasty showed
And we were off to the short loop again
The advanced option was much better than Sunday, but the rooted hill climb was a bit of a challenge. Especially if you had 60/40 dual sport tires....The new Kenda had no problems though

After a few more laps it was back to the tower for a break...After that break Crofrog and I left Lance and JRNasty to ride the long loop. Sections of the long loop were slick as snot...with a few drops, tuck and rolls and close calls with small tress we eventually made it to the intermediate/expert split. After another quick break we were off on the expert section with Crofrog leading the way...With that 200 2-stroke he keeps a pretty quick pace...So I was kinda surprised that I caught up to him so quick...then I notice he's looking into the gas tank . While we are figuring out the best route to get gas back in his tank up rolls JRNasty. (either we took a lot of breaks or damn he's fast).

We...meaning Crofrog...pushed the bike back up the trail to the intermediate/expert splt and worked our way back to the houses. We left the bike by the road and Crofrog rode bitch on Dizzy back up to the trucks. When we got back to the tower we ran into Don. After driving down and refueling, it was 2-up again back down to the bike and back to the spot we left off at....While we were short cutting back, Don headed out on the long loop from the start.

A few more dumps, drops and ooops and we eventually made it out. Total time including drama...about 2 and a half hours. Not bad considering the the trails were hard to find at times, it was slick and (insert other good excuse here).

While sitting at the trucks talking about heading back onto the short loop, Don rolls up....1 hour 1 minute (and he was hanging trail markers)...There are times I really dislike that guy

A couple more short loop laps and I was done....tired, sore and loving the DRZ

But Crofrog wasn't....as I was loading up, he and Don were heading out on the long loop again

(yes...there is a KTM in that photo)

Overall...no real damage to the bike, but a few more scrapes....Me, on the other hand....whooped, tired and exhausted...had a couple tuck and tumbles...and a banged up knee...nothing serious, just sore

Overall....a prefect Wednesday
EOD3MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #2691
blaster11
Ecuador here we come

Oddometer: 6,689
So the rear tire bites pretty well eh? Now you just need the front and you are all set! Glad to hear everyone had a good time and survived. Like you said good turn out for middle of the week.

Glad to hear Bree is doing well!!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #2692
blaster11
Ecuador here we come

Oddometer: 6,689
Thumb Screws coming out tomorrow!

Surgery scheduled for 0900 tomorrow, so I guess the screws will be out by 1000 and probably heading for home by 1100. I will try to get pictures. I am going to ask for the screws....I gotta know how big these things are.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #2693
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD3MC View Post

After getting home just after 3am I had a couple hours to get some sleep before I needed get to bike loaded.
Nice pelt! Seems this answers the age old question of what really happened to cookie monster.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #2694
EOD3MC OP
What will break next

Oddometer: 4,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorito View Post
Nice pelt! Seems this answers the age old question of what really happened to cookie monster.
Her favorite blanket
EOD3MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #2695
gastone
R.I.P. sweet Angus

Oddometer: 2,079
Looks like crazy happenings all around.

Dave, glad to hear that Bree is okay.

Bruce, good luck tomorrow man!
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...
gastone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #2696
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastone View Post
Sore neck be damned I decided I'd ride the new steed to work today, knowing damn well that the battery in her is shite. So of course I get to work, kill the engine and then try to fire her back up.... no go. Dumbass. Hopefully the new battery will be here tomorrow or Friday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastone View Post
Looks like crazy happenings all around. !
Did you walk home this PM?
Old 12-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #2697
gastone
R.I.P. sweet Angus

Oddometer: 2,079
Nah, the bike started after sitting in the nice warm sun. Got her home to find my new battery had arrived... Gotta love amazon prime. Battery installed, now I'm just waiting for the tail tidy to arrive before I get her inspected.
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...
gastone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #2698
crofrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD3MC View Post
Mid-Week Eagle Bay ride...
Met Lance at WaWa....coffee and the usual bs-ing while we waited for Crofrog...after waiting a few minutes, we got a text from him saying he was running behind schedule and would meet us at the water tower.
Sorry about that again. Who put some many lights on 301!

Quote:
After a few more laps it was back to the tower for a break...After that break Crofrog and I left Lance and JRNasty to ride the long loop. Sections of the long loop were slick as snot...with a few drops, tuck and rolls and close calls with small tress we eventually made it to the intermediate/expert split. After another quick break we were off on the expert section with Crofrog leading the way...With that 200 2-stroke he keeps a pretty quick pace...So I was kinda surprised that I caught up to him so quick...then I notice he's looking into the gas tank . While we are figuring out the best route to get gas back in his tank up rolls JRNasty. (either we took a lot of breaks or damn he's fast).
I'm not sure how I managed to only get 7 miles on reserve...

Quote:
We...meaning Crofrog...pushed the bike back up the trail to the intermediate/expert splt and worked our way back to the houses. We left the bike by the road and Crofrog rode bitch on Dizzy back up to the trucks. When we got back to the tower we ran into Don. After driving down and refueling, it was 2-up again back down to the bike and back to the spot we left off at....While we were short cutting back, Don headed out on the long loop from the start.
First time riding on the back of a bike for me. :)

Quote:
A few more dumps, drops and ooops and we eventually made it out. Total time including drama...about 2 and a half hours. Not bad considering the the trails were hard to find at times, it was slick and (insert other good excuse here).

While sitting at the trucks talking about heading back onto the short loop, Don rolls up....1 hour 1 minute (and he was hanging trail markers)...There are times I really dislike that guy [/

A couple more short loop laps and I was done....tired, sore and loving the DRZ
Here's some video of 2 laps of the short loop

Eagle Bay novice loop from Chris Shafer on Vimeo.

Quote:
But Crofrog wasn't....as I was loading up, he and Don were heading out on the long loop again
I should have been I got pretty tired on that last loop.

Don is seriously quick and super efficient I was wasting allot of energy compared to him in the stick farms.

Thanks for inviting me out! It was indeed a perfect day.

I'll post some more video once I cut them together.

crofrog screwed with this post 12-19-2012 at 08:14 PM
crofrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #2699
macaroni
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster11 View Post
Surgery scheduled for 0900 tomorrow, so I guess the screws will be out by 1000 and probably heading for home by 1100. I will try to get pictures. I am going to ask for the screws....I gotta know how big these things are.
Make sure they get ALL the screws out! Break a le.....ah I mean, good luck tomorrow!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #2700
bloochdog
Itinerant jackass

Oddometer: 5,737
Anybody here want my Ohlins? Full factory serviced. Top of the line.