Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #91
MariusD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 404
I am in the market for exactly this kind of bike and was disappointed with the only options from triumph being the explorer and xc. How could the "normal" tiger be gone!? So this bike is the best news yet, I just wonder when the bike makes it to the states so i can get my arse on it!

It's going to be an interesting year... New DL1000 and new Tiger!
MariusD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #92
concours
WFO for 41 years

Oddometer: 5,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerking View Post
So other than the single sided swing, what are the differences vs the normal 1050

(does it have the Speed R engine?)

maybe they decided to put some GODDDAMNED FUNCTIONING HEADLIGHTS! on it....
Old 01-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #93
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvt1 View Post
I see a lot of compromise going on there and a bike that's probably a little warmed over with aesthetics being upper most. The pulled back bars is the biggest give away for me.

Got to be a better road bike than the previous 1050 I'd imagine, but I doubt it will be as light or have the front end feel of the Multistrada. That triple is a peach of a motor though (if a little top heavy feeling).

Definitely going to be trying one. And I bet list price is close to 14k, so 16K on the road.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #94
daysgoneby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Lemme guess, Ash loves it, like he loves all Triumph's!!
With good reason
daysgoneby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #95
daysgoneby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Menace View Post
Looks to be an excellent touring ride. I am guessing this is exactly the market they are after, someone who wants to tour that also wants comfy ergos and performance for 99% road use. Most riders that tour rarely venture off the beaten path anyway. Its just a dreamers dream to have the bike that can supposedly do it all even though it will see about 15 miles of off pavement use in its lifetime. Kind of like owning a Hummer, it can go anywhere but never leaves the pavement. I think it looks like a killer Trumpy! Here is to hoping it comes stateside eventually so I can check it out. Please bring it to the US Triumph........
For me it's like an up to date DL1000 which is a good thing. Lets hope they keep the price reasonable.
daysgoneby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #96
Ramseybella
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Menace View Post
Looks to be an excellent touring ride. I am guessing this is exactly the market they are after, someone who wants to tour that also wants comfy ergos and performance for 99% road use. Most riders that tour rarely venture off the beaten path anyway. Its just a dreamers dream to have the bike that can supposedly do it all even though it will see about 15 miles of off pavement use in its lifetime. Kind of like owning a Hummer, it can go anywhere but never leaves the pavement. I think it looks like a killer Trumpy! Here is to hoping it comes stateside eventually so I can check it out. Please bring it to the US Triumph........
Say what you will.
No it's not a Dirt rider but I do Venture off the beaten path when I find one to explore!

Heading to Alta lakes Colorado.

Ramseybella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:39 AM   #97
mototifosi
what does this one do?

Oddometer: 463
New Teegray...

"Warmed over aesthetics" ???

Really?
It looks like they have made "alot" more changes than cosmetic. Rake and trail, longer wheel base, new wheels, motor enhancement, redesigned airbox, redesigned subframe, redesigned body plastics (seat, and under) new pegs, new lights, new swingarm, upgraded suspension, upgraded transmission, new modified seat, switchable abs, handlebar scroll function, more power, better mileage,... you guys read the same bits I did yes?

Exactly what we did (or wanted to do) to our early 1050's and more (well some of us anyway). It looks fantastic especially slimming the side tank area and making air scoops which feed the new air box I would guess.

"I wish it was more dirt oriented".... Guess the 1200, 800's won't fit the bill? News flash: this will go anywhere you want it to if you have the skills to get it there! Youtube Tiger 1050 in the Alps. This guy is flying up a rocky 2 track in stock trim. Don't know if you ever saw the "Explorer" edition that the cool dealer in Marin put together. If someone wants to give me an email address i will send the pix to you to post up here.

Like JN I sold mine and leaning hard on the new Streety R'. I will throw the Twisted Throttle book at it. Should turn out to be a much lighter, nimbler all rounder save tank capacity. Saw the STR in person yesterday at Cal Moto in Grey. Didn't know if I cared for it until seeing in person . Wow...

mototifosi screwed with this post 01-12-2013 at 01:49 AM
mototifosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:55 AM   #98
3sum
local Triumph fanboy

Oddometer: 125
According to my dealer here close to the US HQ, there isn't going to be a US Tiger Sport. He told me that it's a Europe only model. Me not happy.
IBA #8759
3sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:10 AM   #99
KingOfFleece
SplitWeight(tm)

Oddometer: 664
That is correct for MY 2013.
KingOfFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:29 AM   #100
cls
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 960
I haven't kept up w/the details on this bike since I sold my '07 but the Sport looks interesting. If they've lightened it up, slimmed it up, and firmed it up, I'd be very interested. 517# is too heavy for what I'm looking for. I'd really like a S3 w/some wind protection and a little more suspension travel. A Speed Tiger, if you will...Good looking bike. I'll have to keep an eye on it.
cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #101
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sum View Post
Just ran across this thread while searching for other stuff (sorry for rehashing a two-month old thread). Funny, because my searching was for trying to decide between buying a new Sprint GT or Ninja 1000 (with luggage). I absolutely love my Tiger 1050 I've had for 4 1/2 years, but it's time to move on.

Now.......I'm thinking I'll hold onto it for another year and see what happens. I'm wanting something sportier, but kept going back and forth with the Sprint and N1k, weighing pros and cons.

Hmmm.
My 07 Sprint is my favorite road bike of all time. I would still have her if the wife would have approved of two horses in the stable.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:31 AM   #102
3sum
local Triumph fanboy

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post
My 07 Sprint is my favorite road bike of all time. I would still have her if the wife would have approved of two horses in the stable.

And obviously by my sig I didn't hold off. I saw a 15th Anniversary Edition 2010 Speed Triple that I couldn't live without. And as much as I love it, it's for sale. I miss my sport-tourer with hard luggage but most of all my 8 year old started riding with me last year and loves it. But with the Speed Triple, there's nothing for him to hold onto/lean against. So I'll get something that fits between my true desires - a comfortable sportbike that is a comfy tourer and a bike for him.

I've looked a few Sprints (ST's) here locally, but gotta unload the S3 first.
IBA #8759
3sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #103
Gham
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,265
....and 32.5" seat height,I can dig it

Society Historicus Revisioniscus
Gham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:35 PM   #104
NCGS
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 1,178
Sorry, fellas... "Europe only".. that's from two separate Triumph dealers who were asked yesterday if the bike was coming here.

Too bad.. it has just enough updates to push me to trade my '10 Tiger, which is the best all around bike I've ever owned.
Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many.
NCGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #105
optimum_malarky
Premium nonsense

Oddometer: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCGS View Post
Sorry, fellas... "Europe only".. that's from two separate Triumph dealers who were asked yesterday if the bike was coming here.

Too bad.. it has just enough updates to push me to trade my '10 Tiger, which is the best all around bike I've ever owned.

Hopefully it will make its way here in a couple of years...

Past:
2003 Suzuki SV1000 N,
2003 R1150 GS,2004 Triumph Speed Triple (wrecked), 2001 Triumph Sprint ST, 2003 Suzuki SV650, 1984 R80 ST , 1973 CB750
optimum_malarky is offline   Reply With Quote