ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #1021
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes
 
wrk2surf's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
Oddometer: 6,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrier View Post
Current POST counter for the Pre Event thread!
Too Old has just sneaked in there ahead the recently MODified Troy.
Doyle is doing a sterling job keeping us up to date on all Media platforms and Deadly has enough info for at least another few volumes of TFTB. Keep it up guys and let's see if Too Old keeps the top step or lives up to his name.
Oddometer
too old 62
troy safari carpente 59
doyle 53
Deadly99 43
Bluebull2007 33
Myway 31
Brodovitch 30
Dread Pendragon 27
Flood 26
wrk2surf 24
Stagehand 22
Jurassic 21
tHEtREV 20
beechum1 18
SafariBerg 17
wilkinsonk 15
neduro 14
Balkan Boy 14
barrier 14
HogWild 12
just padding stats..

cant imagine the butterfly's on the peru coast right now
__________________
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #1022
too old
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrier View Post
Current POST counter for the Pre Event thread!
Too Old has just sneaked in there ahead the recently MODified Troy.
Doyle is doing a sterling job keeping us up to date on all Media platforms and Deadly has enough info for at least another few volumes of TFTB. Keep it up guys and let's see if Too Old keeps the top step or lives up to his name.
Ha Ha - this is just the prologue and maybe I've gone off too fast as a relative rookie, the experienced guys will gradually take over as I blow up and run out of steam

Anyhow my rider is a DNS so it will be difficult to keep up the level that could have been -

Will be around though and promise not to be calling out the positioning - we can all read
__________________
Go Sam go
too old is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #1023
Jurassic
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jurassic's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Scotland
Oddometer: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
just padding stats..

cant imagine the butterfly's on the peru coast right now
Gotta love Dakar time on ADV, it's the only place you can gain kudos by talking crap! (I'm referring to my own posts obviously, not the brilliant info posted by those in the know).
Jurassic is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #1024
too old
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by ric678 View Post
Whit my little knowledge I think sending out a fast rider to try and get riders to make mistakes would only work if the other Teams thought he could sustain that pace, I'm sure the big teams have a list of who to watch out for and who to chase if they start getting away
I have it fromn a reasonable source that it's pretty much every man for himself - yes there are support riders (water carriers) but they have to push it just to stay in touch, otherwise they wouldn't be water carriers

Mind you, Matt Fish could be an excpetion to this "rule"

Yes there are team and tactical discussions, but they don't count for too much once the 3,2,1 has dropped - that is unless you find yourself in the lead, then its about staying there

Don't get me wrong, there are still the unwritten rules of the Dakar with respect to assistance for riders in dificulty, it's just that some do and some don't - see mud boy; would be great to see if the assistance would be offered again - piss and fire springs to mind
__________________
Go Sam go
too old is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #1025
Myway
Beastly Adventurer
 
Myway's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Knobby country
Oddometer: 2,565
NOW on TV foxsports program Rali dakar
Myway is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #1026
Dekatria
Ad Astra Per Aspera
 
Dekatria's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: The Netherlands, Europe
Oddometer: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
I have it fromn a reasonable source that it's pretty much every man for himself - yes there are support riders (water carriers) but they have to push it just to stay in touch, otherwise they wouldn't be water carriers

Mind you, Matt Fish could be an excpetion to this "rule"

Yes there are team and tactical discussions, but they don't count for too much once the 3,2,1 has dropped - that is unless you find yourself in the lead, then its about staying there

Don't get me wrong, there are still the unwritten rules of the Dakar with respect to assistance for riders in dificulty, it's just that some do and some don't - see mud boy; would be great to see if the assistance would be offered again - piss and fire springs to mind
Mud boy forfeited his right to being helped last year. Instead, there will only be people giving him a nice wave as they ride past
__________________
The Hekla Project - Riding to Hell and back (Scandinavia 2014 - Iceland 2015)
Thousands of miles, two wheels, and thirteen reasons.
Follow my project at www.thirteenreasons.nl or on Facebook!
Dekatria is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #1027
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam
 
cyborg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Pacific NorthWet
Oddometer: 5,034
Will Kurt Caselli be added in to the Dakar.com list at some point? Unless I missed some post that he's not going, I assumed he was but don't see him on the Moto competitor list. Was it for next year??
cyborg is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #1028
ric678
Studly Adventurer
 
ric678's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: WNY, where it no longer snows
Oddometer: 866
one
ric678 is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #1029
ric678
Studly Adventurer
 
ric678's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: WNY, where it no longer snows
Oddometer: 866
word
ric678 is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #1030
ric678
Studly Adventurer
 
ric678's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: WNY, where it no longer snows
Oddometer: 866
Laugh

stats
ric678 is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #1031
Jurassic
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jurassic's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Scotland
Oddometer: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by ric678 View Post
stats
Oi, that's cheating that is. You have to work hard and think up inane drivel to post like me!
Jurassic is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #1032
Dekatria
Ad Astra Per Aspera
 
Dekatria's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: The Netherlands, Europe
Oddometer: 939
The ASO boffins have conveined and there will be a 50 post penalty for this
__________________
The Hekla Project - Riding to Hell and back (Scandinavia 2014 - Iceland 2015)
Thousands of miles, two wheels, and thirteen reasons.
Follow my project at www.thirteenreasons.nl or on Facebook!
Dekatria is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #1033
Aussie66
Studly Adventurer
 
Aussie66's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Dubai Desert
Oddometer: 794
Anyone taking bets on the best british rider?

USD 100 on James West if his Sherco holds up to the punishment.
__________________
"If at first you dont succeed then skydiving is not for you."
Aussie66 is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #1034
wilkinsonk
Riff Raff
 
wilkinsonk's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Sanford, NC
Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie66 View Post
Anyone taking bets on the best british rider?

USD 100 on James West if his Sherco holds up to the punishment.


SAR 100 on Charley Boorman Sorry, couldn't resist.
wilkinsonk is online now  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #1035
too old
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie66 View Post
Anyone taking bets on the best british rider?

USD 100 on James West if his Sherco holds up to the punishment.
Pretty safe bet that one, no risk then, that is as long as he doesn't push it too much on the hard stuff!
But looking forward to see his dune timings
__________________
Go Sam go
too old is offline  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014