Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #226
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,537
It'll be interesting to see if Yamaha have any plans to put their new triple motor in a TDM replacement - presuming Yamaha have any interest in launching new bikes in the near future..
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #227
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 854
There are several new videos on youtube taken at the same demo ride that the french one already posted came from. A few other ride views, but the sound of the first video was the best.
ssevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #228
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,537
Why - when you have a motor as tuneful as the Triple - do these goofs insist on putting "music" over the top of the already tuneful soundtrack..
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #229
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,694
According to my local dealer, the Triumph rep has confirmed that there is no plans to bring the Tiger Sport to the U.S. I guess I'll be getting that k1300S after all.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #230
IndyChizzle
Inspired by Trevor W

Oddometer: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post
According to my local dealer, the Triumph rep has confirmed that there is no plans to bring the Tiger Sport to the U.S. I guess I'll be getting that k1300S after all.
I hope your dealer is wrong, or that Triumph can be persuaded to change their mind. I'm either buying a Tiger 1050 Sport or a KTM 990 SMT. If Triumph won't import the bike I want, my hands are tied.
IndyChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #231
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyChizzle View Post
I hope your dealer is wrong, or that Triumph can be persuaded to change their mind. I'm either buying a Tiger 1050 Sport or a KTM 990 SMT. If Triumph won't import the bike I want, my hands are tied.
I don't think it's the dealer, this came from Triumph USA apparently. It does seem like this particular iteration is a gap bike. Triumph may be planning on continuing the Tiger Sport, but I bet the current 1050 motor is at end of life (as already speculated).
Old 03-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #232
IndyChizzle
Inspired by Trevor W

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post
I don't think it's the dealer, this came from Triumph USA apparently. It does seem like this particular iteration is a gap bike. Triumph may be planning on continuing the Tiger Sport, but I bet the current 1050 motor is at end of life (as already speculated).
Bummer. The 115-130 horsepower range is perfect for me; it is just fast enough to be fun, without needing traction control to keep me out of trouble.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #233
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

I can wait a bit myself, but if I were in need of a new set of two wheels, I would be pretty sad not to have one of these on the list of available choices. Plans can and do change, so I would hold out until next year if possible to see if this bike is really not coming here. If it doesn't make it by year two, then I would say it is probably not coming at all.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:06 AM   #234
3sum
local Triumph fanboy

Oddometer: 130
That's exactly what I'm doing. I've all but pulled ads for my Speed Triple. I'll most likely keep it for a year more to play wait-and-see with Triumph. My dealer is also saying I can't buy one unless I move to Europe.

I hope line hell he's wrong...

Chris Pope
Locust Grove, GA
10 Speed Triple SE - for sale
57 Cushman Eagle
IBA #8759
3sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:03 AM   #235
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Let's also recognize that any dealer's number one priority is to sell the bikes that he currently has sitting on the showroom floor, as they are costing him money. Better to make a sale now on a sure thing rather than tell some potential customer that he might want to wait a year. Easy enough to apologize later when the real bike you want shows up, as he can just say that he was told by corporate that the bike wasn't going to be delivered here, and why not trade the old one in (profit for him here) and buy the one you really want (more profit here)?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #236
3sum
local Triumph fanboy

Oddometer: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssevy View Post
Let's also recognize that any dealer's number one priority is to sell the bikes that he currently has sitting on the showroom floor, as they are costing him money.
Which is exactly why I'm holding off selling my current steed. I 'trust' my dealer, but I don't t-r-u-s-t him.

Chris Pope
Locust Grove, GA
10 Speed Triple SE - for sale
57 Cushman Eagle
IBA #8759
3sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #237
dman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 576
After my excitement for the Tiger 800XC wore off, and after I bought a DR650 for dirt and realized my Wee Strom was going to stay 99.5% on pavement, this new Tiger 1050 Sport is a serious contender to end up in my garage this year, replacing the Strom and my Ducati. I realize its a niche bike for the US market, but so are the Rocket 3's, the Tiger 800 roadie and some of the umpteen Bonneville variations. If they don't bring it in to the US, Ducati (HyperStrada) or KTM (SMT or 1190) may get my business.

-dman
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #238
IndyChizzle
Inspired by Trevor W

I'm the same way. I don't want to crash a $10,000 adventure bike, when I can ride a $3500 DR650 for dirt and then have a more street oriented sport tourer like the Tiger 1050 Sport.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #239
burgerking
echt bezopen

Oddometer: 693
Did a short testride on the 1050Sport today and was positively surprised (didn't like the old 1050). Handles better then the 800 Road, brakes+suspension good. Engine has a nice roar, lovely power, but does not feel as refined as the 800.
Apart from ABS I see no need for nannytronics on this bike
When the time comes to replace my current 800 the 1050Sport is on top of my list (together with a new 800 )
burgerking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #240
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Do you think it would be decent two-up?