ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #7891
biker128pedal
Super Lurker

Oddometer: 2,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorito View Post
Do tell us more about the dirt...
It is Field Trial Road. Next to the Chilton Woods State Forest off Rt 3, Mary Ball Road. It is a little over 2 miles long.
Search on Google Maps "Field Trial Road Farnham, Va" to find.

There is not much dirt and gravel in the area. Ridge Road in that area is good. It is parallel to Rt 3, less traveled and has a double yellow line. I need to get up in that area more.

Wee Strommin along.
biker128pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:38 PM   #7892
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer: 5,106
NYD Ride

The day started oddly. Blaster decides that he'd like to get out today, and that perhaps the little yellow Cool Ranch would be noble steed. She's a short one and he's still a recovering monopod. I decide to go prep the girl for her outing. Tires checked, blinker fixed and most importantly pop on a SAE plug from the battery so he can have some electric heat.

All goes swimmingly well. Infact, I had forgotten that I had already added the SAE months earlier and just tucked it under the seat. I have so much "extra" time I decide to clean and grease both chains. And still time left over. Then I go looking for the SAE to Gerbings connector I bought months ago. Wrot RO SCAPPY! It's have the wrong male/female connector. WHOOPS!

Never fear, it seems that every time the cards are really down, somehow the B4 sled pulls a bunny out of a hat. With that, it's decided that she'll go and be a sled today. Now we are mostly late leaving the house. We make up some time, but arrive "fashionable" late.

We notice that a certain KTM in parked in the this spot: Oh no, the last time a KTM was in the exact same spot, it was also dripping Have we opened the Bermuda Triangle of KTM haters?

Quote:
J4S arrived first and went in for coffee. It seems when he came back out, he noticed that he had a installed a chain self-oiler. Or did he? Seems that when he popped on the bigger tooth sprocket, the washer didn't seat. Now, it was a metronome of oil drips. Surely, the 1 L of engine oil won't last 20 mins at this rate. So off to Advanced Auto Parts in Dahlgren.
Soon enough, EOD3MC has talked himself off a faulty fuel pump and into a faulty human fuel filler. After dosing better than a quart on the ground, we decide time to hit the road

The weather has been warming quickly, A 23F at 0600 is now 38F at 1000.

VACommuter

GeauXplor

Dorito

MotomanDan

EOD3MC

J4S

Biker128

Dave drops onto this nice hardpack.

Then off to a Northern Neck Hangout..North American Beaver Dam and Hut!

I love old industrial buildings. This one appears to be some sort of barge unloading dock and silos?

VACommuter started growing this wild mane during Movember. He now says he aint cutting it until he's under 200 lbs. So, he thinks it might be down to ankles by that time!

This crab soup was awesome.

Everyone thought the dumplings looked the same as the crab soup. Nah.

Ribs mmmmm

In normal Northern Neck fashion, J4S likes to place Horse and Hound games. Poor man just can't even seem to met in the morning, but boy he always finds us by mid-day.

Biker128 also rendezvous at lunch.

We might need to tweak on the ride home path. Too much of this stuff, really limited our through roads.

They always say to do the one thing you want to do all year on New Years Day. Mission accomplished! Thanks to all that came out and told tall tales with us.

Nothing (ad)ventured, Nothing Gained
Everything you want is on the other side of fear.
Dorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #7893
EOD3MC OP
What will break next

Oddometer: 4,679
Zombie Preps...during the ride today, I mentioned this video and was lucky enough to find it again...

EOD3MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #7894
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Ride Challenge Spreadsheet updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&usp=sharing

Alrighty, did some tweaking. All each rider needs to do is enter their mileage. You can do this one of two ways:

1) Daily Inputters: Enter your daily mileage ridden in columns B through AF. The spreadsheet will take care of tallying you monthly, quarterly and annual mileage and days ridden.

OR

2) Take the easy route and just enter your mileage and days ridden manually in columns AG and column AH

It will be doing some auto graphing and laughing at each other occasionally. I still can't believe we have two ironbutters in the mix.

PS J4S: When are we getting together for sushi and kickin' this officially?

Dorito screwed with this post 01-01-2014 at 06:26 PM
Old 01-01-2014, 06:25 PM   #7895
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer Josh View Post
Did you guys go anywhere near Reedville and the Omega menhaden plant? There's a restaurant at the Fairport Marina that sells shirts that say, "Take your girl to Reedville and kiss her where it stinks".
Quote:

Close, but not too close. Above is our map. Maybe I'll stop in next time and get Blaster a new shirt to ty-dye

Old 01-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #7896
EOD3MC OP
What will break next

Quote:
Ride Challenge Spreadsheet updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&usp=sharing

Alrighty, did some tweaking. All each rider needs to do is enter their mileage. You can do this one of two ways:

1) Daily Inputters: Enter your daily mileage ridden in columns B through AF. The spreadsheet will take care of tallying you monthly, quarterly and annual mileage and days ridden.

