ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #5626
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSA_PILOT View Post
Did you all see this on the cat header thread? This was a Kevin's.
Yikes...put that in "whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger" category
Old 07-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #5627
blaster11
Ecuador here we come

Oddometer: 6,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastone View Post
I wouldn't mind giving Slate/Stonecamp/Union Springs a go. Long Run, Rough Run. Early works for me.

G.
I am going to have to pass for tomorrow but I have many more furlough days coming so I will let you know. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with Slate Springs/Stone Camp/Union Springs but that would rule Dana out due to ground clearance on the 698. Makes for a long day if she were to ride the 200 all the way out there.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #5628
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Ibr

Checkpoint #2 in Sacramento, CA is officially open

Quote:
Checkpoint #2 will open for business at 4:00 p.m. PDT this afternoon at the Marriott in Rancho Cordova, California. All riders should be checked in by 8:00 p.m. That won’t happen, naturally, and to punish the tardy ones they’ll be docked 15 points for each minute of lateness commencing at one second after eight. If they have not made it to the check-in table by 10:00 p.m., their rally is over and they will be free to depart for home at their convenience.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #5629
blaster11
Ecuador here we come

IBA update

Looks like Eric will be checking in soon.....hopefully he gets a good nights sleep prior to the final push.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #5630
badguy
Susan

Oddometer: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamick View Post
Smart, because this is the reality of playing with money.
Happy 4th!!!

Happy belated 4th to you (and everyone else) too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorito View Post
So the TTR has a new rider to terrorize, and another ADVer graduates to her next bike. After it spends the next 4 years in the EOD3MC residence, should be all ready for the Gastone residence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorito View Post
Badguy would try to convince us that is actually red
Well, I never said it was all red...

Looks like you folks are having some good times out in the yard. I won't be able to join in for a while (if it's ok with you, that is) but I got to play around on this today:

The guy who sold me the Beta was nice enough to let me ride his Montesa in today's event up in Taylorsville, MD. Somehow I pulled off a 2nd place again.
2. To ignore an event until the last minute so as to avoid any expectations of attendance, but then show up anyway.
badguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #5631
blaster11
Ecuador here we come

Quote:
Originally Posted by badguy View Post
The guy who sold me the Beta was nice enough to let me ride his Montesa in today's event up in Taylorsville, MD. Somehow I pulled off a 2nd place again.
2nd place.....very nice, how did the Montesa ride compared to your Beta?

IBA update.....Eric has made it to the hotel!!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #5632
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badguy View Post
Red bike, red ribbon. May I suggest you buy a blue bike next time?
Old 07-08-2013, 03:21 AM   #5633
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

T + 3 Weeks

Now-Jul 12 Iron Butt Rally
Sat Jul 27 RTE-Michaux, PA - Day Ride

New! events added to the calendar
16-18 Aug Four Winds Rally, PA
Quote:
Join us as we celebrate our Rally in Scenic Western, Pa. Once again, it will be held at Redbank Municipal Park, nestled in beautiful Clarion County. The rally will feature a Friday Night Dinner ride, Saturday GS Ride, Self-Guided Rides, Tech Sessions, Field Events and an amazing Saturday Night Dinner. The park is located 2.5 miles northeast of New Bethlehem, Pa., 18 miles south of I-80 on Route 28. GPS: N41 00.94, W79 17.52. Info: check out the facilities online at www.redbankpark.com . Enjoy two nights of camping with shaded campsites.
20-22 Sep Twin Valley Rally-Meadows of Dan, VA
Quote:
Join us for the 4th annual Twin Valley Rally at Willville Motorcycle Camp in Meadows of Dan, Virginia. The camp is at mile marker 177.7 on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The rally fee of $40 includes: Friday night grilled chicken, Saturday night pulled pork dinners; happy hour both nights; guided on-road and dual sport rides; live music; morning coffee; campfires; door prizes and a rally decal. Frontline Eurosports (BMW/Triumph) will have demo rides all day Saturday. Seated massages and all-you-can-eat Saturday breakfast are optional. Rally is limited to 175 and advance on-line registration is required.
20-22 Sep Ride the Blue Ridge-Catawba Meadows Park Morganton, NC
Quote:
We are happy to invite you to the 4th Annual RIDE the BLUE RIDGE with the Knob Mountain NC Motorcycle Chapter (Knobbies). The rally site is Catawba Meadows Park in Morganton. There is easy access to Interstate 40, and the best riding in the southeastern United States, including the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Snake, the Dragon, and many more roads that have not yet been “named”. Great tent camping is available on the rally site, as well as private shower facilities. RV sites are also available on-site as well. There are about 20 electrical hookups, but there is limited water and no septic hookups. There are local campgrounds nearby with full hook-ups for those that require sewer. Catawba Meadows Park also has a zip-line program on-site (a link is provided below) for those who would like and adventurous trip through the trees. Morganton has plenty of motel/hotel space as well. On Saturday night there will be live entertainment, door prizes and a 50/50 drawing. Food will be available on-site and a meal voucher will be provided in your packet for anytime during the event. We will be providing riders with the “Ride Along with the Knobbies” program during your stay. We will have dual sport rides, a “peaks” ride, and a ride designed for “taking-it-easy” cruising. We look forward to seeing everybody.
12-13 Oct Void Rally-Fredericksburg, VA
Quote:
The Void, much like every other rally (see 'Other Rally Links' page) is part scavenger hunt, part trivia quiz, part poker run, part marathon, and all done on a motorcycle. The goal is to have the most points at the end of the event. Points are acquired by visiting Bonus Locations and properly satisfying their requirements. Every Bonus Location gets an assigned point value; complete the requirements, get the points; Sounds easy, eh?
12-13 Oct Beemers & Warbirds-VA Beach, VA
Quote:
Ride the rural roads and soak in the beach atmosphere during the 2013 rally in Virginia Beach. Watch WWI airplanes take to the skies during the Military Aviation Museum’s 2013 Biplanes and Triplanes Air Show. Join the charity ride on Saturday. The ride will include a ticket to the Air Show. Great food, great friends, great bikes (all bikes welcome) - Make the Journey.
More information all post #2 calendar (click on each event)

