ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 07:32 AM   #4486
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer: 4,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by joints4sale View Post
Anyone have a "Pit Posse" coupon code?
shipping on all tool orders over $150.00 enter coupon code tools at check out!

FREE SHIPPING ON ALL APPAREL & HELMET ORDERS OVER $150.00. JUST ENTER THE WORD "Task" WHEN CHECKING OUT IN THE COUPON BOX

I think this one might be outdated----15% off all orders on for all Facebook fans and Twitter Followers! Use code at checkout: fbwed

If you want to wait a bit, it seems they have routine sales at 20-25% off

Cinco sale 1 May
4th of July
Halloween
Black Friday/Cyber Monday
Labor Day
Old 03-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #4487
joints4sale
No. Not "That Kind".

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorito View Post
shipping on all tool orders over $150.00 enter coupon code tools at check out!

FREE SHIPPING ON ALL APPAREL & HELMET ORDERS OVER $150.00. JUST ENTER THE WORD "Task" WHEN CHECKING OUT IN THE COUPON BOX

I think this one might be outdated----15% off all orders on for all Facebook fans and Twitter Followers! Use code at checkout: fbwed

If you want to wait a bit, it seems they have routine sales at 20-25% off

Cinco sale 1 May
4th of July
Halloween
Black Friday/Cyber Monday
Labor Day
Decided to go through Amazon. It's bizarre that sellers will sell the same stuff cheaper on Amazon than their own site.
Erik : IBA #40645
"If my life or death depends on getting Bruce or Dana on the phone then I'm gonna die." RFlagg42
2014 S1000R, 2010 R1200GSA 30th Anniversary Edition, 2003 Ktm 625sxc, 1999 DR350(gone), 2007 K1200GT (traded for the GSA). 2004 R1150R (traded for the GT)
joints4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:55 AM   #4488
blaster11
Fidus et Audax

Oddometer: 6,227
Good seeing you and Bree today and chatting about Rawhyde!.

So I took Chapel point road home and was rolling along through the twisties at a pretty good clip when I come over this rise and in the middle of the road is a groundhog. He wasn't huge but none the less a good size hog. I get on the binders pretty hard but quickly realize that their is no real chance in getting stopped or slowed enough, so instead I downshift and whack on the throttle WFO. Recently their was an article in Roadrunner magazine about hitting dear and their thought was that its better to hit the deer on the gas rather than in a hard decel as the bike will be more stable....so that was my plan....on the gas and stable! So of course the hog decides to come to my side of the lane and whack....I hit him!!!! I have to say that the bike remained stable and although I felt it in the bars it wasn't like I figured It would be. I had also turned the steering Stabilizer up a bit this morning once I realized I would be riding with a bit more spirit....I am sure that helped as well. That is the biggest thing I have hit and I would like to keep it that way! After I hit him I remembered that Easter Sunday 1976 I was in the Emergency room getting 14 stitches in my lip due to flipping my bicycle on an asphalt road and I really don't want to repeat that so the bike is put up for the rest of the day. Sorry about the groundhog but I would rather it be him taking the dirt nap than me!
Adventures of Blaster and Dorito
blaster11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #4489
joints4sale
No. Not "That Kind".

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster11 View Post

So I took Chapel point road home and was rolling along through the twisties at a pretty good clip when I come over this rise and in the middle of the road is a groundhog. He wasn't huge but none the less a good size hog. I get on the binders pretty hard but quickly realize that their is no real chance in getting stopped or slowed enough, so instead I downshift and whack on the throttle WFO. Recently their was an article in Roadrunner magazine about hitting dear and their thought was that its better to hit the deer on the gas rather than in a hard decel as the bike will be more stable....so that was my plan....on the gas and stable! So of course the hog decides to come to my side of the lane and whack....I hit him!!!! I have to say that the bike remained stable and although I felt it in the bars it wasn't like I figured It would be. I had also turned the steering Stabilizer up a bit this morning once I realized I would be riding with a bit more spirit....I am sure that helped as well. That is the biggest thing I have hit and I would like to keep it that way! After I hit him I remembered that Easter Sunday 1976 I was in the Emergency room getting 14 stitches in my lip due to flipping my bicycle on an asphalt road and I really don't want to repeat that so the bike is put up for the rest of the day. Sorry about the groundhog but I would rather it be him taking the dirt nap than me!
You sure it wasn't the Easter Bunny? For some reason he never showed at my house today?