OR

2) Take the easy route and just enter your mileage and days ridden manually in columns AG and column AH

It will be doing some auto graphing and laughing at each other occasionally. I still can't believe we have two ironbutters in the mix.
Ok, I must be missing something...If I try to enter my 185.5 miles for today in cell B-55, it doesn't let me. Do we have to copy and save or something?
Old 01-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #7897
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD3MC View Post
Ok, I must be missing something...If I try to enter my 185.5 miles for today in cell B-55, it doesn't let me. Do we have to copy and save or something?
You need to log in using the account associated with the email address which is used to identify you. Only the 8 riders can edit, but anyone with the link can view the document. I sent you a PM with the email address I thought was yours.

Did that work?

Old 01-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #7898
EOD3MC OP
What will break next

Sho Nuff.... thanks
Old 01-01-2014, 06:57 PM   #7899
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Good deal. So, it looks like 1/2 the riders were able to log in successfully. Anyone else, let me know if you have other issues logging in.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #7900
Chisenhallw
Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer: 5,578

Couldn't pedal my bicycle. Couldn't trust my foot to hold up a moto if things go squirrelly. .
I review motorcycles for 2wheelsandamotor.com LoPL Twisty Weekend
Chisenhallw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:05 AM   #7901
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

MLK Day Ride?

Hey Folks--

Anyone want to ride out for the day on Monday, 20 Jan? Since the weather will be dicey, the days short and we'll be bundled up like Michelin Men, it will probably be closer to our own backyard.

Ideas as follows:

1) It looks like both the MerryPoint and Sunnyside ferries will be operating. So, we could doodle back around the Northern Neck area. We might need to tweak on some of the tracking to include our newest roads, but it's fun to get you and bike on a ferry if you've never done it.

2) I've test ridden the a track I have between FT AP Hill and Richmond. The first half was good ,and no idea what the second half has.

3) Middleburg Horse Country (either all dual sporting or tarmac only)

4) I have a new Northern MD/PA track I am working on. This could be dicey as the weather hardly get better more North (this starts 1.5 hrs from the SoMD)

5) I have another track that I am working on that is Cheaspeake Side of the Eastern Shore (St Michaels area, etc).

Old 01-02-2014, 05:12 AM   #7902
Dorito
Dreamer and Doer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisenhallw View Post
Couldn't trust my foot to hold up a moto if things go squirrelly.
Did you hurt your paw or just slumbering off a hangover?

Old 01-02-2014, 05:21 AM   #7903
lakota
Geeser

Oddometer: 2,977
I can sneak out for that. There are some good roads on the Eastern Shore through Blackwater Wildlife Refuge and then lunch in St Michaels.
My other thought is that if the weather is dicey staying on the tarmac is the better choice.

Quote:
Hey Folks--

Anyone want to ride out for the day on Monday, 20 Jan? Since the weather will be dicey, the days short and we'll be bundled up like Michelin Men, it will probably be closer to our own backyard.

Ideas as follows:

1) It looks like both the MerryPoint and Sunnyside ferries will be operating. So, we could doodle back around the Northern Neck area. We might need to tweak on some of the tracking to include our newest roads, but it's fun to get you and bike on a ferry if you've never done it.

2) I've test ridden the a track I have between FT AP Hill and Richmond. The first half was good ,and no idea what the second half has.

4) I have a new Northern MD/PA track I am working on. This could be dicey as the weather hardly get better more North (this starts 1.5 hrs from the SoMD)

5) I have another track that I am working on that is Cheaspeake Side of the Eastern Shore (St Michaels area, etc).

IBA #42016

my ride reports

follow my ride

lakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:49 AM   #7904
blaster11
Enabler

Oddometer: 6,708
Quote:
Hey Folks--

Ideas as follows:

I enjoyed the Middleburg Tarmac ride quite a bit.....not ready for gravel ride yet, and the ferry ride is always good.
blaster11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:22 AM   #7905
Chisenhallw
Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer: 5,578
Quote:
Did you hurt your paw or just slumbering off a hangover?

I dont' drink no more. Hurt it exercising. Didn't notice until the next day.
I review motorcycles for 2wheelsandamotor.com LoPL Twisty Weekend
Chisenhallw is offline   Reply With Quote