Got ideas/events for calendar? Send them in

Dorito screwed with this post 07-08-2013 at 03:51 AM
Dorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:00 AM   #5634
EOD3MC OP
What will break next

Oddometer: 4,640
I think the Romaniacs took the "riding the rail" excercise a bit farther...

The same thing with their log crossings

Hell, they even included the damn tree stump

Maybe next year we'll be ready.....yeah right
EOD3MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:53 AM   #5635
joints4sale
No. Not "That Kind".

Oddometer: 2,930
Just signed up for "The Adventure of a Lifetime" .

I don't expect to qualify but for $200 its a bargain to play around at the BMW Performance Center.

Erik : IBA #40645---BMW135i FOR SALE<---CLICK
"If my life or death depends on getting Bruce or Dana on the phone then I'm gonna die." RFlagg42
2011 TC449, 2014 S1000R, 2010 R1200GSA 30th Anniversary Edition, 2003 Ktm 625sxc(gone), 1999 DR350(gone), 2007 K1200GT (traded for the GSA). 2004 R1150R (traded for the GT)
joints4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:14 AM   #5636
lakota
Geeser

Oddometer: 2,921
Eric has moved up to 11th place at the end of leg two. He should be heading east shortly
IBA #42016

my ride reports

follow my ride

lakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #5637
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Ibr

Going to be tough to break into the top 5 positions.

--Leg 2 highlights: 2 Riders got both the 10,500 point bonus for stopping at 34 pony express stations during daylight hours, and also the Pikes Peak 8,666 point bonus

The point bloopers:

Quote:
For reasons that Bob will spend the rest of his life wondering about, he turned instead to the northeast to pick up two bonuses in Roseville and Auburn worth 854 points and lost 10,752 points in the trade. He arrived at the finish with 25 minutes to spare, but 50th overall instead of 5th.
Quote:
rode to the top of Pikes Peak, took the obligatory photo, and received no credit for his effort. His motorcycle did not appear in the shot. Another 8,999 points down the proverbial drain for the endlessly screwed Crane.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #5638
joints4sale
No. Not "That Kind".

Oddometer: 2,930
Bravo to Eric.

It seems two riders ignored common sense and didn't follow conventional thinking. They also mostly ignored the warning at the beginning of the leg 2 bonus listing.....

"IMPORTANT CAUTION: The following bonus locations are like a restaurant menu. If you order everything on the menu and eat it, you are going to get sick and perhaps die. Please pick and choose bonus destinations carefully!"
Erik : IBA #40645---BMW135i FOR SALE<---CLICK
"If my life or death depends on getting Bruce or Dana on the phone then I'm gonna die." RFlagg42
2011 TC449, 2014 S1000R, 2010 R1200GSA 30th Anniversary Edition, 2003 Ktm 625sxc(gone), 1999 DR350(gone), 2007 K1200GT (traded for the GSA). 2004 R1150R (traded for the GT)
joints4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #5639
blaster11
Ecuador here we come

Quote:
Originally Posted by joints4sale View Post
Just signed up for "The Adventure of a Lifetime" .

I don't expect to qualify but for $200 its a bargain to play around at the BMW Performance Center.
Have fun!!
Old 07-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #5640
blaster11
Ecuador here we come

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakota View Post
Eric has moved up to 11th place at the end of leg two. He should be heading east shortly
That's awesome!!! Now the question is can he get into the top 10?