Good to hear that all you suffered was some streaks in your drawers.
Erik : IBA #40645
"If my life or death depends on getting Bruce or Dana on the phone then I'm gonna die." RFlagg42
2014 S1000R, 2010 R1200GSA 30th Anniversary Edition, 2003 Ktm 625sxc, 1999 DR350(gone), 2007 K1200GT (traded for the GSA). 2004 R1150R (traded for the GT)
joints4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:28 AM   #4490
EOD3MC OP
What will break next

Oddometer: 4,368
And you were just talking about dodging deer....damn Murphy...always a curve ball.

Glad you came out alright...

We got a bit of rain on the way home, but still managed to take the dirt trail by the water treatment plant...yesterday Cheyenne and I saw about 10 turkeys when we went through there.
EOD3MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:15 PM   #4491
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Quote:
So of course the hog decides to come to my side of the lane and whack....I hit him!!!!
Ordinarily I'd be upset about road killing. But damn varmint deserves this for the blasted extra 6 weeks of bloody cold he gave up with that last 2 Feb prediction.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:16 PM   #4492
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Sugar Grove Tracks

Well, here's the first throw at the dart board for Sugar Grove:

Warm up on Friday. Well leave the peninsula and arrive around noonish. Drop the truck, and have fed riders up NLT 1300. Track should be easy dirt, with only a few water crossings. About 144 miles. We should have plenty of time to be back before sundown 18/1900ish.

Main Event on Sat. Challenging day--Slate Springs, Dunkle, German River, Vepco and even included a possible alternate track for 2nd Mountain

Cool Down lap on Sun. We'll get up, catch bfast and load up the rig. Check out time is noon, and we should be back around that time, but if not, we'll just load the bikes and hit the road.

Reminder for those that haven't chimed in, but may want to go. We'll need to get you a cabin reserved, so please don't lolly gag too long. Also, Fri and Sun should be big bike friendly.

Dorito screwed with this post 03-31-2013 at 01:34 PM
Dorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:44 PM   #4493
blaster11
Fidus et Audax

Yum yum....ridin time is here!
Old 03-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #4494
Dynamick
\dī-ˈna-mik\

Oddometer: 3,131
Quote:
the hog decides to come to my side of the lane and whack....I hit him!!!!
It wasn't a groundhog

Now you've done it!

Dorito, Glad the RTE is the only thing that got wrecked. Do you know what happened? Did a pad brake loose? Should you and Blaster11 ride on Easter week-ends? Will the answer to all these questions and more be posted during the rest of the week?
Guess I'll have to stay tuned ...
Dynamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #4495
Dynamick
\dī-ˈna-mik\

Oddometer: 3,131
Oh, and Happy Easter!
Dynamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #4496
blaster11
Fidus et Audax

Quote:
Originally Posted by joints4sale View Post
You sure it wasn't the Easter Bunny? For some reason he never showed at my house today?

Good to hear that all you suffered was some streaks in your drawers.
Actually I wasn't all that worried...kind of surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamick View Post
It wasn't a groundhog

Now you've done it!
I swear it was a groundhog, that's my story and I am sticking to it!
Old 03-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #4497
EOD3MC OP
What will break next

Oddometer: 4,368
Karen asks that we hit a panara's for breakfast on Friday so she can get bagels for breakfast...Other than that...good to go, her books and wine are packed
EOD3MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:29 PM   #4498
RaysGSAdv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:

Glad ur ok and don't worry about the ground hog, he lied about an early spring.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:36 AM   #4499
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Happy April

Don't forget to flip the calendar..

Old 04-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #4500
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Wunderlust T + 3 week schedule

Things to wunderlust about doing in the next 3 weeks:

Mon Apr 1 RTE (Hosted by LoPL) - Starting point - Exxon Station @ 2343 West Joppa Road, Brooklandville, MD
Fri Apr 5-8 CornerSpin Training - Spencer, NC
Sat Apr 6 Project Clean Stream - Cockeysville, MD
Sat Apr 6-7 AMA Dirt Days Hare Scramble - New Castle, DE
Fri Apr 12-14 Sugar Grove NSA - Sugar Grove, WV
Sat Apr 13 Morton's Open House - Fredericksburg, VA
Wed Apr 17-21 Laurel Forks Spring Campout, WV
Sat Apr 20-Tuscarora State Forest MSF DirtBike School, PA

If you have other events that need to be added to the calendar, post 'em up.