ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #6601
blaster11
Fidus et Audax

Oddometer: 6,204
Alright Garrett let's hear an honest assessment of the Husaberg and who did you loan it to that did something dumb or almost dumb on it? What are the first upgrades?
Adventures of Blaster and Dorito
blaster11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #6602
joints4sale
No. Not "That Kind".

Oddometer: 2,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster11 View Post
Alright Garrett let's hear an honest assessment of the Husaberg and who did you loan it to that did something dumb or almost dumb on it? What are the first upgrades?
I don't think Dave was there..........
Erik : IBA #40645
"If my life or death depends on getting Bruce or Dana on the phone then I'm gonna die." RFlagg42
2011 TC449, 2014 S1000R, 2010 R1200GSA 30th Anniversary Edition, 2003 Ktm 625sxc(gone), 1999 DR350(gone), 2007 K1200GT (traded for the GSA). 2004 R1150R (traded for the GT)
joints4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #6603
gastone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,933
Bruce, I racked up 500 miles this weekend. Engine and tranny are smooth as can be. Dean almost insisted on mounting new tires for me Thursday night. T63 rear and d606 up front. Much better on the pavement. The bike is a tractor. Road the usual trails with mtnflow, littlelionmonster, and hispistolship on Friday. Then returned Saturday with halfplate and some of the Richmond guys. They were all on big bikes, and the top of the mountain was nasty with all of the rain so we weren't hitting it hard, which is good cause I think I used up all of my good on Friday. Stalled it once in a corner on 151, pulled the clutch, started it and took off. I'm pretty sure I was in fourth and probably doing 10-15 mph when she restarted. Didn't downshift, just gassed her out. No hesitation whatsoever, she just pulled. The f.i. is spot on. No dead spots in the rev range, no surging. I had her loaded with way too much shit. Gotta work out a better camping setup. The stock seat isn't nearly as bad as the xc, but by Sunday morning I was pretty much done with it. So, Cush hub and renazco are on my short list, but in the meantime I desperately need a new jacket and probably a new helmet. Jacket first and the we go from there.

Oh yeah, I also lost my plate on German river. I just logged on to dmv to order a replacement. Seeing as how it is personalized, gonna take up to four weeks.
VAC
gastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #6604
gastone
Beastly Adventurer

Dean too her for a spin on a little single track trail he cut on loftus' compound. Dcrider and Dennis also took her for a quick loop as well. Nothing broken, which means by default it was a good weekend.
VAC
Old 10-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #6605
blaster11
Fidus et Audax

Husqvarna TE511 update

Here is mine on the Husky after the S500 weekend.Bike has gotten a bit better since last time with addition of the peg extensions, they were a pretty easy install overall and I could stand longer and more comfortably. I had also added a set of one inch bar risers which helped the riding position a lot either sitting or standing. I also got a set of bark busters since I bent one of my levers the last time out but I need to get the roost protectors still yet. I will most likely get the ones with the turn signals integrated into them. The seat still SUCKS and the tank is not getting any bigger apparently so that is high on the list to get done on the bike. I swapped over to Race Map II on the ECU in hopes of curing the flame outs by richening up the mix a bit. Most of the flame outs are now gone but I lost about 10 to 15 miles worth of range on a tank which I was only really getting 100 to 105 miles on. I am not so sure about how I feel about the close ratio 6 speed yet.....it may fall a bit short of expectations.
The Mitas rear tire I picked up just for this event seemed to bite pretty hard but then again the factory tire gave me less problems on Union springs....so the jury is still out considering the price on it and getting it shipped

I have to get a tail rack and bag mounted so I can carry some stuff.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #6606
gastone
Beastly Adventurer

The berg has the subframe auxiliary tank, but the low fuel light was coming on when the main was getting low. I think the subframe tank is feeding the main, but I'm not 100%. Which meant I was fueling up... A lot.

Riding position is good. Still not as comfy on pavement as I was with the xc, but then again it did rain all weekend. The front brake is a little squishy, I'll have to look into it. The front end is light, especially with the subframe tank. Which means nuts on the tank and cornerspin training were in full effect.
VAC
Old 10-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #6607
blaster11
Fidus et Audax

Agreed....cush hub for the DRZ and Husky would be a nice upgrade.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #6608
blaster11
Fidus et Audax

S what do you think total tank capacity is? Total guesstimate on fuel range?
Old 10-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #6609
EOD3MC OP
What will break next

Oddometer: 4,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by joints4sale View Post
I don't think Dave was there..........
Just evaluating the front suspension...
EOD3MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #6610
gots_a_sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastone View Post
Oh yeah, I also lost my plate on German river. I just logged on to dmv to order a replacement. Seeing as how it is personalized, gonna take up to four weeks.

I did an enduro a few weeks ago and a guy on my row had photocopied his original plate and just used a laminated copy of it on the bike. Not sure on the legality of it, but I thought it was brilliant.
09 Husky WR165 - VCHSS #79L
gots_a_sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #6611
gastone
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster11 View Post
S what do you think total tank capacity is? Total guesstimate on fuel range?
Front tank is 2.25 and aux is 1.1. When filling up after light went on I was only putting in twoish gallons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gots_a_sol View Post
I did an enduro a few weeks ago and a guy on my row had photocopied his original plate and just used a laminated copy of it on the bike. Not sure on the legality of it, but I thought it was brilliant.
I'm not so worried about the plate, the problem is that the bike isn't currently inspected. I get pulled over for the plate I can provide proof...but then I'll get nailed for no inspection. I rode home Sunday 2 hours with no plate. That's probably the only time I've been glad to ride in the rain. Less cops out and less visibility for the ones that were out. Sides, she ain't exactly inconspicuous.
VAC
Old 10-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #6612
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer: 4,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastone View Post
I'm not so worried about the plate, the problem is that the bike isn't currently inspected. I get pulled over for the plate I can provide proof...but then I'll get nailed for no inspection. I rode home Sunday 2 hours with no plate. That's probably the only time I've been glad to ride in the rain. Less cops out and less visibility for the ones that were out. Sides, she ain't exactly inconspicuous.
There will soon be a story about a cop, a map, a headlight and Macroni somewhere out west the way this one is shaping up
Old 10-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #6613
gastone
Beastly Adventurer

Gotta keep it interesting Dana.
VAC
Old 10-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #6614
EOD3MC OP
What will break next

Oddometer: 4,503
Got out for a bit today playing the North American Wildcard Tag...
(tried to get some of those HBN shots...think it needs more work)

We also played Cycle World Virginia Beach's Photo Scavenger Hunt game on facebook, but I needed a little help from Cheyenne and her friends

Someone doing a handstand....

Someone wearing a jean jacket and jean shorts...

3 people on your motorcycle with no feet touching the ground...

3 was easy...so we raised it to 5

each photo gets a point value, for every 10 points you get a raffle ticket for the weekly drawing..These pictures scored us 10 points so we are in for this week...sounds like the prize will be something like a $100 gift certificate
EOD3MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #6615
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer: 4,714
I did like your Columbus day reference "Santa Maria" on the North American tag. However, you should have at least left the neighborhood.